What's new

Top 5 most popular strains in Cali?

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I wondering what the top 5 most popular strains in cali clubs are?

My guess:

OG Kush
GSC
GDP
Sour D
Bubba Kush

?

Whats your opinion?

:thank you:

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aumCO.gif

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im a seed searcher.. I dont have any moms. Sometimes I wish I had kept some of the plants I have found through the years. I find the search half the battle. I also enjoy growing different stuff looking for those plants that are above the rest..

Kush doesn't matter from whom I like them all
BOGS gear Have not found any plants that where not above ave
Peyote Purple and the cross I made with it.
GDP and the cross I made with it.
Querkle is like grape candy to me..

These are what Im working with this year. Next year it will be different.

Last edited:

Scheme_Supreme

Post Modern Kush. It's Kush that's discursive formation has been disjointed due to power relations in the industry.

Justin Beiber Kush. Really hot right now.

Cadettes Kush. 6th, 7th and 8th generation Girl Scout Cookies. Has square crystals as opposed to the 1st - 5th generations who are squares.

Steezbread.

1st trimester. Taken early, it is spotted with red hairs.

Cali is a fucking joke and I am so happy the prices are dropping. Bunch of clowns.

Z

Z-ro

What exactly about Cali is a 'fucking joke'...

Sounds like someone is jealous imo

no it's true, we're a fucking joke! :tiphat:

OG and anything crossed with it, always popular.
other than that, in my neck of the woods it seems like anything goes. sour og and la con were going around for a bit in the last year. seems like whatever-og, sour-whatever, etc are the mainstays of the top shelf, while the mid/low shelves get a lot more variety from our up north brothers. i saw a lot of familiar names come through during last years' outdoor harvest - chocolope, cherry pie, C99, SSH, tangerine dream, even blue mystic haha.

GSC hasn't made its way down here to the south that i've encountered so far, most people i know in the area who aren't on the internet thing havent heard much if anything about it yet. will be interesting to see if/when the GSC gets hyped up in socal.

ghostnugz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Post Modern Kush. It's Kush that's discursive formation has been disjointed due to power relations in the industry.

Justin Beiber Kush. Really hot right now.

Cadettes Kush. 6th, 7th and 8th generation GS Cookies. Has square crystals as opposed to the 1st - 5th generations who are squares.

Steezbread.

1st trimester. Taken early, it is spotted with red hairs.

Cali is a fucking joke and I am so happy the prices are dropping. Bunch of clowns.

haters gonna hate

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GSC
USD - Ultimate Strawberry Diesel
GDP
Cherry Pie
Blue Dream

Personal choices and yes I agree here in Cali we DO take ourselves a little too seriously...I mean really Justin Bieber OG puuuhleease!

Booyah!

Socal clubs are all about OG Kush. Bubba kush is probably the runner up. GDP and other purples aren't really given much spotlight at all at least down here. Just starting to see cookies but that's still a san fran thing. Sour D...eh, you don't see it much but some of the popular OG cuts like the planetary cuts seem like they have Sour in them. In pure form it pops up here and there.

People like new OG Kushes Basically if you want to introduce some new genetics to the socal scene it better cross well to an OG Kush.

Socal clubs are all about OG Kush. Bubba kush is probably the runner up. GDP and other purples aren't really given much spotlight at all at least down here. Just starting to see cookies but that's still a san fran thing. Sour D...eh, you don't see it much but some of the popular OG cuts like the planetary cuts seem like they have Sour in them. In pure form it pops up here and there.

People like new OG Kushes Basically if you want to introduce some new genetics to the socal scene it better cross well to an OG Kush.

whereabouts are you seeing cookies down here?

growhi

i like all the wacky names and stuff that these cali clones have ........................... its sort of an expression of the place its self , full of wacky people , and crazy ideas

its all very amusing

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
So tired of people on their high horses. Painting everything in black and white. "Cali is hype", "Herb is medicine", "Organic vs Synthetic". Blah, Blah, Blah.............Herb is what you make it. The world is what you make it. All we see is tiny slivers and claim to know the whole. Anything in excess can be toxic, especially "medicine". Ego is worse.

Without the market and hype. Most of those who earn a living off of this would be struggling. Most would also never have seen herb, unless there was a profit in it. Who would have taken the risk? Who would have cultivated the plants? Who would have preserved and spread the seeds?

In answer to the question: (1) OG's, (2) Sour, (3) Chem, (4) Purple, (5) Cookies

Those have been staples for a while. I threw the cookies in there because it's popular now, but there will be another one. Blue Dream was popular for a while. The first three are like the holy trinity in my opinion.

N

Nondual

Very well said Abja! Agree with you about the first three and the holy trinity thing.

As for the hype thing...sales are driven by the consumer. The ones that are popular stay popular for a reason because that's what people want. It's a reflection of the general market. Some things come and go. Will be interesting to watch how the whole Cookie thing unfolds.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
What I think doesn't matter - but these are the "Markets'" Faves, ATM, IMHO.

GSC -Durban Poison and other GDP relatives (Cherry Pie, etc)
OGK - Tahoe-Larry, et al./Chem/Sour D (same family)
Blue Cheese - Regular Cheese - new Cheese hybrids to come
Bubba Kush/Master Kush & related Earthy Indica-Dominant Strains
Blue Dream