What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Patent #9095554

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannabologist

Veteran
Canabiologist, you really don't know what you are talking about with all that intemperate ranting.

In order to patent a plant some unique quality must be added by a human. Natural plants are not patentable. Mostly due to its illegal status nationally and internationally ALL Cannabis plants are not patentable. The door is only barely beginning to open for legally protected varieties. All of our seeds and clones, including those still on vendors shelves are not patentable. Somebody in a legal environment must add something "novel" for a new variety to obtain legal protection.

Some of that will no doubt happen once legalization becomes the norm but there won't be much money in it in my opinion. Cannabis is a tremendously genetically diverse species like apples. But with Cannabis that diversity still manages to produce useful products unlike the disappointing results produced by most apple trees grown from seed.

You don't seem to understand patenting at all. Everything is natural. Plants you created and maintain are your invention. You need to read the law :)

This is why I have posted the links so you and others can read over and digest them.. You don't really have any idea what you are talking about.. There are ALREADY patented cannabis clones.. The USA patent office doesn't really care about federal illegal status.. I don't know you need to keep up with reality :huggg:

I have covered already what is and is not patentable.. Including telling you already that products you have brought to market or on the market, seeds, clones, and other products, yes are not patentable... But products that haven't been on the market are.. I don't know what is so hard to grasp this isn't rocket science...

I'm also not a patent lawyer, and again I've said as much.

People should read the applicable laws... WHICH... they haven't and refuse to do apparently lol.

Anything you have not brought to a market you can patent. ALL individuals ARE novel (the patent office may not realize this or.. Want to realize this..).. It is up to you to prove novelty, which only takes some time and leg work.

If you think producers will not want tried and true tested products that consumers also want.... I can't keep repeating myself on this...

Cannabologist

Veteran
what i wanna know is..... what other handle does canabologist post under here? you sure you aren't a well know seed breeder? and no I don't mean skunkman but the posting style and construct give you away.
Just one old me friend! Your paranoia is once again showing :huggg:Stop being so silly cake. Silly cake is delicious.

Funny these guys must be smart guys if we all sorta kinda think alike :dance013:

budsicles

Cannabologist...why don't you ask the scientists that were actually HIRED BY MONSANTO....

Those scientists can be heard in the documentary "Scientists Under Attack".

Monsanto scientists were told to excise tumors from gmo fed rats and declare them "healthy". The scientists that refused to do this were fired and subjected to character assassination campaigns by the company to prevent them from finding alternative professional work. The documentary provides the info RIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH...the scientists who worked for Monsanto.

But I'm sure you will just blame hippies and fake news for your ignorant bigotry. Good luck with life...I hope your stomach stays filled with 100% monsanto products.

GoatCheese

Veteran
K k sure thing 9/11 guy... What a stupid asshole. I was trying to help you idiot.

Whatever. Can't help crazy, stupid liars :dance013:
I lied? It was you whose info was incorrect.

Here's how you're wired, kid:
- You make a claim
- And then i correct you (communism-monsanto gm-health)
- And then you just drop the topics without admitting you were wrong. Not a word of argument anymore, only name calling.
...and then you make this odd claim that "you were only trying to help me". WTF? LOL

You just had to write something back, ay.

But this is how you're wired.

In reality you must have really felt embarrassed about your own ignorance, that you have now shown in public, and you just wanted to write something back which is the only way you felt you could save your face, right. 12 year olds behave like this.
..you could have just admitted you were wrong, but no. Grow up.

Are you still gonna tell your mom and dad to eat Monsanto's GM-filth?? This stuff sterilizes rats in few generations. Bummer your dad didn't eat this hit before he nailed your mom, dummy.:biggrin:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
imo, if you like communism you are as much of an ignoramuse as if you like monsanto.

but this thread is supposed to be about patents of cultivars, and again, my opinion is that all we need to do to understand the future of legalized cannabis, is to take a look at the wine industry.

peace

Cannabologist

Veteran
I lied? It was you whose info was incorrect.

Here's how you're wired, kid:
- You make a claim
- And then i correct you (communism-monsanto gm-health)
- And then you just drop the topics without admitting you were wrong. Not a word of argument anymore, only name calling.
...and then you make this odd claim that "you were only trying to help me". WTF? LOL

You just had to write something back, ay.

But this is how you're wired.

In reality you must have really felt embarrassed about your own ignorance, that you have now shown in public, and you just wanted to write something back which is the only way you felt you could save your face, right. 12 year olds behave like this.
..you could have just admitted you were wrong, but no. Grow up.

Are you still gonna tell your mom and dad to eat Monsanto's GM-filth?? This stuff sterilizes rats in few generations. Bummer your dad didn't eat this hit before he nailed your mom, dummy.:biggrin:

mmmm YEP! And, You're info is incorrect, not mine. But we can keep pointing fingers all day.. AND, I'll be right, and you'll be wrong. oh well :laughing:

Keep trollin kiddo.. Or posting outdated crap articles from the liar's website, and not checking the wikipedia, or keeping up to date with the science and the plethura of articles about the incident.. Justt go on lying! Or claiming/thinking bombs in the buildings, or the planes were holograms, rofl rofl rofl.... OMG... Please post us more links to more crap websites..
Remember it was aliens I believe you so.... !!!

Dude. You're SO wrong.. You can't even read the wiki where you see the study is retracted. You post a libel lawsuit as if that is anything scientific, that has to do with people calling the guy out and so on... The study is FAKE...

FAKE STUDIES..

Do you know what that is and that means???

Do you know what a fraudulent study is? Do you realize the guy falsified his work to blatantly attack monsanto?

Course not keep posting nonsense and lies guy :woohoo:

You need a serious dose of reality, you're a verifiable lunatic :comfort:

Cannabologist

Veteran
Cannabologist...why don't you ask the scientists that were actually HIRED BY MONSANTO....
There are plenty of talks and lectures online BY scientists hired by monsanto, and many not hired by monsanto, and you can see what's up for yourself
Those scientists can be heard in the documentary "Scientists Under Attack".MmmmmMM SORRRY I don't watch or listen to or subscribe to what is likely lying bullshit documentaries that are likely garbage, and lies. So... Unless you have some sort of synopsis you'd like to give me..

Monsanto scientists were told to excise tumors from gmo fed rats and declare them "healthy".
YEAHHHH.... SEE... NO THEY FUCKING WEREN'T.. No such things EVER.. EVER happened.. You're not only wrong, you're so wrong that even saying such without at the least implying that is all ridiculous speculation, is lying.

Why isn't this on cnn, or fox?? Or Alex Jones?? Aj is killing it lately.. If these people had some documents and could be verified, at least by a crazy googly eyed blogger, Aj'd have them on the show... Hmmm

And where ever the hell you got that lie.. (that lying documentary, you're brain, some blog, etc., etc.)... This is the problem with liars and the internet :tiphat:

The scientists that refused to do this were fired and subjected to character assassination campaigns by the company to prevent them from finding alternative professional work. The documentary provides the info RIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH...the scientists who worked for Monsanto. Yeah.. No they weren't STOP WATCHING CRAP FROM LIARS... THAT IS NOT A DOCUMENTARY. THERE ARE NO SUCH SCIENTISTS..

Holy christ. Are you THAT gullible??? You will believe a fake movie with ACTORS...lol.. actors in white coats with a blurb at the bottom that says "former monsanto scientist".... AND YOU FUCKING BELIEVE IT!!

HEY I HAVE SOME ICE TO SELL YOU, LET ME TELL YOU BRO YOU CAN MAKE BANK ON THIS ICE TRUST ME. People need ice.. Who doesn't need ice.. Its good ice man, the best, really solid, not melty at all. You're gonna make BANK.

But I'm sure you will just blame hippies and fake news for your ignorant bigotry. Good luck with life...I hope your stomach stays filled with 100% monsanto products. YEP FACTS... REASON, LOGIC, RATIONALITY... ALL ARE IGNORANT BIGOTRY SURE SURE K.. Holy christ projection...
you ever feel like you are in a room full of shit and there's a bunch of other people in the room with you and they are all eating the shit and it's like... Um... uh.. And they keep eating it and even worse offering you the shit and trying to get you to eat it.. Some of them even get a little forceful and its like hey HEY! HEY... HEY!! No way man! That's shit! I don't eat that shit!

All of you... Look up PROJECTION :huggg:

Then LOOK UP SHIT about monsanto. You know. REAL research, yeah. NOT FAKE BLOGS AND FAKE NEWS AND FAKE HIPPY LIES you jimmies.

Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/user/IssuesinBiotechnolog
^^ REAL monsanto scientist.

HERE.... I'll hold all hands of the people deriding monsanto some more... LEARN STUFF PEOPLE... Ya'll have like 30 hours of videos to watch now... If you post before doing some basic research.. I'll be very disappointed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xMPQh0pZoE

Number one of Al's vids..

This is another one that is required viewing..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnrniWpdsDU&index=84

I could post many more but I really can't waste more time ok the horse has been cremated at this point, I keep it in an urn on my mantle

Okkk I'm postig more..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgxfWJxCik4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxZkenZOxg0

Please.. Anti science people.. Let me help you, help you, help me, helping you will you, me, helping me. You. Helping you me helping you helping me. Helping yourself.

Last edited:

budsicles

Why don't you actually provide the long term clinical trials performed on humans and included in peer-reviewed scientific journals?...that's right...they don't exist.

Linking youtube videos from Monsanto cheerleaders to prove your point?

The problem is that this argument has become extremely black/white.
I think many of the people against monsanto would agree that genetic modification has the potential for good, but also a very strong potential for bad side effects. Testing gmo potatoes on a rat for two years doesn't mean it's necessarily safe for a lifetime of human consumption (especially when the rats get tumors/cancer) . The long term human trials are happening in the form of distributing these products to the public and then observing how health progresses over the decades.

You might enjoy being a guinea pig...but I don't.

Here's some more "fake" info you will blindly disregard...

e4c7ef722bc06a8705b5849d2b1531c3.jpg

image003.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...s--cause-organ-damage-early-death-humans.html

Sorry everyone for getting off topic...

Cannabologist

Veteran
Why don't you actually provide the long term clinical trials performed on humans and included in peer-reviewed scientific journals?...that's right...they don't exist.

Linking youtube videos from Monsanto cheerleaders to prove your point?

The problem is that this argument has become extremely black/white.
I think many of the people against monsanto would agree that genetic modification has the potential for good, but also a very strong potential for bad side effects. Testing gmo potatoes on a rat for two years doesn't mean it's necessarily safe for a lifetime of human consumption (especially when the rats get tumors/cancer) . The long term human trials are happening in the form of distributing these products to the public and then observing how health progresses over the decades.

You might enjoy being a guinea pig...but I don't.

Here's some more "fake" info you will blindly disregard...

View Image

View Image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...s--cause-organ-damage-early-death-humans.html

Sorry everyone for getting off topic...

Holy jesus christ.. they DO exist.. Why don't you watch the videos... Oh right.. Because they are loaded with facts that if you watched them, you might have to change your ridiculous religious beliefs about how science works. hm. :tiphat:

The problem is this argument is MOOT... And is ONLY dredged up by people who lack rudimentary bio and genetics 101.. High school bio and genetics 101.

Its funny how all the anti-gmo people claim all these negative side effects cept A... There is no logical, rational reason/mechanism for such side effect(s), B. they've never been found when it's investigated, and it HAS been investigated, C, no anti-gmo person can give any rational, logical, cogent reason or mechanism as to why a gmo product or food or whatever would have any side effects or be bad..

You know FOOD.. Everything you eat, has genes, and you break down these proteins and so on and... .. You need to watch those videos guy. Srs. Use your brain. You... Do have a brain. I assume you do, you're alive and typing to me on a computer...

WHY do people believe FAKE memes and graphics... GOD DAMNIT it's cause I killed harambe isn't it!

KONY!!!

UGH... You put SO MUCH TRUST into FAKE BULLSHIT... But REAL SCIENCE you won't even give the chance. It's total backwards crazy cakes!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Lets take it down a notch and define what is meant by GMO...

Since many people will label Selective Breeding results as "genetically modified", which imo is wrong.

To me, GMO applies only to plants like 'round-up ready' shit...or transgenic in other words.

It does not take a genius to realize that spraying round up like they do to keep the crops' field "clean" of invasive herbs is pretty lazy and not an elegant solution at all. The problem here being the excessive use of herbicides and the whole cross pollination issues that arise with the transgenic plants and their patents.

If we can't understand the basic differences and what gmo is and is not, and what are actual sources of proper information and what's not, we'll just keep being fooled by the monopoly of propaganda flying from both of the extremes selling you their political agendas in the form of "science".

budsicles

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
what has Monsanto and co done?

caused the mass extinction of the bee population with their poison. created masses of land over grown by super weeds where nothing else can be grown, caused a mass of suicide in Indian cotton farmers and caused the average EU citizens breast milk to be full of poison rests.

as for the 90 day rat studies, yes it says the study was 90 days, not nearly the full life of a rat.

as for the Seralini study, why is it that the control group didnt get the same tumors as the gmo fed ones, if they used rats bred to get cancer as you say?

GoatCheese

Veteran
as for the Seralini study, why is it that the control group didnt get the same tumors as the gmo fed ones, if they used rats bred to get cancer as you say?
Yea, but here's the kicker
..Monsanto apparently used the same strain of rats in their studies! LOL.
And like the article i posted earlier said, Seralini won his case in French court = His study is scientifically valid.

Criticism: Séralini used a type of rat naturally prone to tumours
http://www.gmoseralini.org/criticism-seralini-used-a-type-of-rat-naturally-prone-to-tumours/#REF_8

However, the SD rat is a standard choice for long-term (2-year +) studies for tumour-causing and carcinogenic effects by independent and industry-sponsored researchers.<sup>2</sup><sup></sup><sup>3</sup><sup>4</sup><sup>5</sup><sup>6</sup> The National Toxicology Program in the US uses the same SD rat from the same source as Séralini’s rats (Harlan) for its long-term 2-year carcinogenicity and toxicology studies.<sup>7</sup> None of these researchers or research programmes has been challenged over their use of SD rats.
[....]
In a newspaper interview, the Swiss scientist Dr Angelika Hilbeck of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology replied to the argument that Séralini chose a cancer-prone rat strain:

"This is an absurd argument. Séralini chose the same strain of rat as Monsanto. Do we really think that a substance should be tested on an animal that is not sensitive to it? With these defamations they wanted to distract us from the fact that Séralini used the same methodology as Monsanto. Because if you take Séralini seriously as a researcher, you have to take seriously his study and the comparison with Monsanto’s study. That would put into question Monsanto’s study and hence the approval of GM maize.”

Monsanto and other manufacturers of glyphosate, the main chemical ingredient of Roundup herbicide, used the SD rat in their two-year carcinogenicity and multigenerational reproductive toxicity studies that form the basis of the EU authorization of glyphosate.<sup>8 </sup><sup>9</sup>

:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
mmmm YEP! And, You're info is incorrect, not mine.

Here's the same info i posted. This is from the wiki-link you provided as proof. LOL
..you didn't read it? ..some researcher you are.

Lawsuit
In 2012 Séralini sued Marianne magazine and journalist Jean-Claude Jaillet for defamation after they accused him of fraud. The High Court of Paris ruled in Seralini's favor in 2015. The court said that the fraud allegation had first been made by Henry I. Miller in Forbes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9ralini_affair#Lawsuit

Here's what i posted earlier

Seralini’s team wins defamation and forgery court cases on GMO and pesticide research
http://www.gmoseralini.org/seralinis-team-wins-defamation-and-forgery-court-cases-on-gmo-and-pesticide-research/
"On 25 November 2015, the High Court of Paris indicted Marc Fellous, former chairman of France’s Biomolecular Engineering Commission, for “forgery” and “the use of forgery”, in a libel trial that he lost to Prof Gilles-Eric Séralini. The Biomolecular Engineering Commission has authorised many GM crops for consumption."

:tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
I wonder if patenting cannabis will work in the end cause i doubt that these patent holders will come out with a truly stable seed-line

..so i imagine they will mostly benefit from patenting a cutting and so also the products that can be made with it.

These patented strains are CBD-rich varieties, but the market is already full of cuts with many different THC/CBD ratios to chose from. So will people really pay extra money for a similar product just because this one is patented and the other one is not. I wouldn't.

But with "brown envelopes" and few secret handshakes these kind of patent holders can get into gov programs with these patented varieties, and then the gov cronies can help these people to create a "monopoly".

Long live home growers and care-givers. Fuk these patent hoarding money grabbers!

:)

oldchuck

Veteran
I find it passing strange that a guy with only 170 posts should have been a member here since 2009. A quick review of his posts on other topics (rather few) shows him to be adversarial and insulting almost across the board. He should be banned as the troll he clearly is.

dddaver

Veteran
I find it passing strange that a guy with only 170 posts should have been a member here since 2009. A quick review of his posts on other topics (rather few) shows him to be adversarial and insulting almost across the board. He should be banned as the troll he clearly is.

Anybody who writes 20 paragraphs per post and quotes 10 other posts just to argue, or types every passing whim he thinks about, might have a low post count. Argumentative elsewhere? Who, him? Why, color me surprised.

Cannabologist

Veteran

OMG RETRACTED STUDIES

FAKE

STUDIES

FRAUDULENT

DATA..

Reality... Ugh... Nope.. LOL... COmeon canna.. you're talking to planes are holograms 9/11 guy :laughing:

ROFL @ "quoting facts, writing up posts, is wrong" yes how dare I prove someone is wrong and lying! oh well! then stop being wrong, and lying! oops! Its that simple. Stop doing that!

Anyone who thinks gmos are bad, or cause side effects, or monsanto is evil... IS a straight up lunatic and moron. Get a clue.

Wasting wasting wasting! Wasting all the time!... Yep I don't waste all my time on the net with nonsense.. I do this thing called READING and research, you know, its why I KNOW things ;-D lol.. omg this guy

and some of the rest of you... SO much information out there... SO SO SO much.. ITS RIGHT THERE!! HOURS FOR YOU TO BECOME A DAMN GENIUS!!

christ.

where do we find these placebos?
maybe there are some in this truck??

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs7Y2nGwfz4G1O2YXxVcOg1xzr3mAdtOq

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs7Y2nGwfz4FTRNTqcwfiqDh_FVubpxHq

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCrc2cngJ_ZqpR0UDHWxnuPMG0GJhG0zv

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbHAOYGgHw_wqZQeHyhcRildfR2C-SZdx

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1ItGwL8u08K6aDty-Py9aIUlbUTLiiXw

Wellp that's about a month or 2's worth of stuff for ya'll to go over and catch up on before you open your heads and think you want to present what you think you know, which is wrong, about.. Well, biology... Go watch all that stuff and in a month or 2 come back to me and tell me NO FUCK YOU CANNA B DERP again ;-D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts