What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Culinary Peppers Thread

Bluto

Met this cat at the bar last night who has 88 types of chiles he breeds. Gonna go gangbuster on my bros farm

Bluto

I asked him if he had some chocolate Thai, he was an old hippie and he got a little gun shy... I bet this cat might have the mother load stash. I love to meet another seed hoarder

Bluto

I think he got scared cuz he did. I showed him my medical card to chill him out. The list is insane. Let me try to post a copy

Gry

For me getting ready for spring means picking more peppers. Mine grew right through the winter .Wish the japanese eggplant had made it.
Never seen anything grow faster and produce more than peppers they sell in bags as mini sweet peppers in grocery stores.
Have plants that are 3 years old now and they have produced well year round.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have a particularly long blooming pepper variety, Aji Amarillo, from south america and wondering if anyone has any proven way of getting them to produce flowers and peppers more quickly....

They did not finish last year and are supposed to take between 90 and 120 days from sewing but they were probably 150 last year and only a couple turned orange and finished up properly.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Plant early. Boost pk when mature and ready to flower/flowering. You won't get good yeld like other faster varieties but indeed it's a nice pepper for salads and sauces. Gives a nice fresh taste. I had the yellow ones, aji limon.

LostTribe

Premium user
Plant early. Boost pk when mature and ready to flower/flowering. You won't get good yeld like other faster varieties but indeed it's a nice pepper for salads and sauces. Gives a nice fresh taste. I had the yellow ones, aji limon.

I have grown them for several years but last year they didnt get much attention. I am considering planting in pots this year so they will get more wet dry cycles and so I can move them around. That was also an issue last year with tomatoes getting way overgrown and taking all the space in my small beds. Trying tomatoes from seed this season so maybe they won't go so crazy....

I also dont really feed much just amend the soil before plantings so as I have a shit ton of PBP soil left over I am gonna use it up on them.

LostTribe

Premium user
Ok so after much deliberation I caved in and grabbed some new peppers to try out this summer.

Bhut Jolokai
Carolina Reaper

Regulars are
some south american varieties
rocoto
aji amarillo
Banana
Some salsa mix

for those that have grown the bhut jolokai and the reapers what do you use them for? Powder or do you even consume them or just grow them to say you grow the hottest shit out there?

Latest posts

Latest posts