What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

█☻☻ Pure Kush And Beso - Flood @ Drain ☻☻█

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
damn, i looked at the BESO descript on the bou and looked at your pics again KB and now i have ANOTHER strain on my wish list... :facepalm:

we need a facepalm emoticon... don't we ?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
did a super de leafing two days ago, already coming back!

all the leaves that i left are sugar coated, may start trimming those back as well....

Beso-

Pure-

I find in this type of growing style your going to want to remove the lower 1/3 of the plant.
Just because the light is not going to penetrate that low! You just want the top of the plant for the kola.
I plant 4 plants / sqft so my flood tray has 64 plants and I need to remove the lower 1/3 the plant and use some defoliation or I get unnecessary stretch and the WORST popcorn buds and i might add it also add it also helps in ventilation helping reduce the risk of mold. But if trimmed properly I get 64 solid kola's Ranging from 20-28G a piece!!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookn great krunchbubble!!!
kryptkeepa got the right idea i think, trim under growth and just a lil top canopy, looks great tho! keep up the good work!

Rowdy420

Nice first time pull on the E&B. Maybe less #'s with more veg time and supercropping with the above suggested trimming. Definitely a balancing act getting the maximum benefit outta each node.

Good luck, Peace

krunchbubble

Veteran
i changed the title of the thread because these plants are mislabeled.....

there is no Pure, what i thought was PURE, IS BESO........

the indica is Bog's SourBoggle.....

reminder, dont have people do your clones for you!

Last edited:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KRUNCH this looks great but ( as you may or may not know)....I'm strictly vertical now..but I defoliate, IMHO you just cannot take enough leaves.....I have seen in 3 rounds of vertical production the more I defoliate, the more I yield.....just my two euros ( their worth more than US Dollars)......great job.

On a side note...I have a gro- bro and I understand when things go...uhhhh...sideways?

krunchbubble

Veteran
about to be week 8. buds are not big at all, but i think i figured out what i did wrong. have some Beso going in another tray at 3-4 weeks and the buds look just as big as these...

the SourBoggle is just about done, will take it to around 70 days as i have to harvest a 4X8 tray of OGCHEM this weekend.....

--BESO--

--BOG SOURBOGGLE--

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
with nothing to gauge size on they look pretty good to me...

so what to you think you did to cause smaller buds...?

krunchbubble

Veteran
with nothing to gauge size on they look pretty good to me...

so what to you think you did to cause smaller buds...?

my D.O. levels were very low and i was flooding to many times a day, every 3 hours for 3 minutes 24 hours a day......

now i use H202 and flood 3 times for 3 minutes, during light on only...

OSBC

Were the roots brownish and how much h202 are u useing per gal n what% is it? Have u used flora shield or DM zone. If you would look in the infirmary at my post(white fungus on rapid rooters...) would like ur comments..

my D.O. levels were very low and i was flooding to many times a day, every 3 hours for 3 minutes 24 hours a day......

now i use H202 and flood 3 times for 3 minutes, during light on only...

Hey Krunch,

Awesome to see you kicking ass in hydro! I have gotten a wealth of information from your coco threads. Before coco, I have a couple years of running ebb/flow SOG with respectable results. I wanted to share my personal experience along with the logic and science to back it up.

The short version: flood more=more oxygen
flood less=less oxygen
caveat: keep roots submerged less than 15 minutes at a time.

longer version:

I have ran side by sides using both Rockwool and LECA to test the Urban Legend of overwatering in hydro; without fail my best results always come from the table flooded more frequently.

The science behind ebb/flow shows that new oxygen is mainly introduced via the flood/drain process. As the tray floods the old stale solution is displaced upwards out of the medium by the flooding water, as the tray drains, new oxygen is pulled into the medium via the vacuum created as water drains.

I had countless veterans read me the riot act and tell me I'm an idiot; but they run dirt because their Rockwool doesn't dry out fast enough for hydro and they say Rockwool is always over-watered.

By no means am I implying your method does not work; I just wanted to give you my real world results. Especially because I tested the difference in flood timing more than once with identical results.

I went thru the trouble of testing because science clearly shows more flooding equals more D.O.; while nearly everyone waits for the rockwool to dry out. This whole system changes in an organic medium; I did not achieve these results when using coco.

hope that helps....

OSBC

Q's

Q's

Kb.. What's ur thoughts on the 10micro 15 bloom gh.nutes? How r ya liking it? What ph r you running? What kinda water? Ro.. Ect..Have u ran dif gh ratios.? Ie 8-16...10-20.. And r u running dripclean with ur mix?

Keep it green:wave: