What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

would you let this lady start your dreadlocks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKUY

Veteran
i know, i know...not another dreadlock thread...lol :tiphat:

got a serious question this time tho.....

im working on my final set of locks....hair is 6 inches right now....and partially dreaded (just a few bits that ive been twistin up while sittin around high)

...anyway i was looking for someone local (colorado) that can just do it for me in 1 sitting.....i don't have time or patience to get 'em all started myself....and i dont have the patience to do it naturally...ive done that before and it takes about 3 yrs for my hair to fully dread on its own, and i didn't really like the outcome.

this is the last time that im gonna do this, and im not cutting them, so i want them to come out right.

here is this chics website.....looks like she does a really good job...what do you guys think??

http://www.adilocks.com/

here is a link to her slideshow that shows a bunch of before and after pics of ppl she has done:

http://www.adilocks.com/Dreadlock-Slide-Show.html

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chicks with dreads are hot, I don't have enough hair but I would for sure let her play with it anyways. Also it looks like she does a good job, one day transformations.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dunno, kinda looks like she just took a giant dump on this lady's head...

hrrN7.jpg

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
WTF? This thread is a bit surprising to me. When I was growing out my locks, I just used beeswax and started twisting my hair when it was really really short. Never went to a "salon" to get it done and would not have even considered it at the time since I had no money.

Sometimes, I get the urge to grow out my dreads again, but then I figure that time of my life has come and gone. I'm not a rasta or indian mystic and I don't feel the need to validate myself with how I look anymore. I've come to learn that it's what is inside that really counts.

Maybe I'm just getting old or something, lol.

HB.

supermanlives

Veteran
a woman with dreads dont appeal to me much. altho there is one a few blocks down i would bang. but when i was done i would have to tell her she would be way more hot with a regular hairstyle. lol

Last edited:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
a woman with dreads dont appeal to me much. altho there is one a few blocks down i would bang. but when i was done i would have to tell her she would be way more hot with a regular hairstyle. lol
Personally it would depend on weather I could tie those Dreads to the Headboard or KNOT..:artist:

I

In~Plain~Site

It ain't a month around here without a dread-thread from YUK/Mountaingoat...

Just make sure you pay her with your AMEX, that way you're covered if you don't like the job she does.

AMEX is good about that shit, fucked up dreads, we ain't paying.

NOKUY

Veteran
It ain't a month around here without a dread-thread from YUK/Mountaingoat...

Just make sure you pay her with your AMEX, that way you're covered if you don't like the job she does.

AMEX is good about that shit, fucked up dreads, we ain't paying.

LMFAO bro :wave:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
1st-Yes I would.
2nd-Then I'd visit Charles Manson in prison and ask for tips on making life choices.
3rd-Then I'd have Dr Phil kick me in the fuckin nuts while asking, "What the hell is your problem son?"

NOKUY

Veteran
1st-Yes I would.
2nd-Then I'd visit Charles Manson in prison and ask for tips on making life choices.
3rd-Then I'd have Dr Phil kick me in the fuckin nuts while asking, "What the hell is your problem son?"

what r u smokin tonight dawg?

NOKUY

Veteran
put an ad in craigslist for a black woman to do it. Tell her to play "mario - braid my hair" and pay her well.

most african american girls dont have much experience dreading caucasion hair...worth a try tho

....but i bet that a loctician w/ that much experience w/ my hairtype will make a diff.....

....but 50 bucks an hour ...errrrrrrrr!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.