What's new

Need a High CBD low THC strain, any suggestions?

slowandeasy

Veteran
Need a High CBD low THC strain, any suggestions? Want a strain that aleviates symptoms from Crohn's, but does not get you really high. Something you can use before work. Also need a high CBD and High THC strain, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
I regret to inform you that what you are looking for does not exist. CBD is the primary cannabinoid in hemp. In drug strains, you can have 3 genotypes, BtBt which produces primarily THC, BtBd which produces both THC and CBD, and BdBd, which produces primarily CBD. Breeders get rid of the BtBd and BdBd genotypes in favor of pot that will get you blasted. Some claim to have high CBD strains, but the level of CBD is rarely over 1.5%. Most drug strains have less than .1%CBD.

If you search the med forum, you will see several threads about this and possible solutions.

Colina

I maybe wouldn't be so sure about that Pops. How many folks around the world have the equipment and have also been looking for this type of plant? Very few, and I would go out on the limb and say that their selections in testing may have been rather limited. Dollars to donuts it's right around the corner.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
I am sure that if enough med patients requested high CBD strains and were willing to buy enough seeds to make it profitable, it could happen in a very short time. The seed business is all about $. If we(those of us in MMJ states) want to claim that mj is a medical godsend, we must look at all the cannabinoids for medical properties. CBD actually has more medical properties than THC and the 2 definitely complement each other.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Need a High CBD low THC strain, any suggestions? Want a strain that aleviates symptoms from Crohn's, but does not get you really high. Something you can use before work. Also need a high CBD and High THC strain, any suggestions would be appreciated!

the only place you could get a low enough thc strain, whilst having sufficient CBD, CBN and all the others, because these guy still havn't isolated all the different chemicals that have affects on the nervous system, would be through official channels, like a doctor, because no breeders, and not many people, apart from sufferers of alziemers or other neurological/neuropathic disorders, want cannabis without the high. the manufactured sprays available are the best option for such sufferers which are still in trial, but i believe still available, but thats in the uk. same guys that made the spray, breed the strains you would want, lucky bastards get to grow greenhouses worth of ganja for the goverment. ive been to cali, but never toked in america, your crazy ass police scare the shit out of me! but im sure that alot of the strains being bred officially there, must be for medicinal use. so maybe some one from cali knows one?

Colina

A med patient, chronic pain, nerve damage, chronic muscle spasms etc. Does he want high CBD? Might wanna see the paperwork (rolling papers) of said work before drawing conclusion. Symptoms may indicate high CBD, to have direct action on these ailments. At the same time, what was it I was doing a minute ago? Oh, yeah, I was reeling in pain, lol. THC, though a different mode of action may still be more valuable in medicine than folks are giving credit? -says the Haze user (for many medicinal uses)

When we're ready to entertain thoughts of drastic measures due to discomfort, transporting ones self to mars -without the use of opiates- becomes a particularly attractive plan B in my opinion. I question that high CBD buds are what I want, and weather or not the medicine cabinet would be filled with them if they were available.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I regret to inform you that what you are looking for does not exist. CBD is the primary cannabinoid in hemp. In drug strains, you can have 3 genotypes, BtBt which produces primarily THC, BtBd which produces both THC and CBD, and BdBd, which produces primarily CBD. Breeders get rid of the BtBd and BdBd genotypes in favor of pot that will get you blasted. Some claim to have high CBD strains, but the level of CBD is rarely over 1.5%. Most drug strains have less than .1%CBD.

If you search the med forum, you will see several threads about this and possible solutions.

^ This guy knows his stuff.

No big deal. You just need to smoke two different strains at once. One high in THC and one high in CBD.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Ok they Pops, what is a higer than average CBD strain? You know alot about the subject, so what strains to you recommend? What are your personal favorite? What about the landraces from Pakistan and Afganistan, they are supposed to be high in CBD. There has to be strains out there that do not get you super stoned, yet help for pain and inflamation.

C

Cinderella99

Look folks...

Look folks...

This is a MED user looking for help...Please stop funnin'

Cheeseman is correct, you're looking for an afghani type w/WW...much like the WR that Cheeseman suggests. Heri-j would be perfect as well, just don't expect to do anything (like work) but sleep after smoke.

How about Williams Wonder?

Peace out.

C

cork144

the only place you could get a low enough thc strain, whilst having sufficient CBD, CBN and all the others, because these guy still havn't isolated all the different chemicals that have affects on the nervous system, would be through official channels, like a doctor, because no breeders, and not many people, apart from sufferers of alziemers or other neurological/neuropathic disorders, want cannabis without the high. the manufactured sprays available are the best option for such sufferers which are still in trial, but i believe still available, but thats in the uk. same guys that made the spray, breed the strains you would want, lucky bastards get to grow greenhouses worth of ganja for the goverment. ive been to cali, but never toked in america, your crazy ass police scare the shit out of me! but im sure that alot of the strains being bred officially there, must be for medicinal use. so maybe some one from cali knows one?
did you see that on panorama? i saw that and couldnt beleave that there are actual legal grows in the uk, it was a rather large op.

Barneys farm phatt fruity has like 12% thc and 1.3% CBD, thats pretty much the most balanced THC to CBD rate ive seen, even though the thc content is 10x the ammount of the CBD, it realy is a shame that there arnt breeders already specificly getting these sort of strains out to the people who need them the most.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
did you see that on panorama? i saw that and couldnt beleave that there are actual legal grows in the uk, it was a rather large op.

yea man i hated those retards they got on, to show the "bad side" of being an addict, those people were so carefully selected to be the worst examples of stoners. they've been growing it there since the mid 90's its big scale, but it'l be in some govermant owned research park or summit. landraces from pakistan wont help alot of them are indicas mainly so have highish thc levels. a whispy haze would be your best bet, but thats not a strain- some oldschool thai haze x skunk or any haze thats actually a haze and not just called summit haze!

breeders get most of their money from the commercial guys that buy 10 - 20+ packs at a time, which is the opposite end to the few tens of thousands of people that'l buy 1 pack but that need it for medicinal purposes, if i could i would but their are legal drugs that mediate most of the effects of diseases like this better, without the troublesome side-effects,for some, that comes with using medicinal cannabis, if the sufferer has smoked ganja before and doesnt mind getting a tiny bit high, then theres hope of a strain, but if this person is elderly & not smoked weed much before, then the spray is the only way

C

cork144

Yea well considering it wasnt a constant weed bashing doc i was fairly happy with it, they gotta chuck in some stuff to scare people otherwise the govt aint gonna allow it

O

ocean99

but im sure that alot of the strains being bred officially there, must be for medicinal use. so maybe some one from cali knows one?

Sorry to let you down bro, but out here breeders breed for the same thing they've always bred for, fuckin taste and high. Nothing official at all about Cali's med market, this shit's all about gettin blasted.

Colina

This is a MED user looking for help...Please stop funnin'

Cheeseman is correct, you're looking for an afghani type w/WW...much like the WR that Cheeseman suggests. Heri-j would be perfect as well, just don't expect to do anything (like work) but sleep after smoke.

How about Williams Wonder?

Peace out.

Cindy,

White Widow, White Rhino, Herijuana (this would be perfect?), Williams Wonder? Are these what you're recommending for Crohn's disease? Where did you obtain this information if you don't mind me asking?

Colina

Yeah, seriously though folks,

The vast majority of cannabis strains are highly variable and so are the effects they might have on the user. To say that this or that clone is perfect for this or that ailment is ridiculous, to say that this or that strain is perfect, is way over the top for sure -total BS. Mockery, marketing scams, medical seeds my ass. We haven't a clue yet, let's not kid ourselves. Please believe that these comments spring from a deep respect for the plant and with great optimism for the things it can accomplish, but also with the knowledge that we are very far away from realizing all that will be eventually.