What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nut burn close to Harvest

ckp

Hi guys and sorry for my totally newbie questions,

I think my plant suffer from nutritious burns (see attached photos). Thing is I think is close to harvest (I've attached close up images). I water them with just pure water now every 2 days (when roots are dry). Should I try and flush the soil? ( the plant is 13 weeks old and I live in Greece - air temperature of about 18-22 celicus, 8 hours of sunshine a day - keep them indoors at night due to temperature drop).

Would love any suggestions and sorry again for my lack of knowledge

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_8988.jpg
    IMG_8988.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8989.jpg
    IMG_8989.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8990.jpg
    IMG_8990.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8991.jpg
    IMG_8991.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8993.jpg
    IMG_8993.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 12

thejact55

Thats one interesting plant! What strain is it?
Hard to tell from pics, but could be burn, could be a deficiency. Nitrogen deficiency is ok at this point, yellow leaves that fall off is the norm.
Yours are very green for so late, are you still feeding them nitrogen? What are you feeding them?
Id just hit them with water at this point, im a less is more person. See what happens from there. Good luck!

PS- beautiful view from your balcony!

ckp

Thats one interesting plant! What strain is it?
Hard to tell from pics, but could be burn, could be a deficiency. Nitrogen deficiency is ok at this point, yellow leaves that fall off is the norm.
Yours are very green for so late, are you still feeding them nitrogen? What are you feeding them?
Id just hit them with water at this point, im a less is more person. See what happens from there. Good luck!

PS- beautiful view from your balcony!
Hi thejact55,

Really thanks for your feedback. I think the strain is Hawaiian Snow. I just feed them with water for the last 2 weeks. Its almost 10 days since I took the pics and the plan looks the same (not more and no less burned).
Do you think its a good time to harvest? (the weather its about to get colder over the next few days).

Kind regards

thejact55

Ah, i liked the hawaiian snow when i grew them years ago. I had 6 seeds stashed, gave 3 to a family member recently and he grew them out. Nice smoke.

No more or less is a good thing. The burn wont necessarily go away once there.

As far as harvest... hmm, how cold? I would assume not freezing as your coastal, correct? I wouldnt worry about temps so much. How much rain do you get currently? Mold or mildew might be a bigger enemy than cold. I live in a very cold area and my plants make it for weeks at just above freezing.
She's been flowering for 13 weeks? Thats about right for harvest time.. Not sure if you have access to a microscope/magnifier that you can look at the trichomes with? That would help, if you have some amber trichs, rest milky, shes done.

thejact55

Looking at your pics again, i dont see alot of white pistils. Is she still producing any? Not the only way to tell, but if she has all brown pistils its a good sign shes getting done.

ckp

Hi again,
I'm attaching some more images of the plants along with some close ups. You think its almost done?

Regards

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 13

MrBungle

It looks like there might've been a night time light source or something... If thats not the case, that might be one of the leafiest plants I've ever seen...

ckp

I keep the plants outdoors all day, no sources of light over night (I just keep them indoors to avoid big temperature falls)

Easy7

Veteran
Closer then when you started

It's a weird one.

Go by the trichs and wait for some amber. I find a liitle sleepy weed sticks around longer than more up and euphoric.

Greenhouse seeds has a bad rep. Nirvana has a much better one. As far as known less appreciated seeds go.

As far as usa breeders or at least usa beans I don't know other than people love bodhi and some others. I prize some less expensive beans sometimes.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Did that plant reveg at any point??? Looks like the result of it was put out to early went into flower n went back to veg n then tried to flower... May be cause by excess n to but I've never seen it that extreme being a nute issue, no windows , street lights, porch lights around your outdoor grow,,, my buddy grew similar looking plants on his balcony, told him to get blinds..,
When were the seeds purchased, I grew lots of hawian snow had some leafy wild sativa phenos but never what you got...

ckp

In hope to shade some lights on this mysterious plant I'm sending a video from earlier this morning: https://drive.google.com/file/d/146YXMuf3AhWot2H6F7VBM_rMYf6A3VC2/view

In this video you'll see also another plant that was also planted at the same time (12 weeks ago) from the same batch of strains (hawaian snow from greenhouse, bought 8 months ago, 3 of them only these two survived) and received the same amount of nutritious. However the second plant looks a lot different that the fisrt.

My main worry (other than the fact that I'm so damn nubbie, is that the weather is going to get a lot worst). So let me know guys if you think I should wait more or harvest now.

Thanks to all, have a happy Christmas

Looks like it went into veg in the middle of flower and then back to flower like others were saying i would just finish them off with water and hope for the best not much u can do at this point. Will definitely still give you a buzz once u dry and smoke it!

ckp

Just trimmed it a bit and it seems to be some beautiful things there under the jungle leaves. So I think I'm going to harvest it

Attachments

• IMG_9038.jpg
    IMG_9038.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9039.jpg
    IMG_9039.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9040.jpg
    IMG_9040.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6

MrBungle

Yep it looks like there was a light source during your dark period....it doesn't take much if its constant.... could be a reflection from a hallway light kicking up from under a door... could be a street lamp through a window.... along with being moved back and forth between environments could have stressed her out a bit...

if you are curious how it will smoke, chop off a few samples to dry, and let it go a lil bit longer... if its not a huge deal, then take it all down, and try to figure out what happened, so that you won't run into the same issues next time.. Enjoy.

ckp

Yep it looks like there was a light source during your dark period....it doesn't take much if its constant.... could be a reflection from a hallway light kicking up from under a door... could be a street lamp through a window.... along with being moved back and forth between environments could have stressed her out a bit...

if you are curious how it will smoke, chop off a few samples to dry, and let it go a lil bit longer... if its not a huge deal, then take it all down, and try to figure out what happened, so that you won't run into the same issues next time.. Enjoy.

you are totally right! There was a light from the next room that would reflect on the room that I was keeping them over night, so that might have changed the circle of the plan! Really thanks for that, will definitely look out for that on the next time.

For now I feel that it might not evolve to something better. I will flash it a couple of times over the next week and keep it at completely darkness over the night and see how it will behave in a weeks span.