What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bayer Monsanto Merger Will Steal The Marijuana Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipnot

Who thinks that these companies that have filed over 40 patents, so far, concerning cannabis products & use aren't trying to destroy the industry as we currently know it?

Monsanto, Bayer, Syngenta, GW Pharma, etc., are all in bed together. They cooperate with one another as much as they keep secrets from each other.

Do yall see the dividing lines these very subjects are creating within what was once a very tight knit community?
I think not!

Do you think these lines are intentionally set by those in power?
I do.

For those of you thatcare willing to search more about the subject I'd like to suggest by watching a few videos:
The World According to Monsanto
The Future of Food
Food INC.

Those of you arguing without researching are going to be cornered by those that you allow to make decisions for you!

The marijuana industry has been fucked up a long time ago.. Lets see poly x poly x poly x poly ???? think about it with so many breeders , breeding like rabbits with the ease of getting seeds via mail internet being available almost in places un heard of the battle has been lost long time ago ..
many if almost all are cross contaminated these days and the very few land races are stable ..
But not for long right i mean when ever man touches something its soon to be a disaster .

And as usual already looking for someone to take the blame Monsanto in this case

POLITICAL STATEMENTS REMOVED > READ THE FORUM GUIDELINES.

Remember something really important,, Privacy is not a right but a privilege and why they have no problem taking it away from you

Last edited by a moderator:

Slipnot

Truth is Monsanto is another company that has done bad in the past but also has done good. you cannot deny it . like most companies including your electrical companies why not go after the nuclear grid look at the amount of waste sites, or why not go after the mining industry, pharma ???
Ask your self why Monsanto because of the Bee apocalypse scare * which was BS another CNN , or FOX headline or smear campaign ..

Everyone screams monsanto .. Why not go after the fem breeders of marijuana.. there sure not doing anything good for marijuana but making it not natural like everyone has been brain washed in thinking .
haha its rather funny when you think about that one lets see a land race strain growing in the wild thousands of them growing and all the males just up'd and died lol

Nope Sorry mans involvement

Bottom line is this imagine being able to grow a nice GMO strain and not have to worry about drought , insects and most importantly MOLD

fuck yeah its a no brainier wouldn't you think . specially with the latest LIE about global warming, bu the world is changing with disasters daily on the news from Earthquakes to floods to you name it its hitting us harder then ever

The economy the way it is and most importantly the farm land being lost every minute in the world

let alone species of animals going extinct and were worried about Monsanto

Were so fucking pathetic

we need to adabt faster then evolution is working in order to survive

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Bottom line is this imagine being able to grow a nice GMO strain and not have to worry about drought , insects and most importantly MOLD
LOL if you worry about drought insects and mold, maybe you suck at growing. My farm is organic, non-GMO, and i have none of those problems

Monsanto has been debunked thousands of times They have the terminator gene well USA has Nukes does it mean they use it in every conflict ..

72c2f9ad16705831845ca3109c7da0c3db91a1ccfdbf2116217ac1d13f1956af.jpg

bigAl25

Veteran
Buy a light, some organic soil, a timer and seeds. Grow your own stuff for yourself. Problem and issue is solved. They will never eliminate this and the thousands like us will keep on keeping on. Fuck Monsanto, but they will never eliminate the good shit we can grow.

Slipnot

I have no problems i assure you although this year was devastating for my MJ crops out door due to mother nature 2 feet of snow and sub zero temps 2nd week of Oct ,
4th week in

But such is the game playing in outdoor , Your at mother natures mercy even with organics :) i grow both organic and GMO
But i assure you i had a stellar year with GMO seeds that is where the money is :) specially in real farming these days

What's great about it is i even spent less time on the fields you know spraying herbicides and pesticides . and most importantly fertilizers Yup i use less .
Contaminating ground water nutrient leaching so who is the real winner here i know in just 3 years i was able to buy a Zr1 you know that 140,000 vette :) paid n full from savings from added field sprays of both herbicides and pest as well as nutrients

Zoom Zoom now that i need to spend less time on the fields i can get back to doing fun things :) and finish old projects like this 270 mpg in 1/4 mile 4 second ride ..:thank you:

I am living the dream once again

Attachments

• IMG4331.jpg
    IMG4331.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG2820.jpg
    IMG2820.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 63  tubbed.jpg
    63 tubbed.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 15
  • bbig HP.jpg
    bbig HP.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 13

Betterhaff

Veteran
...fuck yeah its a no brainier wouldn't you think . specially with the latest LIE about global warming, bu the world is changing with disasters daily on the news from Earthquakes to floods to you name it its hitting us harder then ever
Or maybe it’s because we see it minutes after it happens. Today we live in the instant information age. A lot of these events have been happening for a long, long time.

Shit is happening though regarding some man made interventions. Just recently read about pollution from India and China getting caught up in the updrafts from the high steppe and is being deposited in the stratosphere from which it can be transported on a global scale, deteriorating the ozone layer. New research though so the jury’s still out.

Slipnot

we sit here and bitch about Monsanto , when we jump into our SUV gas guzzlers to drive to work lol kinda funny ..

I will say this again MJ is not a valuable product its just a weed if Monsanto decided to get into this game its going to be for the more valuable commodity which will be HEMP

Bayer and pharma companies dealing with marijuana

You can make way more money with hemp then MJ from fuels to home building

Hemp can be grown as a renewable source for raw materials that can be incorporated into thousands of products. Its seeds and flowers are used in health foods, organic body care, and other nutraceuticals. Hemp fibers and stalks are used in clothing, construction materials, paper, biofuel, plastic composites, and more.
And that is where the money is not just getting high or medical properties of MJ

i dare anyone to just eat marijana for 6 months only mj see how healthy you really are you be almost dead

why do you think its been illegal for so long yup corporate lumber companies and others fought paid off people to not make it happen

just think with hemp what happens to these companies values

Hemp is going to change the world not MJ for christ sakes for as many people smoking mj regularly compared to non smokers seriously ..

Save a tree and grow a hemp plant :)

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I have no problems i assure you although this year was devastating for my MJ crops out door due to mother nature 2 feet of snow and sub zero temps 2nd week of Oct ,
4th week in

But such is the game playing in outdoor , Your at mother natures mercy even with organics :)
My outdoor plants were mostly finished by the 2nd week of oct.

maybe you should grow earlier strains. or grow in a better climate. dont' blame mother nature

we sit here and bitch about Monsanto , when we jump into our SUV gas guzzlers to drive to work lol kinda funny ..
generalize much?

I will say this again MJ is not a valuable product its just a weed
cannabinoids and cannabis-specific terpenes are very valuable

i dare anyone to just eat marijana for 6 months only mj see how healthy you really are you be almost dead
that is an absurd statement.

you are definitely one of my favorite new characters on icmag.

cheers!

Slipnot

My outdoor plants were mostly finished by the 2nd week of oct.

maybe you should grow earlier strains. or grow in a better climate. dont' blame mother nature

generalize much?

cannabinoids and cannabis-specific terpenes are very valuable

that is an absurd statement.

you are definitely one of my favorite new characters on icmag.

cheers!

I am still in search of the strain that finishes naturally with out light dep but no matter what were always at the mercy of mother nature where ever a person lives look at mendo 420's plants folded over lately ??? from hurricane winds ??

i grow very close to the 60 parallel north , I get them big. its the finishing part.
last year i harvested mid Nov cherry pie it did well for a low yielding strain i got 3.5 of good buds and another 1.5 of B grade

Your lucky being in a legal state up here its still illegal ,so i run low plant counts 6 and under they got stiff fines and mandatory jail times up here when you start getting into plant counts

I did it years ago but again as you get older your neck gets sore looking over your shoulder .
And specially owning couple million dollar farm getting caught is far from a good idea, you can very well lose,your property.

So it is what it is maybe once its legal i will dedicate 10 or even 20 acres and start one stupid huge grow :) in the mean time i will still search for that strain that finishes see in sept i am still at 14 hrs of light in june 18.5 hrs of light where in cali there @ 14.5 and slowly going down in hrs.

my plants do not start flowering naturally till mid sept haha no worries i grow 13+ tall plants and easy 15 wide its the fucking finishing

So in the mean time i will grow a few in my greenhouse and put yet again a couple in my new garden beds i made this year out back 20 yards of top soil with amendments etc but will make a light dep cover so they do finish by oct 1st

But i hope one day to do a legal grow and i will rock the world on 20 acres :) :laughing: or even 100

Your lucky you get to grow in a legal state were not so lucky yet but one day that is when i just might really invest and put up some serious greenhouses until then grow small and grow on

Attachments

• IMG4212.jpg
    IMG4212.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG4311.jpg
    IMG4311.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG4282.jpg
    IMG4282.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG4304.jpg
    IMG4304.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 11

Slipnot

Next year is 4 plant out door an 2 in green house 1 plant in each of the garden beds i posted above and 2 in this one that took 25 yards of amended soils irrigation lines are in it fully my farm is right behind tree line 150 hectares
shitty have the land but anything over 6 plants is bad news if caught

Attachments

• IMG4219.jpg
    IMG4219.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 12

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Slipnot,

You seem to misunderstand the concern about GM crops. Actually, your misunderstanding is quite apparent.
You don't seem to understand the implications behind consumption of GMOs & how they affect individual health. That or you don't care...
I'm wondering which it is?

Do you not understand or do you not care?
Because to me, it sounds like the ONLY thing you care about is YOUR bottom line.

Every living thing in a given ecosystem is put at risk when folks like you use pesticides & herbicides (aka BIOCIDES BIO=LIFE CIDE=KILLER) to take the place of the one thing you were given by birth, LABOR!

I've still got plants in the ground because they start flowering late. But most of my crop is in due to it finishing early enough.
If you want plants that finish early enough that you dont loose it, try using Canadian breeders gear or stuff breed in the outdoors in Northern Europe.

Most Cannabis plants I've seen grown OD start flowering aroud 14-15 hrs daylight & 9-10 hrs night.
Maybe you're using too much N & delaying flower.

YetiOG

Alot of fear about people taking over the industry. Bud sells more beer than anyone but its not like they have a monopoly.

Lets face it these big companies wont be producing connoisseur gold it will be shit. Do you really feel threatened? If your customers are zombies and want to buy crap let them, and step up your game and find some loyal customers.

Craft brewers are everywhere. Craft cannabis will thrive too.

So much big company paranoia. Everyone complains shit costs too much, solution= big companies that mass produce. Duh... cant ever make humans happy.

Some of the "crimes against humanity" posted on the first page are mass producing herion... whoppee... its a opiate a very helpful painkiller actually. Gosh the ignorance of people... i appreciate phama companies, while they arent in love with us they provide a much needed service. My diabetic buddy would die, id kill myself without opiates (pain)

Everyones entitled to their own oppinion but ease up on the paranoia. I read the entire first page and not one person questions how much of a impact a bayer monsanto merger would actually have. Have they said they want to own dope? Ive seen countless posts saying they want to tm clones and this and that... paranoia all of it. You want cheap, consistant comvenient products you are used to, live with the fact big companies exsist, internet paranoia wont make them go away and in reality they deserve to exsist as much as a small company (though should be taxed the same or more)

Wierd topic. Really...

YetiOG

Slipnot,

You seem to misunderstand the concern about GM crops. Actually, your misunderstanding is quite apparent.
You don't seem to understand the implications behind consumption of GMOs & how they affect individual health. That or you don't care...
I'm wondering which it is?

Do you not understand or do you not care?
Because to me, it sounds like the ONLY thing you care about is YOUR bottom line.

Every living thing in a given ecosystem is put at risk when folks like you use pesticides & herbicides (aka BIOCIDES BIO=LIFE CIDE=KILLER) to take the place of the one thing you were given by birth, LABOR!

I've still got plants in the ground because they start flowering late. But most of my crop is in due to it finishing early enough.
If you want plants that finish early enough that you dont loose it, try using Canadian breeders gear or stuff breed in the outdoors in Northern Europe.

Most Cannabis plants I've seen grown OD start flowering aroud 14-15 hrs daylight & 9-10 hrs night.
Maybe you're using too much N & delaying flower.

I dont understand pesticides relation to gmo?

Theres tons of gmo that does zero harm. Tons of corn grow in europe is gmo now. They are foing fine.

Anyway if you have to attack gmo attack gmo dont go on to smokescreen with stuff about pesticides. They arent related. Gmo stands for genetically moddified nothing to do with herbicide or pesticides in there.

stim

gmo and pesticides relation is that duh Monsanto created gmo so only round up can be used on it legally. gmo are seeds that don't reproduce so you must buy more every crop and can only spray round up on them there is no problem its a monopoly scam sheesh. Monsanto could never grow all the herb we need chill out everybody & think of the massive weed grow needed to "fuck us all over" LOL it would never work

Betterhaff

Veteran
Anyway if you have to attack gmo attack gmo dont go on to smokescreen with stuff about pesticides. They arent related. Gmo stands for genetically moddified nothing to do with herbicide or pesticides in there.
I think your facts are off a bit. Genetically engineered soybeans to be resistant to glyphosate definitely has something to do with herbicides.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
article mentions that advanced nutrients is banned from Max yield trade shows...seemingly linking monsanto and AN, but then a couple paragraphs later...owner of AN is talking shit about MonsantoBayer? what gives?

geneva_sativa

Hindsight is 20/20. . . that is, if you are somewhat intelligent to begin with.

what will we be saying in 20 or 50 years from now ?

Will we still be force fed government and corporate lies and believe them as if they were our friends and benefactors ?

Truth is that there are countless products that are deemed safe by our governments that are very harmful to peoples health, why is that ?

" money, honey. . . if you wanna get along with me "

armedoldhippy

Veteran
gmo and pesticides relation is that duh Monsanto created gmo so only round up can be used on it legally. gmo are seeds that don't reproduce so you must buy more every crop and can only spray round up on them there is no problem its a monopoly scam sheesh. Monsanto could never grow all the herb we need chill out everybody & think of the massive weed grow needed to "fuck us all over" LOL it would never work

no, you can legally spray ANY herbicide/pesticide on them (to the best of my knowledge), but they are bred to be immune to Roundup. if you use a different herbicide, you forfeit any possibility of damages from Monsanto if your corn dies. kind of like replacing the oil in your car with salt water; you can do it, but they are not going to honor the warranty. if the plants were sterile, then the pollen would not breed/contaminate other plants downwind, correct? but we know that is not true. there have been court fights over farmers using crossbred seeds due to pollen drift. those fights were, in my opinion, found wrongly in Monsantos favor. they need to appeal & get the fight in front of a more intelligent judge, or get Congress to re-write the law to prevent such miscarriages of justice.

GuyManDude

Monsanto has been debunked thousands of times They have the terminator gene well USA has Nukes does it mean they use it in every conflict ..
Monsanto for the bad they have done they also have done good

You got to remember one thing sure they made agent orange ( a Contractor given the recipe from the Government ) but there bad.. what about the other companies like Syngenta , or Bayer ??? not much shit spamming on them.

But there just as Guilty , lets break this all down we take 2 polar opposites breed them which would never meet in the wild is this not some sort of genetic modifying in a sense of course it is.
We introduced to strains that would never meet naturally well maybe in another 100 billion years when plated might collide to each other,

Only thing different is these companies work with bacteria cultures and bacteria splicing etc sure its not thinkable in our eyes

but it also happens naturally in a sense bacteria or insect that is a carrier of a disease bites you ??? or infects a plant ???

But like most people believe what there told from Cnn or fox news so it must be true right ????

Wrongs its propaganda plain n simple and your the disease spreading it

With more n more farm land being lost daily due to natural causes Farmers retiring faster then farmers coming in economy so bad that banks do not even look at you if you wanted to buy into a farm ??? and the ones that do ?? Fail miserably, and are bankrupt with in a few years.

And everyone thinks Monsanto is bad Give it a rest already now one mentions hey guess what i do not need to spray poisons as much as i used to. less nutrient leaching contaminating our drinking waters etc they have made a huge impact in the farming industry.
farmers are making more profiting more keeping prices down in the markets etc for you
But you got to shit on the farmers using GMO seeds

Like i said before personally Monsanto gives a shit about marijuana plants there interests i think would be in the hemp industry million times more valuable and sustainable

Todays Fruits and vegetables have been modified don't kid your self

some old banana's and Watermelons have they been modified since 17th century ????

cannabis was first made illegal because it was preventing big corporations from capitalizing on paper being made from wood pulp. What do you think is going to happen now that big pharma is involved? stop putting your head in the sand and giving excuses for them. The government says it's ok for kids to be prescribed heroin (oxycontin). Do you honestly think they're going to make it legal for mom and pop shops to grow and sell cannabis? The will everything they can to give the licensing to those who line politicians pockets and that's what corporations do. We have to make a stand

Cur

cannabis was first made illegal because it was preventing big corporations from capitalizing on paper being made from wood pulp. What do you think is going to happen now that big pharma is involved? stop putting your head in the sand and giving excuses for them. The government says it's ok for kids to be prescribed heroin (oxycontin). Do you honestly think they're going to make it legal for mom and pop shops to grow and sell cannabis? The will everything they can to give the licensing to those who line politicians pockets and that's what corporations do. We have to make a stand

Guys... It saddens me to see this sort of mis-informed and un-informed talk here. Counter-propoganda propaganda is STILL propaganda. The truth is damning enough.

Cannabis was first made illegal in order to make marijuana (the dried flower) illegal so that it would discourage immigration from Mexico and because it was thought to give an edge to black workers in the early 20th century. Hell, it wasn't even actually made illegal, it was made illegal to own without a tax stamp. The problem was, someone had to have marijuana in order to apply for the tax stamp. Bingo, violation of the law and you're in jail. That was overturned because it violated the fifth amendment protection against self-incrimination.

It wasn't until the 60's when it was actually made illegal, being placed on the controlled substances act. That was so the government could crack down on anti-war protestors and agitators who otherwise were not technically doing anything illegal.

Like I said, the truth is more damning that "big corporations." It's state-sanctioned racism and anti-counterculture.

About GMO's... to say it's best for weed to remain illegal so that Monsato doesn't swoop in is ridiculous. You can still grow your own marijuana in all the states that have legal recreational marijuana laws with the notable exception of Washington state. In addition, Monsato can't keep you from being a regional player. They can pressure, cajole, etc. but they can only go so far. To say they purposefully place their GMO crops next to other crops in order to cross-pollinate is a fallacy that comes from a case in Canada whereby a farmer was saving seed from his own fully heirloom variety which--over the course of 10+ years--was unintentionally pollinated by another farmer's crops (not a corporate conspiracy of purposeful placement) and when Monsato heard of it yes, they sued and they won, but they received a grand total of $0 dollars in damages. That case also led to a HUGE kickback and banning of all GMO wheat to a multitude of countries, and class action lawsuits against Monsato because the fact of the matter is, on open-polinated crops it is impossible to guarantee they won't cross. To claim this was good for them is just plain false, when--again--the truth is bad enough.

To be honest--and I apologize if I am off base--it sounds more like you'd prefer marijuana to remain illegal so that you and people like you can continue to make money, which is just as bad as Monsato saying they want it to become legal so that they and companies like them can make money. Why are we discussing money-making opportunities when people's very lives hang in the balance?

GMO crops aren't necessarily bad or evil. They're not great, and they are very very corporate, but GMO crops have not once been linked to any adverse health issues. It's not just GMO crops that can be bad for someone, either. It's big farm culture, mono-cropping, and lack of sustainable farming practices. I'd strongly suggest anyone interested in GMO-Monsato and how that affects agriculture (not just Cannabis Ag, but all Agriculture) read the books "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" and "Omnivore's Dilemma".

As far as Bayer being evil because they created chemical weapons, marketed heroine, and helped Hitler... it's a german company. They created chemical weapons in WWI. They marketed Heroine--which was used as the only real pain killer post-WWI--to help injured veterans. And yes, they helped Hitler. So did Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Henry Ford, Mr. Carnagie, Switzerland, France, parts of the Netherlands, most of Scandinavia... my point is this: the holocaust was terrible. I've visited Dachau and Auschwitz. I've toured the Anne Franke house. I've lived in Germany for 3 years of my 29 years on this Earth. But if we shut down every company, country, or companies ran by people who helped Hitler in some way, the world would be a much, much different place. To boycott Bayer in 2016 because of Bayer in the 1930's is as ridiculous as taking the stance of cutting off diplomatic ties with most of Europe for the same reason. It's a straw-man argument than has absolutely NOTHING to do with legal cannabis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.