What's new

Mentor passed. First soil grow, I could use a hand.

OhGee

Hi everyone! So I'm in a situation where my after 68 years of living and 35 of growing my mentor has passed while teaching me. I'm a little stuck here trying to figure out if I'm doing this correctly. I have 6 clones here that appear healthy to me, in a 5x5 tent under 400W MH 24 hours a day, for a week now. Before this they were under CFLs, and in a moving truck for a few days... Suffice to say its been a very taxing week.

So, I'm looking for some help. I want to turn some or all of these into mother plants to keep my friends memory going, and of course to keep us in a perpetual cycle of growing. I'm going to post photos below, and I apologize in advance for being slow on the uptake. I was sort of thrust into growing, got these clones, and a two week crash course before things started going downhill with my friend.

So, I've got one smaller plant that Im thinking maybe went into flowering by itself during the 2 day dark period.. Its been pretty mopey ever since. The rest appear healthy. I guess firstly I'm looking for reading material, and am willing to buy books or anything recommended. I'd also like to know when I should clone these little ladies, before I top/fim or after? I really intended on coming here much more educated before asking any questions.

So, below I'll post photos, and I'd be super grateful for any help or advice you could offer. I just really don't want to mess this up. Its been pretty smooth sailing so far, but Im now getting into the more complicated stuff that we hadn't quite covered.

If you need anymore info from me, please let me know and Ill be happy to provide.

*EDIT* I'm on my way out the door and all of the photos uploaded sideways. :comfort: I'll be able to fix that a bit later. Sorry!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75032&pictureid=1796302

OhGee

The second through third photo in my reply are of the plant thats got a lot of pistils, and has been pretty droopy since it arrived here.

Again, I apologize for the sideways photos. I'm going to work on reposting them this evening. :(

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sorry to hear of your lost friend.

Unless your OCD & need to, the photos will be fine.

I'll start by suggesting Ed Rosenthals, Marijuana Growers Handbook. About $30 & it was used as Oaksterdam University text book for teaching cannabis growing. As far as I know, it's the most up to date book that details some of the basic science behind the way we do some of the things we (growers) do.

As far as what to do in the immediate future:
Under 24 hrs light all those plants should remain in a perpetual veg state. The one plant that is throwing pistils should revert fairly quickly to a vegatative state & be held there under a 24hr light schedule.

Clones can be taken at any time.
FIM means Fuck I Missed! It's a It's a yield increasing technique. No need to FIM mothers unless you want her to branch out like crazy for a bunch of smaller clones.

I could write a book but my hands would hate me. (I'm surfing from my phone)

As long as you've got the basics, you will be fine & you can search & read about advanced cultivation tecultques.