What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Grow - Pre-Journal Post - Feedback Please

HazePhase

Hello Everyone,

I am very looking forward to getting this grow up and running for March 01st.

Here is my setup - not all purchased so please comment to ensure optimal success.
I will be doing 4 separate plants in 15 gallon smart pots in a mix of soil yet to be determined with separate SCROG screens for each from seeds to harvest.

1 x Gorilla Grow Tent 5x5
1 x LED Vero29 Gen7 Custom Light
15 x seeds
1 x Thermometer/Hydrometer
1 x 8 entry power strip w/timer
1 x dry rack
1 x 4 Inch fan and carbon filter
1 x ducting
2 x 4" noise reducing clamps
3 x 2 pair adjustable hangers
6 x 15 gal smart pots
50 x solo cups
2 x clip on oscillating fans
1 x 16 inc stand up fan
1 x PH up / PH down / PH testing kit
2 x extension cables
1 x watering can
4 x SCROG screens
Soil mix yet to be decided

I was thinking of spreading them out evenly and attached a drawing to scale to show spacing.
However since i have such large smart pots maybe i can squish them all together - about 10-12 inches between each.

Please let me know your feedback, comments, advice as I want to ensure I have the best start possible for March 01st.
Thanks peepz!!!

Attachments

• 5x5 space layout.jpg
    5x5 space layout.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8
M

meowmeowmeow

IMHO start slow....not soo big.
Kind of like learning to ride a bike with an overprotective parent.

"If" you stick to plan I hope you have help locally from someone who has grown before.
This shit isn't rocket science, but can be frustrating at time.

I'm a KISS method believer
K.eep I.t S.imple S.toner

This forum is chalk full of fuck ups and sucesses, so do your homework and read up.
I've always found useful information from the peeps on here.

Good luck :tiphat:

HazePhase

Thanks man.
I didn't think SCROG from my reading is going to be over complicated.
Was going to do DWC hydro and changed to soil.
Trying to keep simple yet not just let it grow.
This forum has been great and the people. Thanks

M

meowmeowmeow

"Trying to keep simple yet not just let it grow."

Never :laughing:

Those plants will be gigantic in those pots.
I just cut 10 moms at work they flowered out in 15 gal pots and the fucking plants were a mess. Not enought space to gorw.
My 3 run was 23 plants, so that was more than a hand full.

As for going DWC to soil.........I'd choose one or the other.
I recently had a clone die that went the same way......it was Purple Urkel which is fiya.

The stress alone with growing say 2 plants will keep you busy I think especially that big.

Good Luck :tiphat:

HazePhase

"Trying to keep simple yet not just let it grow."

Never :laughing:

Those plants will be gigantic in those pots.
I just cut 10 moms at work they flowered out in 15 gal pots and the fucking plants were a mess. Not enought space to gorw.
My 3 run was 23 plants, so that was more than a hand full.

Good Luck :tiphat:

Do you think in my 5x5 tent that running 4 plants will be too many?
I am not sure if you are saying that you had too many or that if i was growing 4 in 15 gallon smart pots that 4 would be too many for my 5x5?

Let me know as I want maximum yield and don't want to comprise my plants well being :)

M

meowmeowmeow

Do you think in my 5x5 tent that running 4 plants will be too many?
I am not sure if you are saying that you had too many or that if i was growing 4 in 15 gallon smart pots that 4 would be too many for my 5x5?

Let me know as I want maximum yield and don't want to comprise my plants well being :)

Yield has many factors, so mastering that skill takes years IMHO.

You have a great plan and that's a good thing. :headbange

My point I stink was 15 gal will be hung plants if vegged a while.
Training the plants will help with managing them...scrognet, low strss traing etc...
You'll fill that space for sure I believe.

HazePhase

I can't wait ... a another week and all items should be here and good to go :)
Come on seeds - fingers crossed they arrive today.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
As for going DWC to soil.........I'd choose one or the other.
I recently had a clone die that went the same way......it was Purple Urkel which is fiya.

Just brought in some clones and they were manifested/labeled as "Purple Erkel" and "Thi Lights" :wallbash:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
My point I stink was 15 gal will be hung plants if vegged a while.
Training the plants will help with managing them...scrognet, low strss traing etc...
You'll fill that space for sure I believe.

Agreed. If you've done it right, a fifteen gallon pot should have at least ten gallons of roots at the end (provided you cultivate a good root mass in a smaller pot/solo cup first.) This equals a lot of production. In your outline, you have 5" from each pot to the wall? You could conceivably eat up all that space in one shot during a good veg. Then again, I've never used the LED you list in your specs, maybe it would be a little more controlled than what I'm imagining.

Lethal

Hi HazePhase,

sounds good my bets are on both bubblegum and Ak47 very nice strains in general for starters. SD is very good also i just got a bad pheno so it left little bit of stain on my memory. But I wish you only the best!

Trich_Tyson

15 gal? Organic soil I guess? Veg long. Run 4. Lots of training.

I like more, smaller pots. But that's me. Where is that fan on a stand going to go though with all the pots taking up space?

I second the KISS notion. Big time.

Hooter

If your using clones be sure they are insect and disease free. Use a quality soil spider mites, fungus gnats are a pain in the ass. Be aware of these things in the beginning it will save you trouble in the long run.

HazePhase

Trich_Tyson -- "I am doing organic no till soil "Clackimus Coots" which is why the 15 gallon as they have everything need in that home once i move them to the 15 gallons. I have 3 - 6" clip fans in my tent attached at the top but i can lower as well - have them on for 16 hours when lights are on to keep constant breeze through my plants.

Lethal ---- I was told my seeds would take a week and took 21 business days to receive so it was delaying my cycle so I went and bought Tangilope by DNA Genetics - that is what I am growing now.

Hooter --- not using clones was from seed. I will be taking 2 of my 6 plants and using them to veg longer another 2 months while my other 4 are in flower. Then i will be taking cuttings from them and using those clones :)

Thanks everyone