What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$$my new cash crop$$ not weed

G

Not a ganji grower here, read the sig... though I do help locals get started and become self-suff. Used to be self-suff myself.

Either way, to the point

Have you heard of Miracle Fruit? Check about it! It's a berry that yuo eat and it changes how your taste buds taste. For ex. Eat a slice of lime, bitter and your face cringes. Eat a MFruit, yes quite plesant. Then eat another slice of lime and BAM you are eating a slice of pure LIMEAID, and your face is smiling.

It turns sour to sweet...

The sell for a good penny too. On Ebay you can bid on them and 10 berries can get up to 50-60+ usd. Considering that they produce almost year round and love my local climate, Im in the gold.

They fruit at 1foot which supposedly takes a year, but my saplings are growing fast in coco coir and I think that theyll get big pretty fast. Oh and I have more than 25 of them. So I could be swimming in berries soon, sell them for 2buck each and do that for 8-9 months a year.

Plus it has the potential for helping sick ppl with eating issues.

excited.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
MIRACLE FRUIT?
you got to be kidding.
did you just wake up and re-name an apple this morning?
pics needed google is calling you a liar.
sounds like a pile of bunk.

highclasscandy

Miracle fruit is really funny how it alternates the taste buds
care to share some pics and some more info how you grow them?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
DIGITALHIPPY said:
you are quoting wiki...he could have put that there 2 min before this thread, probably not though. i just dont see a big market. maybe at some health food stores, but you wont get much money. shit you'd probably make more by growing saffron.

You are quite aggressive man. Where i was born (southern italy) this fruit is not unknown... it grows very well at the bottom of the volcanos...

Anyhow man you bought me. Since i won't be able to grow any MJ for quite a while, i'll start with this.

I remember while being a child that my mother was used to make me eat it with lemons and pompelmos...

Can i take cuttings from wild plants? Is there any grow guide?

Guayaki

Crazy! I never heard of this stuff before. Even ebay has some trees going over a thousand dollars that are several years old. Just watched a few youtube videos and makes me want to get a few seeds to keep away from eating sugar. 1 person said it made Guiness beer taste like chocolate milk. lol

E

easyrasta

i think the use in diet would be profitable
feel like something sweat, eat the berry and some lime

G

Digi, man youve been in a bad mood latly or something? Calm the F down man. Your tring to call me out on some shit for nothing. What do I have to gain by telling lies on the internet, esp on a weed site. Dont turn this into hg### with all that drama.

Based on what I can find, low pH ~4-5 full sun & high mumidity. From talking to the kid who hooked me up he has done some air layering with results but you need crazy patience. Like 2-3 months worth. That said the seedlings seem to grow fast in coir.

I plan on doing a mix of coco coir and hollytone from Espoma. This is the "for acid loving plants" mix, and biotone form Espoma also. THey come from rainforests located on the Mother Land and here in zone9 I should have no problem with them outside. But come witnter I want to have a 600w cmh or whatever on them.

highclass: Ive had many a garden but when I want something to live i do it how I did MJ. Start in solo cups and work it up from there. Baby em' you know? Right now they're in solos and have been with their first set of leaves for a couple of weeks, shit I need to put them outside Im slaking... ok. Ill Post pics later.

Shit Ill do saffron too.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=miracle+fruit&category0=

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
dasme, where did you get the seeds, and did you have any problems germinating them? I know they'd be a big hit at the local farmer's markets around here, I'd probably be famous if I could grow them. I read an article in the NY Times I think it was a few weeks ago about and and have been wondering how to get started ever since.

G

I got them from a friend localy. He gave me a shit ton of them already sprouted for cheap. I just put them in coir mixed with perlite and turface, in 2 weeks they started showing up.

Damn right bounty have a bowl of them on a table with a sign that reads $2 a berry. Have a few to have taste tests. Just make sure you bring a rake. The rake is for all the money all around your table.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
this sounds really interesting... def want to try and grow some.. post us up some pics. im too lazy to go looking for them! hehe

Wm.Duffy

Hey Digi,
Maybe its BS, like that strain of cannabis called "Shit"
that you thought was fake also. Never thought I would type these letters
in a post but here goes, ROFLMAO. Humorous, totally humorous.

T-type

Im dead broke right now, but I was thinking....
I recently was looking for pomegranet(sp?) trees and there is some US Cutting bank that gives them out for free, but they advise you not to abuse their service (hahahahahahaha) do you think there is one for this miracle fruit plant?

Why no pics, and detailed info man... I need more... give me more haha

edit: We need more cash crop info about everything... Profiting from the bounty of mother nature is awesome... I would love to make money off of a legal plant...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts