What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump administration hints at ‘greater enforcement’ of marijuana laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogtg2213

Pot isn't the biggest issue we face, trump is truely trying to clean things up. I think he is going to do good and get a second term.

And a lot of what I read here was the normal read the headline then go talk about it Crap, I think if everyone took the time to read the whole story behind these issues you may find trump to be not so bad. Of course he can't make everyone happy but he seems to be trying if you read the whole story and look at the big picture. I really hope he does good and you guys should too, your all riding the in same boat

topheavy420

I apologize in advance for repeating myself, but for those that did participate in the other thread, here is what I posted there--

Now, last weeks Quinnipiac Poll found majority of Americans support legalized marijuana.

Legalized Marijuana

Marijuana should be made legal in the U.S., voters say 59 - 36 percent. Republicans are opposed 61 - 35 percent and voters over 65 years old are opposed 51 - 42 percent. Every other party, gender, education, age and racial group listed supports legalized marijuana.

Voters support 93 - 6 percent legalized marijuana for medical purposes if prescribed by a doctor.

The government should not enforce federal laws against marijuana in states that have legalized medical or recreational marijuana use, voters say 71 - 23 percent. Voters in every listed group support this position.

Source: https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2432

IMO, all this supports my theory that the legalized marijuana brouhaha is really about forcing the "sanctuary states" to "follow the law of the land" regarding illegal immigrants. Why would he go against: States rights, public opinion, and more importantly "waste money" on something that very few people want? Especially his "base".

Besides, any and all prosecutions for "recreational pot" will be in Federal Court (appointed Attorney Generals)--not in state court (elected District Attorneys), so the game is stacked against the Feds if they start prosecuting "recreational pot" cases.

Ahhh, I say ignore the "shiny object" in his left hand (recreational pot) and look at his right hand (sanctuary states/cities...or ????).

Great point, Trump is probably positioning for leverage against these ultra liberal states who are so far fighting against his main objective. Pretty dumb on their part, it's a losing battle for them.

I also think this is a warning shot to all cartel operations, better pack up shop boys.

IMO, all this supports my theory that the legalized marijuana brouhaha is really about forcing the "sanctuary states" to "follow the law of the land" regarding illegal immigrants. Why would he go against: States rights, public opinion, and more importantly "waste money" on something that very few people want? Especially his "base".

for the same reasons it has always been done. im going to paint with a broad brush here....republicans have always been against pot as whole. it appeases the religious right aka their base, they associate pot legalization with democratic/liberal values, its a way to create jobs by putting more people through the court system/jail/prison, it generates millions in fines and probation costs and finally makes it essentially harder to do something productive with your life after a conviction....all the while making you a statistic to prove their point.

Besides, any and all prosecutions for "recreational pot" will be in Federal Court (appointed Attorney Generals)--not in state court (elected District Attorneys), so the game is stacked against the Feds if they start prosecuting "recreational pot" cases.

i dont see how the deck is stacked against the feds in court. IMHO its stacked against the defendants. federal prosecutors have near perfect conviction rate.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Pot isn't the biggest issue we face, trump is truely trying to clean things up. I think he is going to do good and get a second term.

And a lot of what I read here was the normal read the headline then go talk about it Crap, I think if everyone took the time to read the whole story behind these issues you may find trump to be not so bad. Of course he can't make everyone happy but he seems to be trying if you read the whole story and look at the big picture. I really hope he does good and you guys should too, your all riding the in same boat

BIQjn1SCYAAlOIM.jpg

LOL. Tell me that from your prison cell, right after your cockmeat sandwich.

Typical left wing response. Again pot isnt the biggest issue we face, and that's why I grow trees,I'll never go to jail because I play be the rules and have a good lawyer.

if pot isnt a major issue then why has the trump administration came out swinging with less than 1.5 months in office? also if it isnt a big issue why bother with it at all?

even if you have the greatest lawyer ever getting off with no jail time and probation is still a W for them and a big L for you.

Bob Green

How about we stay on topic?

There are plenty of other places that folks can discuss immigration and deportation. This thread is not about that.

Ogtg2213

if pot isnt a major issue then why has the trump administration came out swinging with less than 1.5 months in office? also if it isnt a big issue why bother with it at all?

even if you have the greatest lawyer ever getting off with no jail time and probation is still a W for them and a big L for you.

Pot might be a big issue for you but I could care less if it's legal or not, looking on a world scale, pot is nothing. Trump is addressing issues the majority of people care about, and like it was already stated he's gonna do what's most popular among voters, so he's not gonna start a huge crackdown on pot.

Pot might be a big issue for you but I could care less if it's legal or not, looking on a world scale, pot is nothing. Trump is addressing issues the majority of people care about, and like it was already stated he's gonna do what's most popular among voters, so he's not gonna start a huge crackdown on pot.

if he was doing whats popular among voters he would let things continue as they have been not stifle our progress.

Cannavore

Veteran
yeah guys pot is nothing. it's only likely to rival the alcohol industry in 30 years time. it isn't like it's the fastest growing industry right now in the country with it's only parallel being the smart phone/tech boom.

60% of Americans want rec legal weed. That'd be something the majority cares about.

You're on a cannabis forum exclaiming cannabis legalization or having the right to use cannabis without repurcussion is meaningless. Just let that sink in while countless people have their lives ruined every day for what we all take for granted.

we should be focusing on things that really matter, like building a southern border wall for an immigration problem we don't have!
i know the average american cannot wait for trump to kill off the EPA and deregulate the fuck out of everything so every one can drink water as pristine as the residents of Flint MI have been blessed with.
or to throw more money into what is already the largest military budget on planet earth.
Such important tasks trump is taking care of for all us mericans!

Ready4

Veteran

LOL "what's most popular among voters" ? I would go all in against that nonsense. Are you taking bets on that ?

Fox News Poll - Trump's first report card - 46% approval
52% disapproval

That is on Fox. Just imagine how low those those approval rates are , in reality, on any other legit poll.

Look at the recent nationwide poll on legalizing marijuana.
See if he does what is most "popular" among the citizens of the USA.

Ogtg2213

LOL, I should have never tried to be rational with lefties. Sorry I thought on this forum you guys could actually use your brain.
Bob, get a life bud, I'm an old man

Jhhnn

Veteran

Pardon me, but Trump is President by quirk of the electoral college, not by dint of any voting majority is support.

Believe what you want about what he's trying to do but don't believe that a majority wanted it. That's not true.

Ogtg2213

He's the president, and you don't know any more than I do how accurate the counts were. It's all crooked as fuck anyways. Ps I I wasn't a trump supporter but he won and seems to be doing pretty good. Get ready for the next 8 years cause he's gonna get re elected.

Genghis- why did you take your comment down?? Lol

republicans and democrats have both agreed there was no voter fraud..minus the two trump supporters who voted twice.

you cant lean on a conspiracy theory to prove your point.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
...i dont see how the deck is stacked against the feds in court. IMHO its stacked against the defendants. federal prosecutors have near perfect conviction rate.

Because of the facts--according to a report in 2015 that examined the 2012 Federal Prison population--there were a total 181,964 inmates, 52% (94,678) were "drug related" with only 247 or 0.01% for "drug possession". The other 94,421 were for "drug trafficking".

How many were actually "marijuana" related? Only 11,533 inmates which is less than 7% of the total population.

Of course buried in the "marijuana" stats include all those Mexican cartel mules that got caught--as evidenced that 59% of "marijuana" related were Latino descent....AND 34.7% of the 11,533 marijuana related inmates were "non-US citizen". How many of the "drug" offenders were "non-US citizen"? Only 23.6%...how many "non-US citizens" are in Federal Prison? Only 8.2%.

Hmm, 8.2% total were "non-US citizen", 23.6% of all drug related...and 34.7% of all marijuana related...anyone but me see a pattern here?

These are the reasons why I think a simple "recreational marijuana" possession case is "stacked against the Feds". With other issues and bigger fish to catch, prosecuting a "recreational marijuana" possession case is something they view as a "waste of time" (remember--"trafficking" is their game...not "possession") .

Not to mention Pres Obama pardoned/commuted most of the marijuana prisoners before he left. Imagine how those prosecutors felt after they saw their conviction go "poof". They prepared for trial and got their conviction, then...some goofy Prez undoes all their work....yep, pure "waste of their time".

How's that old saying go? Fool me once....

Status
Not open for further replies.