What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gonna order my sons 1st bike today!!!

NOKUY

Veteran
hunter is 10 mnths old and walking really good already....

were gonna get him a lil coaster bike for his 1st b-day, but i gotta do custom paint on it first.....somethin badass like crimson red w/ yellow flames.....(his fav colors)...ill post pics when it done....

they say kids as young as 1 can use these things.....surely slow at first, but hunter might be the next dave mirra

heres the bike:
BSzoomerToddlerBike-4.jpg

...hoping to get him on the slopes this year too ...snowbaording or skiing, but prolly next year......

:wave:

C

Classy@Home

Maybe a BigWheel first???

Awesome flames down the side - get some knobby assed big plastic tires...

And a helmet, w/ dreads hanging out...

Dr. D

Veteran
hunter is 10 mnths old and walking really good already....

were gonna get him a lil coaster bike for his 1st b-day, but i gotta do custom paint on it first.....somethin badass like crimson red w/ yellow flames.....(his fav colors)...ill post pics when it done....

they say kids as young as 1 can use these things.....surely slow at first, but hunter might be the next dave mirra

heres the bike:
BSzoomerToddlerBike-4.jpg

...hoping to get him on the slopes this year too ...snowbaording or skiing, but prolly next year......

:wave:

Dude that shit is awesome, fairplay to you.
That bike is so cool and he can stand himself up and push along with his feet! Too cool, make sure you post some pics of the paintjob...Peace

H

h^2 O

my first bicycle was in 1986-ish, I got a Michael Jackson brand BMX. It was red and black and had Michael Jackson and Thriller or something written on it.

I

In~Plain~Site

1115801_101020220525_bid_or_buy_025.jpg

Trick one of these bad boys out...lil' young for a bike with no trainers, bro :ying:

Having your first child is the bomb...I don't want to spoil the 'suprise' :D

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
see if you can grab a foam tube. Cut it length ways and fit it over those handle bars for a while. I can see him hitting a wall and totally smashing his face on those metal bars. May not do him that much damage at the speeds he'l be going, but it'll prevent him from spending a few hours screaming.

Both my kids ride with me on some of the moutainbike tracks that i ride.

The youngest had one like you - It gives great confidence and learns them to balance the bike. Remember a good helmet. Crashes in their early learning will demoralize them a little.

Now the kids have these:

IMO its important to remember that they don't have as much muscle as we do, and that their bike has to be as light as possible. These Specialized alu bikes for kids are absolutely the lightest "mountainbikes" that i have tried.

And - never ever - ever - let your kid try a bike with trainers. They will forget how to balance the bike, and lean on the trainers for support rather than using the speed to stabilize the bike. My oldest learned directly on the bike and has great balance and confidence. The youngest learned on this:

But later tried a pedal bike with trainers just before I gave her the real bike, and it took weeks to learn how to balance the bike again.

Oh - yes I'm a Specialized fan-boy.

S

stickey fingers

SAFETY FIRST (BE SAFE) CARS DON'T LOOK !!!

SAFETY FIRST (BE SAFE) CARS DON'T LOOK !!!

Congradulations,rember #1 rule no one gets on any thing without a HELMENT !!!! i would
take you're child to a good bike shop and let them pick out there own approved HELEMENt,
it only takes 1 sec for something to happen that you could blame you're self the rest of
you're life !!! i have been rideing for 30 years and the road is never a joke!!! protect you're
child and family!!!
RIP DR JAY

NOKUY

Veteran
Both my kids ride with me on some of the moutainbike tracks that i ride.

The youngest had one like you - It gives great confidence and learns them to balance the bike. Remember a good helmet. Crashes in their early learning will demoralize them a little.

Now the kids have these:

IMO its important to remember that they don't have as much muscle as we do, and that their bike has to be as light as possible. These Specialized alu bikes for kids are absolutely the lightest "mountainbikes" that i have tried.

And - never ever - ever - let your kid try a bike with trainers. They will forget how to balance the bike, and lean on the trainers for support rather than using the speed to stabilize the bike. My oldest learned directly on the bike and has great balance and confidence. The youngest learned on this:

But later tried a pedal bike with trainers just before I gave her the real bike, and it took weeks to learn how to balance the bike again.

Oh - yes I'm a Specialized fan-boy.

that specialized one is the one ....thnx bro :wave:

plus its got more area to paint :thank you:

NOKUY

Veteran
1115801_101020220525_bid_or_buy_025.jpg

Trick one of these bad boys out...lil' young for a bike with no trainers, bro :ying:

Having your first child is the bomb...I don't want to spoil the 'suprise' :D

he'll catch on fast....i dont wanna let him have any power wheel devices tho....he can skate, bike, ski.....all that ...as long as his legs work he can use them....when he's a teen or something and wants a mx bike or whatever thats cool...but i think he'll appreciate being able to go wherever he wants on a bike...thats how i got thru life so far

Latest posts

Latest posts