What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nomaad Presents- Greenhouse:2010

nomaad

Veteran
2009 was a great first season for me. Vini Vidi Vici- style. I guess i could take the next 5-6 months off, but I would simply not know what to do with myself...

So here goes. The Strains are:

The Cough
aka The Collins Cough aka The Hawthorne Cough: My all-time favorite strain. I got to know it in Portland, OR while I was living there. I was selling $25 grams of it at my McJob and my McCoworkers had never tasted anything like it. I was observed ranting about how much I love The Cough in another thread and somebody with the cut (from its original proliferator) got in touch with me... For that reason alone I will be indebted to ICM (and obviously, the people who are responsible for me having the cut) forever. This strain has absolutely no relation to the Strawberry Cough. The origin theory that makes the most sense to me is that its a cross of Neville's Haze and NL5. (2 Plants)

Pineapple Cough
- This was given to me along with The Cough. I was told I should just grow it out...see what I think. Its a Cough/Pineapple cross... Cough Pheno? The end smoke is supposed to be similar, but growing characteristics and structure differ somewhat... that's as far as I can remember. (2 Plants)

OG Kush #1, #2 & #3- The idea was to do a head to head to head comparison of three OG cuts. #1 comes from Humboldt via some friends and is supposedly the Tahoe cut. When it was given to my homie it was given with the rule that $100 dollars from every pound sold would go back to him. LOL. There are some strange deals and conditions in this business, but that one takes the cake. This Mom was in a 10 gallon pot in my outdoor garden and had started flowering much earlier than the rest of the stuff we cloned. She is just now starting to throw 3-fingered leaves... So many clones were taken from this plant that I won't judge it based on what came off that plant. I have smoked it when grown indoor by my friends and it is top notch OGK. Yield has been reported to be decent, but nothing to rave about. (2 Plants)

#2 came from another good friend in Mendo. It yielded 3.5 lbs in a 200 gallon smart pot. I will have a smoke report in a couple of weeks... the OG doesn't represent till it has a proper 4 week cure. (2 Plants)

#3 Came from the same guy as gave me the Cough. Supposed to be "the Best OGK... ever." We'll see. (2 Plants)

62 Day Sour Diesel- 3.75 lbs in a 200 gallon. I have not been able to find any info on the 62 day version except from a dozen growers up here. the ECSD is supposed to be 70-77 days... this stuff looks and tastes exactly like it. I am going to let it go to 70+ days and see what happens.

Blue Dream
- What can I say. This is a pleasure to grow and I absolutely love the smoke. Amazing yield. Closest thing to a holy grail commercial strain as I have found. almost 5lbs in a 200 gallon. (20+ Plants)

ClueBerry- This came to me in a batch of horribly mislabled clones at the beginning of OD:09... the plants that were labeled Blue Dream were Goo and the ClueBerry looks and grows exactly like the Blue Dream- until the 3rd or 4th week of flower they are completely indistiguishable. Its not any Blueberry that anybody who has seen it knows and we're talking about very knowledgeable people. The best theory we have come up with is that its a wannabe Blue Dream. Not the original cut, but a good try. The result is my favorite of all the smoke I have grown. Once there is a good 3-4 week cure on it, its absolutely amazing. Berry Funk at its best. This is the strain that, once smoked, the next person to enter the room will say "whoah... what the fuck are you smoking? I want some of that." Anyhow... its been officially renamed the ClueBerry and I would not be surprised if you hear about this strain some day. A lot of these clones have been shared out and they will be rocking in a number of outdoor gardens in 2010 (20+ Plants)

That's the rundown on strains... I don't think I have left anything out. Obviously, the majority of the run is going to be ClueBerry and Blue Dream. The head to head to head OG thig is just a little side experiment and the Cough will be progressively cloned from the two existing plants...

OK... here is the shameful shit. All these plants have been stuffed into a space that they outgrew almost immediately and spent about 6 weeks in. Had to do it, needed the space to dry lots of ganja. Everything but the OG's got enough nutrition from the 2 gallons of fresh Roots soil they were transplanted in... the OG's seem to be bigger consumers and therefor the most deficient. The Dreams and Clues did fine. This tells me that when I start really feeding, the Ogs are going to want more... this kind of stuff has been very difficult to figure out...which plants want more nutes than the others... its nice when an indicator pops up.

2009_1119-Veg-202.jpg

50 or so plants were crammed into the frame in the corner, enclosed with black plastic.

The biggest problem that came out of that cramped scene was a very healthy spider mite population. I am amazed that it wasn't worse... cuz I have seen worse, but it did get pretty bad, especially at the back, against the wall. All those planst were stuffed in there, pot to pot. I had a halide in there for a while, but replaced it with a T5 after a little bit of light burn on some plants that got too tall.

2009_1119-Veg-204.jpg

Shameful shit.

2009_1119-Veg-209.jpg

Spread out and much happier.

So... first order of business is obviously getting the ladies past the mites and bombing the fuck out of the room. I will also be addit Azatrol in the next watering which, depending on humidity, should be tomorrow.

Now... since this is a GREENHOUSE thread, I guess we should start talking about the Greenhouse. I am going to start building it sometime after the new year.

At the moment, I am looking at a Farmtek 26'Wx48'Lx12'H Gothic greenhouse with a propane heating kit.

106306a.jpg

By the time its shipped to my location and assembled, its going to be a $12K affair... that's the entire kit, including fans and heating system plus site prep, water and electricity to the spot.

I am open to other suggestions... I like the idea of a kit that I can take down and put up in another location. I also like the fact that I know what its going to cost, top to bottom before I start. Any kind of DIY project of this scale has the potential of getting out of control. Anybody know of another source for this quality greenhouse at lower prices?

The greenhouse will be used for supplemental light farming as well as light deprivation. I am working on ways to automate the light dep system... possibly using the breathable light dep material sold by Forever Flowering...

The overall strategy is to veg them big in the Garage... max them out in 10 or 15 gallon pots and then, sometime in February, move them out to the greenhouse and transplant into 65 and 100 gallon smartpots.

As always, I am open to all manner of questions, comments and advice. I hope that this thread is as much fun as my OD thread was.

*** The actual greenhouse building starts at about page 9 or 10.

%202009_1119-Veg-202.jpg

zenoonez

Veteran
Man Nomaad, I was worried I was going to have to go the entire winter without seeing any pics from you. Great news. I can't wait to see the ground breaking but until then I will sit back and take your hand outs with my head down like a beggar on the street :)

nomaad

Veteran
Thanks for popping in gentlemen... pardon me while I have this bitch teleported over to its intended home, the Growing in Greenhouses forum.

:abduct: :abduct: :abduct:

D

dorkvan420

NICE!!! I'll be sure to pull up a seat on this 1!!!.....seated!!!!

G

guest1ab

Nomaad's in the house!

Nomaad's in the house!

Hey didn't someone say something about an SOG setup earlier?

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
This is something I could busy myself with into oblivion. Just don't have the money or the property for such high aspirations. I do have the nosy neighbors with their kids and two ten pound doorbells though. To dream the dream! C'est la vie!

Namaste, mess

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been looking at greenhouses like that for future projects. I really like them. I'm going to love hearing about your experience with it.

G

Greyskull

i am sure you already priced them but the foreverflower maha is 35gs.... and its only 20x20

i have been looking into these conley greehouses recently... not sure if you've checked them out yet or not (though you probably already ahve been over their site 100s of times!) but maybe something good is in there for you

http://www.conleys.com/index.htm

i'm glad they are in the 909

staying tuned... you always do it big and right

nomaad

Veteran
i am sure you already priced them but the foreverflower maha is 35gs.... and its only 20x20

i have been looking into these conley greehouses recently... not sure if you've checked them out yet or not (though you probably already ahve been over their site 100s of times!) but maybe something good is in there for you

http://www.conleys.com/index.htm

i'm glad they are in the 909

staying tuned... you always do it big and right

i have not checked these out. thanks for the lead.

nomaad

Veteran
i have not checked these out. thanks for the lead.

The look very interesting. Kinda looks like forever flowering might have had them design the basic shell for their greenhouses... structurally they are very similar. There are no comprehensive prices onm the website and where there are some indications of price they seem a lot more expensive than the farmtek... they also seem to have more features.

pckg-exec-gable_250-3.jpg

this is what they call the Gable Executive Package... its 24x48 which is the size I am looking for... Guess I have to wait till monday to find out the price.

I very much like how the top of the gable opens up... one of the things that I don't like about the farmteks is that they have no way of letting off the hot humid air during summertime.

T

theJointedOne

right on Nomaad, way to stay busy.

I like the idea a pre packaged GH, Probably save you A LOT of headaches later.

Are you doing supp. lighting? or DEP? cant wait to see the results!

thread is subscribed

nomaad

Veteran
I am going to start with supplemental light in February... When that round is done, I will do a dep just like 2009..only hopefully finishing a little earlier.

Just an observation; Try to be a bit less incriminating. Personally, that was way to much info to give out. No one needs to know about so and so selling over priced grams at mcdonalds. You have to remember you are in the united states of DEA and they will rape you. Drug chemistry forums are especially strict on this, surprised its not really enforced here as much.

Dont mean to be a dick, just an fyi. You had some nice od shit, GL.

G

Greyskull

hey nomaad how do you like the t5s (they are t5s, yeah?) for veg?
have you ever used MH (ie 400)/what are the pros/cons in your experience

nomaad

Veteran
I was using an MH (granted it was an xtrasun ballast and cheap bulb) side by side with a 4xt5 (because that was what i had) and i would say that the T5 is actually better. if you factor in the heat and xtra power consumption, i could never see myself using an MH for veg again.

thanks keeper. the mites seem to be dead. i am still planning on bombing the room, but I have a bunch of things I am working on in there that mean I cannot keep the whole place buttoned up for 36 hours.