What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MI 4,000sq ft outdoor grow SHO

sho

Veteran
All rafters set, just a dozen hours left on the man lift wrapping up the purlins.

This kit was way more work than anticipated!

qmNbhuc.jpg

sho

Veteran
Well today was a good day till the rain came. This is a few more days then I anticipated on the lift. Lots of finish work and since I have to come down and move the truck every time, it's slow work. 4 moves for the length of the building.

It's going though, and over the course of 96' the most I had to move to line bolt holes up (prepunched at the factory) was about an inch. A pinch bar did the trick. Lots of impact drill time and I'm sore and sunburnt.

Bringing my boy out tomorrow to cut grass and get ready for cows and fencing while I try to wrap the building frame tape, turnbuckle brackets, and struts up. I've learned a lot of what not to do, though.

sho

Veteran
NuYLkMe.jpg

lVZol7U.jpg

awsQe9Z.jpg

The view is nice from 20' up!
ga7SmTp.jpg

And me after the first 5 days on the lift, the white lines are the shitty spray sunblock my woman hit me with
cRa36Dn.jpg

sho

Veteran
And how I left it last night, this morning it was raining so I came into work. Which is why y'all are getting a photo dump.

Xq7FRLA.jpg

MANY LESSONS LEARNED!

1) Don't bolt anything together on the ground BEFORE starting from the TOP down.

2) tow behind lifts suck, it would have went SO much faster had I just got a 4x4 lift so I didn't have to keep coming down, hooking up, and moving the truck/lift, unhook, set riggers down, pull forward...

3) Don't count on "friends" to help.

4) Your patients WILL help if it benefits them, though. One patient babysat our kids for a whole WEEK while living with us, and the other one has been out there every day he's had off. He's a network tech, and is learning how to turn wrenches.

5) Sunburns suck. Keep going, though.

6) We've drank at least a 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon every day while we've been out there. It's exactly $9.99 at the corner grocery store.

I'm going to order another kit before they're gone forever from FarmTek and put it's twin up next to it for next year. NCRS also has financing options for high tunnels for vegetable production, AND I'm looking for Herford calves, chickens, geese, ducks, and a pigmy goat for the fuck of it.

S

sensibuds

Very impressive bro!

All that hard work will pay off in the end!

Good luck with everything :D