What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nomaad Presents- Greenhouse:2010

P

planty

Sup bro. Tom's mix is VERY hot...his first year out with it he burnt the shit out of his plants but still grew 5 pound SCBB plants...The mix does work..what's but remember in it? Black Gold, Perlite, Worm, Bone Gypsum...SUPER simple..if you wanted to use that much chicken and bone and work with any thing else or hit them hard with any liquid ferts you won't like your results...thats just my 2 cents after talkin with my bro who pulled in 100 # more than Tom in 2008 when Tom did the SSH and then bounced to Spain to start his seed company ( Miss you buddy! Come back to visit the Hill already ! )

I'm going to use fish meal, fish bone meal, nutri rich, kelp and a slew of biological products I don't really wanna get in to in your green house thread

B

Brain

2010 is going to be an interesting year. The changes on the horizon are scaring lot of folks. No way would I buy property right now. Boom economies go all go bust at some point, been that way since white man stepped foot in these hills. Salmon, timber, tan bark, bootleging, gold...pot?

We can help ourselves and vote no in November or we can stop complaining about 1800lb's. I'm a farmer so I say keep the price high. That's just me though. I know progress can be slowed but not stopped.

P

planty

Herb isn't a boom industry it has been one for a long time those with skills and genetics to set them apart will always be able to keep their price high

nomaad

Veteran
2010 is going to be an interesting year. The changes on the horizon are scaring lot of folks. No way would I buy property right now. Boom economies go all go bust at some point, been that way since white man stepped foot in these hills. Salmon, timber, tan bark, bootleging, gold...pot?

We can help ourselves and vote no in November or we can stop complaining about 1800lb's. I'm a farmer so I say keep the price high. That's just me though. I know progress can be slowed but not stopped.

Anybody who is scared of change, should put a bullet in their head. In my worldview, change is the only universal constant. I just roll with the changes as they come. Sometime the source of change is external and sometimes it comes from within.

I will vote for legalization for the simple reason that California is setting the stage for nationwide legalization... someday. there are still people, close homies and strangers alike, in prison or lives ruined by criminal records because they felt compelled to grow or sell a certain kind of produce. The sooner the distinction between this kind of produce and any other, the sooner many people will be able to get on with their lives. Will legalizing change the game drastically? yep. Will I find a way to be successful in the new paradigm? I don't see why not. Keep your eyes out for Chateau Nomaad Clueberry Grand Riserva 2009... when you care enough to send the very best. ;)

But honestly... national MJ prohibition is not going anywhere anytime soon. Anybody who thinks different, needs to put down that cup of Obama koolaid and get a clue. And with the vast majority of the ganja being grown in california leaving the state, the market will remain viable for quite some time. With the most recent MMJ state (NJ) passing a law that legalizes the herb into a draconian framework whereby you must be bleeding simultaneously from your ears, eyes and ass the day u visit the doctor, and all meds must be grown by and purchased from a government entity, I don't see the price of marijuana bottoming out any time soon.

diamondmine

PLanty: here is the problem with that strategy as I see it,. Many (if not most) strains, if put out a month early (April 15th vs May 15th in my area, if this does not apply to you, pardon me) they will begin to flower unless you use supplemental lighting to lengthen the day. Its also not just light... a cold snap in late May-early June last year sent one of my 100% indica strains into flower, even though the photoperiod was right for vegging. This may not apply to you... You may mean that its still too cold in midMay where you live to put them outside.

My plan is to have one round out there on March 1st that will begin to flower immediately. I am going to do all clueberry as its is my fastest finishing strain and should be done around May 1st.
There is 14 hours of sun in may will your mar-apr run finish flowering in time or go back into veg mode, or are you depping? Because I was thinking about doing the same.

About moving to your neck of the woods, this must be the area where the DA wont prosecute? Because I don't understand why people don't flock to the valley, lots of space for a few hundred. But anyways nice job makin it happen.

nomaad

Veteran
What valley? The county I live in follows state guidelines now rendered worthless by the recent supreme court decision. I have not decided whether or not to abide by the 6/12 SB420 rules just to be on the safe side, or go with my doctor's rec of 25 plants.

I think I might need to pull some tarp at the end of the March-April run... and it looks like I might need some supplemental (not for hours but for lumens) in March as I am unsure of what the sun will be like... I moved here in April of last year and, while still cool temps, the sun was great.

B

Brain

But honestly... national MJ prohibition is not going anywhere anytime soon. Anybody who thinks different, needs to put down that cup of Obama koolaid and get a clue. And with the vast majority of the ganja being grown in california leaving the state, the market will remain viable for quite some time.

This will definitely be the case as well as growing outdoor that can pass for indoor.

wotamess

'ssup nomaad!

cool to see a new thread... i'll trade you some for a sample of beau desordré lebanese cheese 2009!! lol... you a wine drinker?

:yes:

-wam-

P

planty

Grows not on private property are the #1 target to get raided here in Cali...I hope you find success.

B

Brain

Hovah- It's really easy guerrilla growing in the middle of nowhere. Even if it's your first time. Good luck, but you won't need it. Just bring lots of guns, CAMP loves guns.

B

Brain

Been thinking hard about this pot legalization thing. Why should we let them tax it? Why should we give up something that has is ours for so long over to the government. They can never have enough money to mismanage. True, families and lives get ruined when someone goes to jail, so lets decriminalize. But this Richard Lee initiative isn't really legalization anyways. Up to 1 ounce, 25 sq ft of cultivation space...um yeah, I'm sure us pot growers will follow the rules on that one and we will still face criminal charges if caught. This is just a scam for Lee to make more money. His agenda does not line up with the real organizations pushing for legalization. That is why there is a rift between them.

G

guest1ab

Been thinking hard about this pot legalization thing. Why should we let them tax it? Why should we give up something that has is ours for so long over to the government.

that is an interesting perspective.

nomaad

Veteran
Been thinking hard about this pot legalization thing. Why should we let them tax it? Why should we give up something that has is ours for so long over to the government. They can never have enough money to mismanage..

we "let" them tax everything because we are sheep. we even pay taxes that no law on any set of books in the United States of Amnesia says we are legally required to pay (Fedeal Income Tax.)

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
MaaD
Howzit..?? Just poppin by to peep see whats growin on... bbl peace..

sackO

B

Brain

all the more reason to vote no. There are 2 other bills out there that I haven't read yet. One is endorsed by a prominent pot lawyer. Either way, it's not an easy decision so one should not vote hastily.

Back on track- which greenhouse did you go with?

P

planty

I decided to go with 4x4 pressure treated posts and rolls of solexx..no kit will be laid out how I want exactly so I figure that framing exactly what I want is the way. I'm sure whatever you choose is fine..theyre all pretty much the same thing anyw ay