What's new

The Irish Bust Thread

C

COOKIE MONSTER

seems to be a rise in small busts recently

It's probably proportional to the amount of folk who have started growing in recent years to avoid smoking crap, added to the existing home growers who have no choice but to sell a bit just to pay the bills.

Desperate times and all that....

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Well if it's anything like the explosion in home grown fruit and veg, it's a lot more than we think.
We spent 22m or something like that last year on seeds/tubers and fruit stock....huge increase on previous years in the boom time.

Going by my specious reasoning, if more people are growing their own veg then surely more people must be growing their own weed...grow shops in large towns and cities are still in business.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

a family who claimed they were assaulted and imprisoned after their house was mistakenly raided in a drug search have received an apology.

Kathleen and James Walsh and their children Garry, Seamus and Carmel, of Cregmore, Claregalway, Co Galway, brought a High Court action seeking damages against Justice Minister Alan Shatter, Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan and Attorney General Maire Whelan.

The action arose out of what they claimed was the unlawful entry by gardai to their home on March 4, 2008. They sought damages for false imprisonment, trespass, invasion of privacy, negligence, breach of duty, assault, intentional and reckless infliction of emotional suffering. They also sought aggravated and exemplary damages.

Yesterday the court heard that the case had been resolved mainly on confidential terms.

An apology was read to the court by barrister Paul Greene, for the Garda Commissioner.

"The actions of An Garda Siochana on the night in question are sincerely regretted," he said. "The Walsh family are of impeccable character, upstanding and law abiding citizens.

"The Garda Siochana wholeheartedly acknowledges the stress, humiliation and trauma that they individually and as a family suffered on the night and in subsequent newspaper and radio coverage," he said.

The Walsh family's solicitor said they were "very happy the matter had been resolved".

The family claimed that between 12 and 15 gardai unlawfully entered their home. They claimed James and his sons were pushed to the ground.

Despite requests, the family claimed, they were not shown a search warrant. Mrs Walsh also claimed she was held captive in her own home.

The family claimed the gardai said they lost a vehicle they had been tailing and thought it had turned into the their property.

- Aoife Finneran

Irish Independent

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
in rush atm but id keep an eye on 6 news,nacd report on growing + bud tests today + 600 plant bust yesterday (post links later)

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/trader-cleared-over-cannabis-plants-2948489.html

Trader cleared over cannabis plants
By Andrew Phelan
Tuesday November 29 2011

AN out-of-work market trader has been found not guilty of cultivating cannabis at a north Dublin apartment where the drug was found growing in a tent.

Nsa Okpo (41) was alleged to have been responsible for cannabis plants found growing under an ultraviolet light in tent in a bedroom.

But a judge dismissed the case against him after ruling there was insufficient evidence that the plants were his.

Okpo had pleaded not guilty to a charge of unlicensed cultivation of cannabis at Temple Gardens, Northwood, Santry on August 26, 2010. Garda Jason Moran told Dublin District Court he went to the address with a search warrant on foot of confidential information.

Okpo was not there, so the garda "breached" the door and entered. In a bedroom, he found a tent which contained four plants, UV lights and other instruments.

Seized

The apartment was empty, so the garda seized the plants and had them tested.

Later that evening, he contacted Okpo and told him about the search and that his door would need to be fixed.

"He seemed to get annoyed and started shouting down the phone that I had burgled his house and stolen his drugs," Garda Moran alleged.

He also alleged Okpo said he was the only person who lived at the apartment at the time.

Cross-examined by defence solicitor Michael O'Connor, the garda said he did not include either of these alleged comments in his statement or notes.

Judge Patricia McNamara said it seemed extraordinary that the alleged comments were not in the garda's statement.

She said it had not been proven that the accused lived there and that nobody else did.

aphelan@herald.ie

- Andrew Phelan

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...ng-plant-discovered-530150.html#ixzz1f7s3W7xo

Two arrested after cannabis-growing plant discovered

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 06:02 PM

Gardaí have today arrested two men after uncovering a substantial cannabis-growing operation, and drugs worth nearly €500,000, in Co Louth.

Acting on intelligence they had gathered as part of an ongoing operation, the Garda National Drugs Unit and gardaí from Dundalk searched a house in the Seatown area of the town this morning.

They seized around 800 cannabis plants, along with seven kilos of herbal cannabis - with an estimated street value of up to €400,000.

The two men, aged 31 and 42, are being held at Dundalk Garda Station under Section 2 of the Criminal Justice Act.

284427_1.jpg

A house in south Dublin where gardai found cannabis plants being grown by a gang of drug dealers in October last year.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
C

COOKIE MONSTER

"Although Ireland has not got the climate to grow these plants outdoors, they can be grown indoors "

Ah shite there goes my plans for outdoor 2012, on the plus side...if I'm ever busted it will be for hemp cultivation :tiphat:

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Studies have also shown that bullshit can be made easier to swallow by placing the word study in front of it.

Living in this country and having to put up with the gobshites in power will lead to psychosis quicker than any "skunk" :tiphat:

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I like this part.

"Fine Gael Councilor Eugene McCormack said one of the reasons there was a demand for cannabis was due to the perception that it is harmless.
And he strongly criticized newly-elected Roscommon TD, Luke 'Ming' Flanagan, for contributing to the perception.
He stated: "I am firmly of the view that cannabis is a gateway drug and it causes mental health problems. I have a difficulty when a member of the Oireachtas like Deputy Flanagan endorses its use."

So what he's really saying is that his head is firmly up his ass, and he has a difficulty with anyone trying to remove it.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Don't you all know that cannabis kills brain cells? You are all gonna end up with psychosis!! LOL. I was a mix of cringing and very angry when I heard RTE lying with their typical anti-cannabis propaganda, telling stories about cannabis getting stronger and stronger. I'm not gonna think about it anymore because I can feel myself ready to punch this laptop....

:rant:

C

COOKIE MONSTER

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1128/1224308221684.html?via=rel

FROM EARLY in the new year motorists suspected of driving while under the influence of drugs are to be asked to perform a range of roadside physical tests.

The tests, such as balancing on one leg, are part of a crackdown on drug-driving to be announced today by Minister for Transport Leo Varadkar.

Changes to the Road Traffic Bill are to be introduced before the end of next month while the Garda are already receiving training in a range of behavioural tests to determine whether motorists’ driving skills are impaired by illegal or prescription drugs.

The checks will also include walking a straight line and hand co-ordination tests such as touching fingers above the head. Officers will base part of their opinion on observation, particularly on dilation of a driver’s pupils.

N

ninja bud

Studies have also shown that bullshit can be made easier to swallow by placing the word study in front of it.

Living in this country and having to put up with the gobshites in power will lead to psychosis quicker than any "skunk" :tiphat:

Oh you just have to love the Irish for being so Irish. This country is a mad house as far as I can tell.

Latest posts

Latest posts