What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Festival Express

G

Just saw this movie a few days ago, apparently it has been out for a few years but I had not heard of it. It is a Rockumentary, I guess of a week long tour of some great acts back in 1970. Good music on the dvd and behind the scene footage of the parties and jam sessions made it very easy to watch.

Janice Joplin rocks man! She does Cry-Baby on here that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
Grateful Dead, the Band, Buddy Guy, it is excellent. I highly recommend it to all.

Here is the link for more info.

http://usa.festivalexpress.com/index2.html

Last edited:
Just saw this movie a few days ago, apparently it has been out for a few years but I had not heard of it. It is a Rockumentary, I guess of a week long tour of some great acts back in 1970. Good music on the dvd and behind the scene footage of the parties and jam sessions made it very easy to watch.

Janice Joplin rocks man! She does Cry-Baby on here that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
Grateful Dead, the Band, Buddy Guy, it is excellent. I highly recommend it to all.

Here is the link for more info.

http://usa.festivalexpress.com/index2.html

Great movie, and well worth buying. I think it's on netflix also.

ernesttbass

I've owned a copy of this for couple years now. It's worth every dollar I paid for it.
Who here can say they pulled their train over to buy out a liquor store?

theclearspot

thats brilliant thanks for info, must have a corkscrew at that. I recently saw the Glastonbury Fayre movie of the Glastonbury 1971 festival...really interesting not just cos I discovered the incredible Terry Reid (watch them passing round a joint before they start) but the whole culture and freedom , makes me mad when I see Glastonbury now. These are better than later docs like 'The Song Remains The Same'- Zeppelin. any others worth watchin?

dddaver

Veteran
Thanks. I sure enjoyed that. The Rose sure was one great broad, what a set of pipes. She sure was happy there. Whoa, I sure said sure a lot, I'm pretty sure anywho.