What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$$my new cash crop$$ not weed

Miracle Fruit

A small bushy tree producing a red fruit that looks like a coffee berry. The fruit, which contains the chemical miraculin, has a miraculous effect on the mouth. After eating this fruit everything, especially sour things, taste much better. Kind of like the world through rose colored glasses. The plant is slow growing but will start fruiting when only 1 foot tall. Likes full or partial sun and good drainage. Plant 6 feet apart.

B

bottletoke

wow, i want to smoke a bowl then eat some of these, any one know where seeds, cuttings or anything are availible, sounds like something great to do in your backyard as it is legal.

G

bottletoke said:
wow, i want to smoke a bowl then eat some of these,
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXACTLY!!!! lol

Good find EasyBake I must say F to that 6feet apart part though. Im going to eventually sog them under or stadium them around a 600 bulb. We loose so much sunlight to rain in the summer here and it may get a bit too cold on the coldest nights too. A little mix of sun and CMH year round.

Shit maybe a few 1ks in a bedroom, then when the DEA come over with their machine guns I can have them try the berries and win some clientel, then rape them with high cop prices.

G

So Dasme doesn't grow weed, just comes to the best forum with the best growers to get and stay ahead of the game.

:laughing:

$30 for 20 seeds, buy it now on eBay

T-type

sounds like it, said it can only handle light frost i would imagine that you could bring them in in the winter and supplement lighting though, cut your costs down for the summer at least...

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
gramsci.antonio said:

Can i take cuttings from wild plants? Is there any grow guide?

id go with regular cutting gel and a humidome. soil sounds better then synthetic mediums as rw.

still sounds too good to be true.

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
DIGITALHIPPY said:
id go with regular cutting gel and a humidome. soil sounds better then synthetic mediums as rw.

Sound advice. I would think a soilless medium would require a bit more attention to detail for a much longer period of time.

Namaste, mess

G

Even_Steven said:
So Dasme doesn't grow weed, just comes to the best forum with the best growers to get and stay ahead of the game.

Used to. I still have my head in it all though, Im a helper, here and elsewhere.

Digi why all the negs man?

Well it's supposed to fruit at 1foot and rarely sooner but it's been known to happen. Im thinking that with the fast rates in coir it will help get that size faster. Im cant find enough of the info I want, like: is it a size thing or maturity thing for friut to set? It IS a tree afterall. In the right climate it will produce year round too, taken care of properly and brought indoors when needed I should be chillen with some berries really soon.

How bout a MFScrog with 5' trees trained to be only 3' making a few hundred berries at a time! With the knowledge canna growers have... man this is fun.

G

messn'n'gommin' said:

Mess, you are the link king I see you over in the micro stickies thread killen it!!! lol I just read that one this morning. good read.

and PICS

They are babies all in cups. the trays are old SWC tubs that never went to use, but the did here. Sorry but these will not be for sale. Maybe when they reach fruit stage if I have at least 25 of the 36 trees at 1' Ill sell a few to pay for the lights and vortex. I may loose some to ignorance but I will do my best. I think that if I focus on low pH Ill be ok here as it is humid like crazy here anyway.

Haha, that is great that a thread about miracle berries howed up here.

My brother was visiting in town this last week, and was raving about these things, brought a few with him. They are amazing, you eat a pill of what I assume is crushed berries, and then you can bite right into lemons.

My understanding (what he told me) is that the sugar lobby managed to keep them out of the USA's agricultural market, don't ask me how, but apparently you are not supposed to be able to get them here. That's what I was told at least.

Any way, I think I may start growing some of these, where to get seeds?

http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/synsepalum_dulcificum.htm

Here is a link to a place that has some in stock (plants not seeds), I ordered 2, will let you guys know when they show up.

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool subject...

but I'd rather grow WEED - the REAL miracle fruit....

also, if you plan on making a business out of this "miracle fruit," your best bet would be to sell the seeds, or cuts of it...

Last edited:

whodi

Veteran
would be hard to cash crop this plant. it would only grow mass plants (1k-4k) in a place liek florida/louisiana.. deep south.

I don't know if you can take cuttings, if so.. selling the plants at 15-20 inches tall would be best..

As far as sellnig jsut the berries.. well it takes 3-4 years before the tree is 15-20 inches tall.. and that's when they will start to produce 2 crops per year in ideal climate. And i'm not sure how much each plant produces.

It seems like it could make a lot of money as they are so rare and aren't easily massed produced in the states. And of course the government want import them from africa...

It would take a lot of patience before you start making any money

If you could take cuttings.. then i'd prolly have 4 greenhouses in deep south, where it's warm and humid.

1000 plants per greenhouse.

since it takes about 4 years to mature.. then you'd plant 1000 the frist year in one greenhouse.. then the second year you move those to another green house and plant 1000 mroe seedlings in the 2nd greenhouse... then the 3rd year another 1000 seedlings.. then the 4th year another 1000 seedlings for the last greenhouse.. and after each year, one greenhouse cleans out and replace that greenhosue with 1000 new cuttings... that way you can harvest 1000 mature plants each year.

And at 1000 plants a year.. they are gonig for $100+ a plant on ebay.. so say charge $75 'buy it now price' for each plant to beat other people's business. so 1000 x 75 = $75k a year.

You could even add 2 mroe greenhouses and just use those to fruit the plants.. and sell the berries at $1 a berry to beat competitors.

Would take a lot of patience.. 4 years before you'll see steady income.. and if a bad storm coems along.. like a hurricane.. then your whole business will crumble. and you'd have to start all over again.. 4 years

Now if you could maybe buy 4 big buildings, insulate them and contro lthe environment.. then that'd be ideal, but how much lightning would you need for 1000 plants in each building? rememebr they use about 3 gallon container pots.

COuld actually turn ito a marketable business and could coem of something good for diabetics.. cancer patients..ppl on diets. .etc..

Exactly

Rooting cuttings from this plant is hard unless you cut from soft wood which is still more difficult than weed clones

These plants also grow extremely slow and flower/fruit only after maturing which takes at least 3 years

so as for as cash crop, this is a awesome and cool plant but not a good cash crop like weed is

greenhead

Veteran
I'd never heard of this fruit before, so I did some quick googling and it seems interesting if what some of the stuff I've read is true, about how it completely alters the perception of taste, since it contains some stuff that sticks to your tongue, blocking out certain sour and acid tastes.

I found a place that sells this in tablet form. Looks like they're imported from asia.

http://www.miraclefruittab.com/

:joint: :wave:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I think the part that sounds the coolest is it makes a Guinness taste like a chocolate shake.

The Vermonster

LiLWaynE said:
Cool subject...

but I'd rather grow WEED - the REAL miracle fruit....

also, if you plan on making a business out of this "miracle fruit," your best bet would be to sell the seeds, or cuts of it...

I with u LW....lol :joint: :joint: :joint: