What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

growers secret?

gregor_mendel

"Patented Mushroom Technology"

I've had a rough week, and this made me smile:

Organic Plant Growth Enhancer

Grower's Secret Professional (GSP) is a highly concentrated organic plant growth enhancer made with patented mushroom technology that works to speed the delivery and uptake of nutrients and water.

Use in combination with plant nutrients to enhance root and plant growth and to increase yield.

OMRI-approved for organic food, fiber production, ornamental landscape plants and turf
Patented Mushroom technology
Non-polluting, will not harm water supply
Suitable for use in organic farming

G

Guest 18340

Wonder if it's Shiitake or Magic mushrooms? Must be the Magic kind, lol. Sorry, just couldn't resist...:biggrin:

cyat

Veteran
greenwithenvy, how much does the whole lineup cost, and hows it working for you?

greenwithenvy

Veteran
One of everything is $286.10 with no discount out the door. We got a bad batch of Energize and when I added the whole line to my rez it foamed out of control. This shit was everywhere. I had to empty the whole thing and Go back to using DM for a little bit. I am sending back the bad stuff and there sending us the good. As soon as we get the good Energize ill be back at it again. Ill be sure to post the whole test here in this thread. We can ship this also if you want to try it. We are selling the whole line as a test for $175 plus shipping. Im still pumped to try this even though it got crazy for a minute. This was the 1st time Grower's Secret had heard of this and there products are in alot of stores already. Im sending all the bottles I used back so they can test them out. Ill keep ya posted on whats going on.

picture.php

picture.php

supermanlives

Veteran
superjive also has a tiny amount of NAA.that reminds me of the time i put way too much soap in the washer. damn man

anchient

i superthrive just once when transplanting [outside grower] it helps against shock. and i use it with ferts at same time.

Last edited:

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Ok I got back the new "fresh" nutes and once again foamed like crazy. I was told to add it in slow and not run the stones. Well I did and this stuff went foam wild without any air stones going. It foamed in the rez so much that I left it for 2 days like that hoping that it would slow up enough to run the stones but NOPE. Also this stuff is a mess in Hydro. So im now waiting again. This sucks.

PS. Our soil growers love it.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Sorry GS I will not be using this in my hydro system. But I will keep this tread going with the 2 Air Pots Ill be using. I have them in Royal Gold Mendo Mix and I will be using the whole line in this grow.

picture.php

beerad102

i got a sample 1 oz bottle from my buddy at the hydro store. He knows i prefer organics so he thought I'd like to try it. I added it to my teas half way through last bloom cycle. My teas were nice and frothy like I like. Supposed to increase nutrient uptake and they advise foliar feeding on the website. I spray with it once a week. Cannot say I have seen huge difference. I'd say its a nice organic alternative to the GO floralicious additive that is like 1tsp per 5gal. Looking at those foamy res pics in the thread and my teas last run, I'd think there is a wetting agent in there; the teas foamed up good like I was adding Earth Juice assist or yucca extract to them. That's what I have noted upon use of the sample. I am saving my last sample bottle for usage on my next complete organic run with my teas and foliar up until 2weeks flower.

Granger2

Veteran
A grow shop guy I know who brews all the time recommended against grower's secret products for teas because of foaming. I told him I'm used to dealing with heads on teas, and he said, "Not like this. It's like on 'I Love Lucy.'" Good luck. -granger

greenwithenvy

Veteran
picture.php

So ive been having a hard time getting these guys to get going. I cut back the nutes to 1/2 and started every other watering using 1 tsp per gal of Gen Organics CaMg and RO only. Im using Royal Golds Mendo Mix and its heavily amended. I put them in there final home as well. A 10 Gallon Air-Pot. They will be in veg another 40+ days anyway.

Harry Nugget

i have tried mendo mix indoor and had to learn some tricks to using it. i found it sometimes can be too strong and hold the water too long for rooted cutting or seedling for me. Transplanting a established plant into it and being patient with letting it dry out after the first watering definately worked. I supplemented with calcium and mag and fertilized every second to third watering....... harvest was very tasty.