What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

checking out new strains~

Scrappy-doo

The temp control I understand, I've used thermostat controllers before. How does it detect rain and wind, and what opens/closes? Is it a single climate controller or several different units being used?

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Taggin' up. So awesome you make seeds in an outdoor/semi-outdoor environment. Lot's and lot's of seeds!!
yeah for sure . but you got to add the word very CAREFULLY make seeds lol . one slip and the branches next to what i,m pollinating gets hit and pollinated . no accidents yet though . :)

this girl coming up for a pollen hit bout a week , no male sadly . topdawg white dawg. may even hit several branches with different males headbanger , choc trip , ancient og , black lime see what happens pure pollen throw going on here . either way i want to beef her up a bit , with something . by the way peoples i,m open to suggestions of any crosses as we roll along . i truly enjoy a good pollen chuck as you can prob tell . addiction is another word i guess .

if theres a pic of a female , then chances are i,ve stashed a male away . think theres 25/30 males in total . missing a couple on a couple of strains sadly . kicking myself somehow i screwd up and didn't keep a aficionado red hindu kush male . they took of when they got some root space .
IMG_0285.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

The temp control I understand, I've used thermostat controllers before. How does it detect rain and wind, and what opens/closes? Is it a single climate controller or several different units being used?

its got its own weather station on the roof thats hooked to the computer( single controller running everything ) . individual sensors for wind & rain ,so if either hit a certain set point ( you set it up for whatever set points you want , like i have it anything above 45km winds it closes and any rain at all )the roof and sides close until it detects everything is ok again and opens itself back up .so its constantly monitoring . temp and humidity sensors inside also . it amazed me when i first set it up . its adjust constantly all through the day , as i said its like its alive . very kool

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

@ who dat is , temperature in degrees .(edited : deg celsius ) :)

aficionado black lime reserve
IMG_0278.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

franchise ojsdkb
IMG_0275.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

aficionado red hindu kush
IMG_0283.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bodhi dragons blood
IMG_0288.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

the gnome

Veteran
very nice green house to kick around in pittymick
love the variety you have going on,
I'll be keeping my eye on those afc. strains :smoke:

S

sourpuss

Nice show!! Sounds like some great crosses in the works!! Good luck finding something to your fancy!!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

thanks heaps guys , 2 more aficionado strains going gnome long valley royal kush , in the pines ( i just hit in the pines with a nice choc trip male i have ). pics at some stage of them . just adding things as i go , here and there .

thanks sourpuss , theres few potentials , never know till they all bud and see how they handle the humidity . some things surprise me . have lots of head banger crosses atm .
tag,em and bag,em....... is what they say .:)

bodhi ancient og, i,m focusing on these girls a lot , i have 4 . they are going to suit my needs in the future going of others grows i,ve seen

IMG_0276.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

locktite , i,ve heard good things about this strain . redeye decided to re-use it for a seed run . so must be something promising in it .
IMG_0281.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ancient og dude
IMG_1099.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

aficionado long valley royal kush dude
IMG_1101.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

yo newage , yeah man .

i,ve heard nothing but good things with the headbanger . she got some competition . but i think she will give them a good run for there money .

theres actually a few of karma,s that will be getting put in the vault i reckon :) i like the structure on the brotherhood from karma , i,d love to know what karma thinks of the yield it outdoors in the right conditions . or if anyones done her outdoors tell me what you reckon also

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

Checking in.
:lurk:

thanks for coming along , you can keep me inline with whats going on, keep me focused . hahaha may have to tolerate my blindness to pollen throwing is all :) i do play it down as a pollen chuck as i,m no plant expert . but i,ve been throwing pollen for 10yrs or more . so it is a little more organised than a random chuck

but i,m the first to admit , i,ve never read a book ( well i should say i tried , until it become to confusing ). i go by observation or just pure impulse/feel at times of a pollen throw . mainly i,m looking at plants and seeing what i think they are lacking in or needing . if i,ve got a male i feel will improve its growth or structure . i also take into account how fast the male flowered and the female . the best part is i,m carefully doing individual branches , so one female of choice will serve as the mother of several strains .

but my main objective is to make f2 and crosses for outdoor production , mold resistance being high on the list . potency, structure , yield , heavy feeder

second objective is to find few strains great for indoors , though i do not do indoor . i,m sure the guys that helped me with the beans wouldn't complain :)

the recent cross done skylotus x ancient og.

UPDATE : skylotus x pinklotus and skylotus X silverlotus .

Last edited: