What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costco carport greenhouse

doublejj

Veteran
Kush

Kush

The Kush aren't doing so good. Lots of frosty leaves,but no good flowers forming. They look like they a destined to meet ACE & The Doper! Bubble Hash! Should be pounds & pounds of frosty hash makings!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bubble Hash:http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=144458

Peace
doublejj

Last edited:

Coco Budder

Wow nice Cali job bro! Hows the view from the top of the tent? could a chopper just roll over and see thru the plastic?

Sinecure

Wow nice Cali job bro! Hows the view from the top of the tent? could a chopper just roll over and see thru the plastic?

They probably could, but why would they? This is California. And even if they did, he has a legit coop going on.

Nice job JJ. I'm still curious about how you attach the plastic to the frame. Just zip ties? I like the looks of those clips too that someone posted. And the 'screen' - is that the material that came with the carport from Costco, or something different. Also, could you build the frame shorter? I have some good space in my back yard, with a level, concrete base, but it isn't 20' long. Could you build just a part of the thing?

:deadxmas:

doublejj

Veteran
Questions?

Questions?

To answer some of your questions:

No, you cannot see thru the plastic. It's opaque.

No fans.
Both ends are entirely mesh sunscreen from Home Depot. 100% ventilation, the breeze actually blows thru the greenhouse.

Yes, just zip ties, they work great & you can use as many as you want. Take another look at the pictures I posted. Your literally stitching the plastic to the frame.

I suppose you could leave one of the sections out & shorten it, but the width would be hard to change.

Peace
doublejj

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

well done, K+

I bought one of those @ Sam's Club about 5 years ago,
never used it because of potential snow load I now see
the best use for it.......

matkins1234

Wow man, looking pretty nice, my friend grows outdoors year round in SoCal and gets amazing results. I was just wondering what kind of buds you get in the months of December, Jan, and February, as those are the months that his outdoors yield the smallest.

doublejj

Veteran
OK buds

OK buds

Thanks everyone

Well, I got a couple of pounds of 'OK' buds off of the Hi/Jam Hybrid's, all of it went to patients for medicine. It was very good smoke, they just didn't form-up really big fat buds. But since it is all for med patients & not re-sale, it was not a big problem.

The Kush all went thru "The Doper". Everybody loves hash!:joint:

Peace
doublejj
P.S. The Doper: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=144458

T

theJointedOne

great job djj

i am going to take your advice and get one of these. Hopefully get a dep going. right on bro, peace.

doublejj

Veteran
Construction Update

Construction Update

Before I put more plants out into the greenhouse this March I will be adding some clothesline up & down every couple of feet, as additional 'rafters' to support the plastic roof when it rains. The poles are just too far apart, & the plastic sags & catches rain. I'll post pictures when I get it done.

Peace
doublejj

OU812

Can this frame be secured to the ground? Sunk in concrete, or something similar?

I live in the southwest, and not only does it get hotter than hell, 75 mph winds are not uncommon.

FireFly22

Nice Work Doublejj,
I got me one of those carports last year and never put it up in fear that the neighbors would see in. I noticed that the side wall is the grey plastic, is that right? What direction is your gh orientated? They seem to like it!

doublejj

Veteran
Answers

Answers

Hey guy's, glad you enjoy it. I can't wait to plant again this Spring!

Yes, the carport comes with 'feet' for the poles. The 'feet' have holes in them, so you could anchor it.

I'm not sure how many 75mph windy days this would take. It is just plastic. The good news is you can re-cover very cheaply if necessary.

The side walls are the same 6mil plastic as the roof. You can't see thru it.

The greenhouse sits E/W with the long side facing South.

Peace
doublejj