What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The rough way to make hashish

No one has to tell me that there are more sophisticated ways to make hashish, for sure there are, but I like simple solutions. This is the most simple way I know to make hashish. All you need is a cooking pot with a lid and a nylon stocking or something similar. I also used cheese-clothes and kitchen towels. It depends on the fabric and on the mesh. I used nylons. The gloves are just because I don't want to see my fingerprints here on the board.

All you need:

Clutch the nylons over the pot:

Close the pot and fix the nylons with the lid:

Turn the pot upside down:

And shake it for a while. Shake it baby, shake it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnPnrtKn9fY)

And then - voila - open the lid and you have hashish:

I pressed this little ball just with my fingers and I didn't need to press firm. The trichs stick together immediately. If I read stories about hashish presses, I'm alienated, because hashish which must be pressed with a device to stick together, is not worth to be smoked. Stuff which must be pressed with a device is stuff for the cannabutter and not for smoking.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No one has to tell me that there are more sophisticated ways to make hashish, for sure there are, but I like simple solutions. This is the most simple way I know to make hashish. All you need is a cooking pot with a lid and a nylon stocking or something similar. I also used cheese-clothes and kitchen towels. It depends on the fabric and on the mesh. I used nylons. The gloves are just because I don't want to see my fingerprints here on the board.

All you need:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77278&pictureid=1857444&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Clutch the nylons over the pot:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77278&pictureid=1857445&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Close the pot and fix the nylons with the lid:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77278&pictureid=1857446&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Turn the pot upside down:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77278&pictureid=1857447&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

And shake it for a while. Shake it baby, shake it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnPnrtKn9fY)

And then - voila - open the lid and you have hashish:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77278&pictureid=1857448&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Oh yeah! Oldschool way Hash! Simplicity is so good at times :)

window

Veteran
Here is another way to make a quick ' rough ' way to make hashish, especially when going for an old school pressed method.

Step 1
Use an automotive paint strainer as they have a fine micron and using your finger lightly stir the dried, cold trim/flower
picture.php

Resin powder collects in a bowl underneath
picture.php

Step 2
Using your for finger, pick up a small amount of powder and together with your thumb start to press the hash using a smearing motion ( good quality powder will press easily and instantly )
Imagine a finger with resin powder on the end, lol

Step 3
Press into small balls
picture.php

Then while the hash begins to warm in the hand, keep adding and pressing the small balls together until they form a solid lump, at times try rolling the hash using your palms can help, also hot breath blown into an enclosed hand can help to warm the hash for further pressing, it can take hours, lol.
picture.php

This was done with poor quality powder but still pressed using the above methods.
When people ask me where I learned to do this, I tell them " an old afghan man taught me " he he
Nah, I got it from Rob Clark's book 'Hashish ' but works even better if you use the right micron screen's instead of a filter.
This rough method does me, reminds me of imported old school hash, I'm sure 99.9% resin would have me dribbling in a corner, whiting/greening out.

Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Here is another way to make a quick ' rough ' way to make hashish, especially when going for an old school pressed method.

Step 1
Use an automotive paint strainer as they have a fine micron and using your finger lightly stir the dried, cold trim/flower
View Image

Resin powder collects in a bowl underneath
View Image

Step 2
Using your for finger, pick up a small amount of powder and together with your thumb start to press the hash using a smearing motion ( good quality powder will press easily and instantly )
View Image

Step 3
Press into small balls
View Image

Then while the hash begins to warm in the hand, keep adding and pressing the small balls together until they form a solid lump, at times try rolling the hash using your palms can help, also hot breath blown into an enclosed hand can help to warm the hash for further pressing, it can take hours, lol.
View Image

This was done with poor quality powder but still pressed using the above methods.
When people ask me where I learned to do this, I tell them " an old afghan man taught me " he he
Nah, I got it from Rob Clark's book 'Hashish ' but works even better if you use the right micron screen's instead of a filter.
This rough method does me, reminds me of imported old school hash, I'm sure 99.9% resin would have me dribbling in a corner, whiting/greening out.

Awesome stuff brother! Thanks for sharing the tek! Nice simple method; gives me something too do while listening to music or watching tv after work. :biggrin:

Step 1
Use an automotive paint strainer...

I needed a moment to find a proper translation. It is 'Lacksieb' in German. Never heard of before. Is also available here for 0.13 cent. Cheaper than nylons. :) Thank you for the hint. This is great. I will try soon.

I would say: Kitchen towel is more primitive than nylons, followed by automotive paint strainer. And bubble bags from Amazon are nearly professional.

I love you guys. :huggg:

Last edited:

window

Veteran
And your plants were harvested by holy virgins at full moon after long holy chanting and prayers.

Of course:biggrin:

More tips,
Seal your trim/buds in bags and leave in freezer overnight, cold resin gland's break off easier, make sure no moisture can enter the bag's.

Try this with Narrow leaf type's, especially haze,.....wash your hands thoroughly and dry, stick your hand into a pre frozen bag of haze buds and gently break up the flowers with your fingers ( making them ready for dry sifting )
Some of the oily resin will stick to your fingers/hands and if you rub them together over a piece of white paper, the resin will fall off and can be pressed, making a sort of hand rubbed hashish like temple ball:)

Sam S says original haze is a lousy dry sifter and I agree but it can be done and is worth it for the unique high, a truly psychedelic one, I've only tried it once with some real wispy haze buds but it worked and was wonderful :biggrin: