What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DEA makes CBD Schedule 1

G.O. Joe

Veteran
BHO has always been scheduled. This as it's written now has nothing to do with CBD, and synthetic CBD remains unscheduled at the federal level for now.

Meaning an extract containing one or more cannabinoids that has been derived from any plant of the genus Cannabis, other than the separated resin (whether crude or purified) obtained from the plant.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
CBD wasn't legal yesterday, today it is the same but more regulated.

today's change is about how the future regulated market will be controlled regarding imports and exports.

when big Gov gets all its ducks lined up federal regulation Trumps states rights and we are going to get taxed big time.

BHO has always been scheduled. This as it's written now has nothing to do with CBD, and synthetic CBD remains unscheduled at the federal level for now.

Meaning an extract containing one or more cannabinoids that has been derived from any plant of the genus Cannabis, other than the separated resin (whether crude or purified) obtained from the plant.

Thanks for clearing that up it's very confusing

Betterhaff

Veteran
It is not the role of the DEA to make law which is in a sense what they just did. Their duty is to enforce the law. I would venture to guess this new rule they have defined is not legal. (Ha, try and tell them that.)

So they didn't make synthetic a schedule 1 and it can still be sold interstate? Seeing as most growers wouldn't duck with synthetic shit, it seems to me that they just allowed big pharma to control CBD sales to the masses. So fucked up!!!

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The extra paragraph does nothing but create a subcategory, unless the wording and stated intent is heavily abused somehow by the new administration and judges. Treaty obligations are blamed. Yes sir Mr. UN uh hm.

It's always been illegal to make or take BHO and transport it across state lines or through the mail. Nothing is changed except that those who are to legally handle these extracts will need a new permit.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This cannabis scheduling game that the DEA is playing is so ridiculous and ignorant, it leaves me shaking my head and I am left speechless.