What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oil for Cancer: Which Solvent?

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi all, a good friend of mine got the worst news, 6-9 months max without chemo or 2 years max with, she is only in her early 40's with young children. She is an extremely healthy person and the last person that you would have thought would get cancer. We are going to treat her with oil but I want to get the proper solvent, would 99.7% ISO Alcohol be sufficient? If so, what is it's boiling point? Would a rice cooker work well, basically could I make the oil like Rick Simpson but use 99.7% ISO Alcohol?

I'll keep everyone updated as the treatment goes on, at the moment we are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

Jah Bless
HGO

Last edited:

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
BROTHA HUNDRED....Google juicing raw cannabis leaves.... it works really well with the oil. I have been helping a friend with stage 4 prostate cancer and side effects of agent orange. The juice is truly a miracle.

The juice is amazing and allows your body to absorb more cannibinoids than other methods.

Turkey Tail Mushrooms have shown to be effective against cancer as well.

I personally have been using the juice and notice my body feels better and I have more energy and mental clarity. You can smoke and juice at the same time, one of the other...I juice in the morning and smoke in the afternoon.

Several friends of mine have extended their friends lifes by 6+ years.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR YOUR FRIEND IS DIET!

NO MEAT!!!! A raw organic diet is of upmost importance.

Check out the Gerson Miracle, or Gerson Method. Effective affordable cancer treatment that is older than you and me.

PM if you want any help or suggestions. I am in the same boat.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Yes to all the above..I guess the only thing left is >>>yes to the rice cooker. I started out in slow cookers and the take days for me. Just watch them at the end as the can turn your oil to tar... I practiced with waste leaf to get a process. Use the large farm animal syringe to load your capsules,trust your crippled up ole Pal on that last one ;)

HH great link thanks brudda.

Good luck HG OZ thoughts and prayers are with ya

Dr. D

Veteran
Look up Esiac tea as well and Rene Caise. Vitamin B17 and Vitamin C.
Make sure you have clean ISO before hand (just recently used some that was contaminated left a tcp like smell).
Good luck man.

InjectTruth

I HIGHLY recommend reading BadKittySmiles' edible thread on grass city. She has a thread here by the same title, but its incomplete/less than a 1/4 of the information in the gc thread. She explains bioavailability VERY clearly and thoroughly. Here's a small excerpt.

"When working and talking with various patients across the globe, it doesn't take long to learn (and to agree, for good reason) that Rick Simpson's hemp oil is valued highly by those 'in the know'. However, again with patients in the know, their biggest problem is that when it is made the 'traditional way', the potency and medicinal value that the resulting 'hemp oil' concentrate contains, is simply not very bioavailable.

Meaning, that you pass most of it through your digestive tract, without absorption! Even though it has been stripped from the inert plant matter, the potency is still not easily absorbed by the body; it bounces off cellular walls, and continues down your tract going 'in one end, and right out the other,' without absorption!

Cannabis glandular material is notoriously difficult for the body to absorb, even if it has been activated, and even when it is in the form of a sticky filtered concentrate, such as BHO, or Rick Simpson's Oil.

It needs a 'vehicle' such as oil, glycerin, or even alcohol, which drastically improves cellular permeability, in order to provide you with the most absorption and the strongest sensations.

When you process in oil gently, for long enough, a solution is formed in such a way when the solvent (in this case, oil) creates a persistent 'coat' on the broken down particles of the solute cannabis glandular material)... once this occurs, you have a bioavailable 'solution'.

In other words, we choose the edible solvents we do, not only because they are effective at breaking down cannabis glandular material, but because they help our bodies absorb it!

The specific oil source that you choose, even directly dictates here in the body, your oil is absorbed.... this is why the quality of oil matters, as well.

Unless you know for a fact that your liver does not function properly, and that it consistently over-metabolizes both food and medications, you should start with medium-chain containing oils such as coconut oil and palm kernal oil, or to a lesser extend, clarified butter.

These oils deliver potency via the portal vein and liver, where a kind of chemical conversion takes place as the liver metabolizes the oil, causing the majority of the D9-THC to convert to the more powerful 11-OH-THC!!

Choose the wrong oil, however, and you miss out on most, if not all of that conversion... which results in a much weaker, shorter-lived experience."

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...h-candy-canna-bombs-more-49.html#post13446289

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
BROTHA HUNDRED....Google juicing raw cannabis leaves.... it works really well with the oil. I have been helping a friend with stage 4 prostate cancer and side effects of agent orange. The juice is truly a miracle.

The juice is amazing and allows your body to absorb more cannibinoids than other methods.

Turkey Tail Mushrooms have shown to be effective against cancer as well.

I personally have been using the juice and notice my body feels better and I have more energy and mental clarity. You can smoke and juice at the same time, one of the other...I juice in the morning and smoke in the afternoon.

Several friends of mine have extended their friends lifes by 6+ years.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR YOUR FRIEND IS DIET!

NO MEAT!!!! A raw organic diet is of upmost importance.

Check out the Gerson Miracle, or Gerson Method. Effective affordable cancer treatment that is older than you and me.

PM if you want any help or suggestions. I am in the same boat.

High Life thank you for all that information, it's truly invaluable. I wasn't even aware that juicing cannabis leaves had medicinal qualities! I'm going to look more into that now. As for the diet advise, I 100% agree with you, this girl has been a vegan for a long time now her diet is on point that's why we are so shocked. Were really hoping for the cannabiniods to work, we don't have much time to work with, I don't think she is going to have the chemo. It's funny that you should mention the Gerson diet because I read one of your posts when I was doing research last night where you were advising it to others, at the minute I think she is doing something similar diet, I think it's the Hippocrates diet. Thanks again, I'm going to check all this out tonight.

Yes to all the above..I guess the only thing left is >>>yes to the rice cooker. I started out in slow cookers and the take days for me. Just watch them at the end as the can turn your oil to tar... I practiced with waste leaf to get a process. Use the large farm animal syringe to load your capsules,trust your crippled up ole Pal on that last one ;)

HH great link thanks brudda.

Good luck HG OZ thoughts and prayers are with ya

Thanks you paladin420, I'll be extra careful with the rice cooker coming to the end of the 'cook' I'll do my best not to burn any of the oil. Thanks for the tips man.

Look up Esiac tea as well and Rene Caise. Vitamin B17 and Vitamin C.
Make sure you have clean ISO before hand (just recently used some that was contaminated left a tcp like smell).
Good luck man.

Dr. D I'll look that up now thanks, I have read about vitamin B17 and it's benefits towards cancer, I remember seeing a video on youtube about it a few years ago. I take whole food vitamin supplements every day along with MSM, magnesium, wheat grass, Goji berries, Spirulina, & Maca powder. Thanks for the ISO advise too, I'll be sure to look out for any contaminates.

Thank you all,
HGO

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Another quick question for you guys, how do I decarboxylate the oil if I'm making it the Rick Simpson way?

Thanks,
HGO

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Should decarboxylate while the alcohol is cooking off on the heat, am I right? I find my bho is fully potentiated after being on a heat pad for a few hours. Works very well in food as medicine.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
TMB I don't know how to extract the carbon, I had assumed that it was done on the heat pad at the end but I really am clueless. How much alcohol is used?

Thanks Man,
HGO

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I would consider ethanol the best and safest choice as solvent for those looking to consume decarboxylated hash oil orally during cancer. This is commonly called QWET or quick wash ethanol. BHO made with instrument grade N-butane cleaned with ethanol to remove residual butane, plant waxes, lipids and fats would also be good choice this is called an absolute. Which would also be decarboxylated before being consumed orally.

Decarboxylating after purging the ethanol allows for more quality control because you can get a better idea of what the reaction looks like and will be able to judge when the process is complete just by watching the H2o and Co2 bubbles form.
I follow the graph provided by jump for decarboxylation, 252F at 27 minutes. For the graph and more info pretaining decarboxylation check out http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

I prefer to consume my decarboxylated Absolutes or QWET with a 1:1 ratio of coconut oil in capsules. The effect is very strong and long lasting depending on dosage and tolerance of course.

Best of luck to you helping your sick friend, lets hope this wonderful medicine can bring her relief.

InjectTruth

No problem homey! definitely check that thread out. it goes into detail about decarbing and prepping all types of oral meds.

here is another quick excerpt:

"Common kitchen cooking oils such as olive, corn, canola and soy should be avoided, due to their long-chain

triglyceride content, UNLESS you are one of the very rare people with a liver that consistently over-metabolizes

cannabinoids. In this case I would suggest using either olive, grapeseed (low temps only), or sesame oils, because long-chain

cooking oils promote lymphatic absorption, meaning they almost entirely bypass the liver all together.

Also, it is a little known fact that you can achieve a RANGE of effects and results, depending how well you activate

your material, and depending how bioavailable your oil is.

A single strain, is not limited to providing only a 'single type' of experience when it is eaten, like it generally provides when it

is smoked.

Edible cannabis can be more like vaporization, it can provide a range of experiences depending how you treat it, and the

possibilities can be much greater than smoking, or even vaping!

The below describes the 'range' of effects provided by different levels of activation, their benefits, and the desired outcome for the

patients who choose them.

Starting with:

The least activation, producing a bioavailable solution of mostly carboxyl-intact acid components; Continuing right through to

decarboxylation, and active cannabinoids and chemicals, free of their carboxyl groups; And finally finishing with

degradation and the byproducts of degraded THC.

1.) - Some patients require 'inactive' but bioavailable THCA, CBNA, CBDA and the other (to us) 'inactive acids', and in

flowers those doses can range from .05g to as high as 4.5g, without 'doping up' or intoxicating a patient much, if at all even

at the highest doses. These are cold tinctures, processed with material that is as fresh as possible, without decarbing.

Cold, but most importantly bioavailable extractions (more than just 'juicing' plant matter is required!), provide powerful

anti-cancer/mutagenic, anti-seizure/spasmodic benefits and they provide wonderful pain relief without reducing sensation

of touch, they reduce swelling and inflammation even in lower doses, and especially at higher doses, and they provide especially

wonderful relief for specifically for MS, Parkinson's, as well as for generally frail patients, and also for those suffering

from seizures.

Where it takes literally only a day or two to build up a tolerance to the highest of doses, and these oils and tinctures do

not make a person feel overwhelmed, they are wonderful for treating patients who suffer from very powerful seizures,

and similar attacks. Cannabis is incredibly non-toxic, an incredibly larger dose may be given to both provide relief, and

to control the symptoms of more intense attacks, preventing further injury.

These oils and tinctures are also somewhat mood elevating, but still, for the most part it's without that medicated feeling.

You will have very good pain relief, without losing your sensation of touch.

2.) - The first sensations (following a cold tincture that has had no activation) of an oil or tincture with only limited or partial activation

and decent bioavailability, are primarily cerebral.

In higher doses, these under-processed edibles can cause some mild anxiety and even paranoia in some patients; hyperventilating,

'room-spins', racing-mind/thoughts, even vomiting, these are not uncommon side-effects of over-consumption of THC

and trace amounts of THCA, when they are consumed in quantity, minus some of the important experience-regulating byproducts,

of degradation.

3.) - Then, some patients want to feel relaxed, nicely buzzed but still functional, and they need something that elevates their

mood without gluing them to the couch. In which case edibles decarbed and processed in oil, as described in most of

the tutorials here, are a great place to start.

For those first starting out with edibles, I make sure their first few doses are about half of what they'd normally smoke in

a single session, or in a single day if they are heavy smokers. Once they know what to expect, the average dose most

people are satisfied with (but at the sane time they are not too overwhelmed by), is right around the same amount used in a

24 hour period. It's strong enough to either keep them from smoking quite as much in a day, or it actually out-right replaces

their smoking for the day.

So if you smoke a gram a day, you'll want to eat between a half gram, to a gram in a well-processed edible. I like to split

my daily dose into two to three smaller doses. Sometimes I take them in quick succession, sometimes I spread them

out, and finish with a 'sleeper'... Deciding what level of processing you need, can be the tricky part.

4.) - The longer you heat in oil (to a certain extent, up to four or five hours), the more 'body intensive' the sensations

will become, without a noticeable diminish in potency.

At these levels of activation you have highly effective pain relief, that can sometimes be powerful enough to effect

sensitivity to touch.... for instance if you have a low tolerance, you may notice that you become clumsy, or 'loose and wobbly'

on well-activated oil, you may lose some sensation of touch.

Four to six hours in oil at 220 f, or longer,

and I'm either stuck to the couch, or falling fast asleep!

5.) Any longer than a few hours at such temperatures will reduce THC content. But while 'perceived potency' diminishes, and

the ratio of THC begins to fall, the material becomes overloaded with byproducts of degraded THC, primarily in the form of

delta-8-THC and CBN, and when combined they are powerfully sedative.

While their effects may seem weak during the time you can keep your eyes open, these oils and tinctures usually knock a patient

out cold within 45 - 60 minutes, leaving them well rested upon waking the following morning (or afternoon)!

This tutorial provides SUPERIOR results, to traditionally extracted 'hemp oil', because;

**It takes activation into consideration.

** It takes bioavailability and absorption into consideration, meaning much more of your valuable medicine is actually

delivered throughout your body!"

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Another quick question for you guys, how do I decarboxylate the oil if I'm making it the Rick Simpson way?

Thanks,
HGO
I believe the heat in the rice cooker..

and good stuff Inject..Badkitty is bad ass.. I have mixed mine with coconut oil and it was certainly?? smoother onset maybe.

I mixed them 50/50

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
glad that you started this log HGO. im have a stage 2 cancer patient im caring for and ive heard alot about the RSO and how benifical its been to cancer patients. Im on the same page as you on not knowing how to make the oil but thanks to you and the rest of the fellas in here its getting us/me on the same track

thanks again everyone for this knowledge!

-NE_G978-

JWP

Alkalize the body ASAP

Health = nutrients/calories

Cut ALL processed food from the diet. I would buy your friend a masticating juicer and juice raw cannabis leaves daily. Also juice as many nutrient dense foods from the ANDI index as possible.

8174192.jpg

Its said to take 20 parts alkaline to neutralise 1 part acid.

God speed

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I believe the orginal Rick simpson oil utilizes naphtha as the extracting solvent? I feel this should not be used as a solvent to extract hash oil for oral consumption by a cancer patient, neither should Isopropyl alcohol in my book. Average Isopropyl alcohol usually contains denatonium as an inactive ingredient as a bittering agent, pretty gross stuff. Ethanol FTW!

MIway

Veteran
HGO... I am very sorry to hear.

Might want to hit up greywolf to see if he has any insights to offer on processing... First place I would go.

Burzynski clinic is another place to at least research... Like gerson, persona non grata by the AMA.

Very Best of wishes.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I also highly recommend the use of Ethanol instead of iso or naptha. Skunkman states he's tested more hash oil than we'll ever see... and all of it, even the washed/vacuum-purged, stuff showed residuals of iso.

I also second the suggestion of mixing it with an oil that is compatible with the patient.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: