What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looks like heat stress but isn't. Help!

Hi, my plants are showing signs of heat stress (I think). Leaves curling upwards at the edges but the temps and humidity are fine. What else could it be?

Background info:

Original Glue in 8L pots in Coco.
4th week of Veg.
1000w HPS about 1.2m above canopy.
Temps 25c day 20c night
RH 60%

Feed EC 1.8-2.0
2.5mls/L Coco Specific A+B and 0.5mls/L CalMag
ph5.6-5.8
3 times a day in DTW

I was running in to a cal mag def (I think as was running a low EC 1.2-1.4) So have upped it with a bit of CalMag which seems to have done the trick apart from the leaf curling. Its all over the pant top and bottom so def isnt heat.

Pease see pics and help really appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2953.jpg
    IMG_2953.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 11

maimunji

Double check your ph with ph strips. Looks like its off.
Drop cal mag because you are not far away from lockout. 2.0 is extremely high and if you continued to feed with this rates you will overfeeding everything and will finish with crap.

I will try that thanks. I have a ph pen that calibrated to 7.0 but maybe it’s off at the lower end?

My tap water is 0.4 so I thought there would be no need for CalMag but I was def having defecencies before. Any more ideas anyone? In case pH IS correct?

Could it be something to do with the Coco?
Also could it be to do with the coco getting cold? Cold air is drawn in near the bottom of the tent

Thanks I will change the PH to 6.0 and also lower E.C

Do you think CalMag is necessary?
If I add maybe 2mls/L A+B and 0.25mls/L CalMag E.C would be about 1.4 does that sound ok? What would you recommend?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That sounds about right. I would def us cal mag.

You caught the issue early so good eye. They should be back to normal very soon.

Make sure to flush some before resetting feed. I would flush with proper pH water.

Athos

I had the same issue happening to me last run, leaves looked the same as yours. It was pH been too high.

Latest posts

Latest posts