What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Parents

Piel

Veteran
My mom just died. It was quick and painless and she was il enough to want to die. A good woman. Dad passed a few years back so I´m now the oldest in the family.

Her passing changed the whole world.

gr8fulbud

So sorry, Piel. My mom is in the last days of stage 4 lung cancer and my dad had a stroke in May. Bless us all as we slip one by one into the ether.

Wish you peace. Lost my mom in 08 to cancer. Keep the good memories close and your head up. Time and some well grown medication seemed to help me the most. Good luck to you and your family.

Treetops

My condolences......Just lost my Dad, couple days before Father's Day..it was a relief for all of us as he had had enough....In time it will be better...

Drift13

Piel, my condolences on your Mom passing.
I'm blessed that both of my parents are still with me at 90'something years old. I don't look forward to the day that I'm standing in your shoes.

In our thoughts and prayers bro. Mine passed 2 years ago. "Our" only surviving parent is my mother in law. Wonderful woman that she is, she is way up in years. I have learned that for me at least, even in illness, there is no prepping for this future event. A prayer for peace for you. God Bless

Piel

Veteran
Thanks. We made the arrangements today and they rang the churchbells for her soul. I tried to get her to try pot back in -79 and it was close. Great woman.

O

OrganicOzarks

I feel that you are lucky to be able to have a mother worth missing.

That was my attempt at a silver lining. Not that there can be one in this case.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
My deep condolences Piel.
I´ve lost my father a couple of years ago but not even that can prepare me for the departure of my Mum. And i can honestly relate when you say that her passing out changed your whole world.
Stay Strong

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for your loss Piel, its never easy losing a parent, we come to count on them to be there forever, and its just not possible, they will always be in your heart and memories. I miss my parents very much.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I grieve with you Piel, although I don't know you. I hope you find a good way to cope with your loss.

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
They raised a good man..Now they live in your heart forever..Stay well and grow strong bro!!

Piel

Veteran
Thanks guys, fine words.

azad: We know each, it´s just a new way of knowing...I miss the tin can and string telephones :)