What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

questionaire. test your growing skills.

I had to fill out this questionaire and thought it would be good to post it here. I dont grow hydro so i didnt k.ow some of the answers. I know everyone grows differently so I thought id see what ya'll have to say. All multiple choice Cheers guys!

Question #1: How many watts should you use per square foot for maximum plant growth? Under 25 watts

25-40 watts

40-50 watts

Question #2: How many inches should stationary lights be above the plants? 24-36"

12-23"

1-11"

Question #3: How many hours of light are required for the vegetative stage of plant growth? 18 to 24

12 to 14

Less than 12

Question #4: What is the optimal daytime temperature? 70 - 75°F

85 - 90°F

75 - 80°F

Question #5: What is the optimal nighttime temperature? 70 - 75°F

85 - 90°F

75 - 80°F

Question #6: What is an optimal reservoir temperature? 50 - 60°F

70 - 80°F

60 - 70°F

Question #7: What is the common method used to cool the temperature of the nutrient solution ? Ice

Freon gas

Reservoir chiller

Question #8: What is the common method used to heat the nutrient solution? Boiling water

Aquarium heater

Electromagnetic radiation

Question #9: What range of PH levels should be maintained in soiless/hydroponic solutions? 5.8 - 6.2

6.2 - 6.7

6.8 - 7.2

Question #10: What range should I maintain my TDS (total dissolved solids/salts) of the nutrient solution ? 1000 - 1200ppm

1200 - 1400ppm

1400 - 1600ppm

Question #11: What is the most practical way of controlling odors created by medical marijuana cultivation? Activated Charcoal Filter

Negative Ion Generator

Ozone Generator

Incense

Question #12: What are the growth characteristics of Cannabis Indica? Tall, branchy, light green, pinnate/thin leaves and late maturation times

Short, bushy, dark green, wide leaves and early maturation times

Ranging in size, colour, branching pattern and maturation times

Question #13: What are the growth characteristics of Cannabis Sativa? Ranging in size, colour, branching pattern and maturation times

Tall, branchy, light green, pinnate/thin leaves and late maturation times

Question #14: When would a patient NOT require a Sativa to medicate? Appetite stimulation

Depression relief

Insomnia

Question #15: When would a patient NOT require an Indica to medicate? Pain and nausea management

Stimulation / motivation

Muscle spasms / tremors

Question #16: What is the desired rooting temperature for cuttings? Above 85°F

Between 80 - 85°F

10°F, below air temperature

Question #17: What is NOT a desired medium for rooting cuttings? Rockwool

Potting soil

Peat pellet

Fine Vermiculite

Question #18: What type of lighting is best used for propagating cutting? LED (Light Emitting Diode)

HID ( High Intensity Discharge - Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium )

Incandecent

Flourescent

Question #19: What does the K in N-P-K stand for? Potassium

Nitrogen

Phosphorous

Question #20: Why is it important to do a regular flush of PH balanced water through your growing medium? So plants don't get dehydrated

To rinse toxic build up of undissolved salts

For nutrient uptake

Question #21: How much water would you use when flushing your growing medium? 1 gallon of water for every 1 gallon of medium

1 litre of water for every 1 gallon of medium

Run enough water until saturation and runoff is achieved

Question #22: After your flush, how dry should the medium be before commencing feeding program ? 50%

70%

25%

Question #23: Pear shaped insects, approximately 1/16-3/8 inch long. They come in many colours including white, green, pink, red, yellow and black, have a life-cycle of 7-10 days and feed on plant juices. Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #24: Tiny black flies that hover near the planting medium. They feed on dead organic matter, their larvae attract diseases and should be eliminated. Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #25: Microscopic pests that are found on the underside of leaves. They extract fluids vital to your plants’ survival, leaving noticeable traces of yellowish white spots, known as stippling, on the topsides of the leaves. Further inspection of your plants should reveal tiny webs on stems and leaves. Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #26: Parasites that feed on leaves, leaving behind a trail of damaged plant tissue and fecal matter. They are so small they can be barely seen, so you are more likely to notice their trails. They have a life cycle of 7-10 days and can lay between 200 - 250 eggs, so their population increases quickly. Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #27: Pests about 1/32” in size, which are easily seen fluttering about infested vegetation, slowing plant growth and attracting disease. Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #28: When experiencing pest infestations, what product would NOT be effective in treating it? Neem Oil

Pyrethrum

Sulpher

Insecticidal Soap

B1

Question #29: When experiencing powdery mildew symptoms, what product would NOT be effective in treating it? Potassium

Pyrethrum

Sulpher

Copper

Calcium Carbonate (Lime)

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I had to fill out this questionaire and thought it would be good to post it here. I dont grow hydro so i didnt k.ow some of the answers. I know everyone grows differently so I thought id see what ya'll have to say. All multiple choice Cheers guys!

Question #1: How many watts should you use per square foot for maximum plant growth?

Under 25 watts

25-40 watts

40-50 watts

Question #2: How many inches should stationary lights be above the plants?

24-36"

12-23"

1-11"

Question #3: How many hours of light are required for the vegetative stage of plant growth?

18 to 24

12 to 14

Less than 12

Question #4: What is the optimal daytime temperature?

70 - 75°F

85 - 90°F

75 - 80°F (I know that many would argue, but I find 75 - 85°F best)

Question #5: What is the optimal nighttime temperature?
70 - 75°F

85 - 90°F

75 - 80°F

Question #6: What is an optimal reservoir temperature?
50 - 60°F

70 - 80°F

60 - 70°F

Question #7: What is the common method used to cool the temperature of the nutrient solution ?
Ice

Freon gas

Reservoir chiller

Question #8: What is the common method used to heat the nutrient solution?
Boiling water

Aquarium heater

Electromagnetic radiation

Question #9: What range of PH levels should be maintained in soiless/hydroponic solutions?
5.8 - 6.2

6.2 - 6.7

6.8 - 7.2

Question #10: What range should I maintain my TDS (total dissolved solids/salts) of the nutrient solution ?
1000 - 1200ppm

1200 - 1400ppm

1400 - 1600ppm

Question #11: What is the most practical way of controlling odors created by medical marijuana cultivation?
Activated Charcoal Filter

Negative Ion Generator

Ozone Generator

Incense

Question #12: What are the growth characteristics of Cannabis Indica?

Question #13: What are the growth characteristics of Cannabis Sativa?

Question #14: When would a patient NOT require a Sativa to medicate?
Appetite stimulation

Depression relief

Insomnia

Question #15: When would a patient NOT require an Indica to medicate?
Pain and nausea management

Stimulation / motivation

Muscle spasms / tremors

Question #16: What is the desired rooting temperature for cuttings?
Above 85°F

Between 80 - 85°F

10°F, below air temperature

Question #17: What is NOT a desired medium for rooting cuttings?
Rockwool

Potting soil

Peat pellet

Fine Vermiculite

I have used all the above with acceptable success.

Question #18: What type of lighting is best used for propagating cutting?
LED (Light Emitting Diode)

HID ( High Intensity Discharge - Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium )

Incandecent

Flourescent

Question #19: What does the K in N-P-K stand for?
Potassium

Nitrogen

Phosphorous

Question #20: Why is it important to do a regular flush of PH balanced water through your growing medium?
So plants don't get dehydrated

To rinse toxic build up of undissolved salts (however I never flush except 1-1/2 week prior to harvest.)

For nutrient uptake

Question #21: How much water would you use when flushing your growing medium?
1 gallon of water for every 1 gallon of medium

1 litre of water for every 1 gallon of medium

Question #22: After your flush, how dry should the medium be before commencing feeding program ?
50%

70%

25%

Question #23: Pear shaped insects, approximately 1/16-3/8 inch long. They come in many colours including white, green, pink, red, yellow and black, have a life-cycle of 7-10 days and feed on plant juices.
Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #24: Tiny black flies that hover near the planting medium. They feed on dead organic matter, their larvae attract diseases and should be eliminated.
Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #25: Microscopic pests that are found on the underside of leaves. They extract fluids vital to your plants’ survival, leaving noticeable traces of yellowish white spots, known as stippling, on the topsides of the leaves. Further inspection of your plants should reveal tiny webs on stems and leaves.
Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #26: Parasites that feed on leaves, leaving behind a trail of damaged plant tissue and fecal matter. They are so small they can be barely seen, so you are more likely to notice their trails. They have a life cycle of 7-10 days and can lay between 200 - 250 eggs, so their population increases quickly. Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #27: Pests about 1/32” in size, which are easily seen fluttering about infested vegetation, slowing plant growth and attracting disease.
Spidermite

Thrip

Aphid

Whitefly

Fungus Gnat

Question #28: When experiencing pest infestations, what product would NOT be effective in treating it?
Neem Oil

Pyrethrum

Sulpher

Insecticidal Soap

B1

Question #29: When experiencing powdery mildew symptoms, what product would NOT be effective in treating it?
Potassium

Pyrethrum

Sulpher

Copper

Calcium Carbonate (Lime)
:jump:

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
It's just a freaking plant...don't over complicate the growing of it.

Ok guys i was asking to see if anyone wanted to take a stab at it not critisize it.

And its not just a plant when youre using it as medication.

I thought I posted my answers must have copied and pasted the wrong one. I will post it when i get home.

Thanks stress test.

T

Tarus Bulbar

Hey northernkush! was that a questionnaire to become a medical grower??

I have the feeln its from a website I have come across in the past!

Cheers bro

Greenadain it sure is. But its multiple choice and i know some of the questions are growers preference so thats why I asked for others opinions

LivingCanvas

Question #1: How many watts should you use per square foot for maximum plant growth?

40-50 watts/ ft^2

Question #2: How many inches should stationary lights be above the plants?

I use LED/CFL/T5 so anywhere from 3-6inches from canopy for me. Even with HID, if using a cool tube w/ separate ventilation loop or an air cooled reflector, or even a fan circulating air below the fixture 6" is possible.

Question #3: How many hours of light are required for the vegetative stage of plant growth?

16+ is fine. I prefer 24/0. Some people claim a 16/8 schedule can promote more females. I have not personally tried it.

Question #4: What is the optimal daytime temperature?

70-75 degrees UNLESS you are CO2 supplementing, in which case temperature and RH will affect if the stoma are open for maximum CO2 absorbtion. If adding CO2 I go 80-85 deg.

Question #5: What is the optimal nighttime temperature?

Depends on answer to prior question. No CO2 70-75. Adding CO2 ~80deg, (even though CO2 doesn't run at night) don't want large temp fluctuations between day/night cycle.

Question #6: What is an optimal reservoir temperature?

Optimal temp ~68 degrees. Lower may shock the roots, and above 74 degrees pathogens have a good environment to grow in.

Question #7: What is the common method used to cool the temperature of the nutrient solution ? Ice

Reservoir chiller

I have used ice, with a temp probe. Not the most exact, but works well on a tight budget/small grow.

Question #8: What is the common method used to heat the nutrient solution?

Aquarium heater

Question #9: What range of PH levels should be maintained in soiless/hydroponic solutions?

5.8 - 6.2

However in HP Aero I use 5.4 - 5.8.

Question #10: What range should I maintain my TDS (total dissolved solids/salts) of the nutrient solution ?

This is a trick. PPM is strain dependent / grow method dependent.
HP Aero uses ~1/8 nute concentration as other methods. Some strains burn easily. There are general PPM guidelines with each strain/pheno.

Question #11: What is the most practical way of controlling odors created by medical marijuana cultivation?

Activated Charcoal Filter - Easiest, can be run through ventilation setup.

Negative Ion Generator - Havent used.

Ozone Generator - Excellent when away from plants. An ozone generator in the same room as a hydroponic air pump may force O3 into the root zone causing damage to the plant and bring growth to a halt.

Question #12: What are the growth characteristics of Cannabis Indica?

Question #13: What are the growth characteristics of Cannabis Sativa?

Question #14: When would a patient NOT require a Sativa to medicate? Appetite stimulation

Insomnia - Sativas tend to be more of an uplifting/creative high, which is not appropriate for someone seeking care for insomnia. A powerful indica with a narcoic affect would be appropriate.

Question #15: When would a patient NOT require an Indica to medicate?

Stimulation / motivation - Indica dominant species tend to create more of a narcotic pain relieving effect. Although the time at which the plant is harvested during the flowering cycle (difference in tricome coloration; clear to amber) can contribute to the characteristics of the effect on the user.

Question #16: What is the desired rooting temperature for cuttings?

74-78 degrees

Question #17: What is NOT a desired medium for rooting cuttings?

All 4 work. Using a humidome helps increase % success. I prefer no medium as I clone using LP Aero/NFT. Soon to be using HP Aero.

Question #18: What type of lighting is best used for propagating cutting?

LED (Light Emitting Diode)

Flourescent- Both LED and T5/CFL are less intense and produce less heat than HIDs and are useful for germinating seeds, growing seedlings, and cloning cuttings.

Question #19: What does the K in N-P-K stand for?

Potassium

Question #20: Why is it important to do a regular flush of PH balanced water through your growing medium?

To rinse toxic build up of undissolved salts

With my TAG pod I don't need to flush since there is no medium and hence no salt buildup.

Question #21: How much water would you use when flushing your growing medium?

Question #22: After your flush, how dry should the medium be before commencing feeding program ?

25%

Question #23: Pear shaped insects, approximately 1/16-3/8 inch long. They come in many colours including white, green, pink, red, yellow and black, have a life-cycle of 7-10 days and feed on plant juices. Spidermite

Aphid

Question #24: Tiny black flies that hover near the planting medium. They feed on dead organic matter, their larvae attract diseases and should be eliminated. Spidermite

Fungus Gnat

Question #25: Microscopic pests that are found on the underside of leaves. They extract fluids vital to your plants’ survival, leaving noticeable traces of yellowish white spots, known as stippling, on the topsides of the leaves. Further inspection of your plants should reveal tiny webs on stems and leaves.

Spidermite

Thrip

Question #27: Pests about 1/32” in size, which are easily seen fluttering about infested vegetation, slowing plant growth and attracting disease.

Whitefly

Question #28: When experiencing pest infestations, what product would NOT be effective in treating it?

B1

Question #29: When experiencing powdery mildew symptoms, what product would NOT be effective in treating it?

Potassium

Latest posts

Latest posts