What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5-panel drug screen?

rob feature

Howdy folks,

I was just wondering if anyone knew about 5-panel drug screens. I guess I hit the job search a little too early and just landed (err if I get through this one last thing) an amazing gig with a great company in only 3 days, but the catch is they want me to take a 5-panel screen. I would have quit a lot earlier, but I never imagined this job would come my way so quickly. I figured it would take at least a month.

The recruiter who found this job for me told me about this kinda last minute. The principal and recruiter want to hire me tomorrow (test won't be until next week at the soonest) but he sprung that on me and I was kinda honest with him - told him I'd partaken at a company party last weekend with the company owner (not untrue). He was very cool with it and told me he'd try to find a way to work through it - delaying the test or something...if they even test for pot. Thing is, until a few days ago, I was doing dabs on a daily basis, mostly just in the evening, so I don't have time on my side. I do have some though.

I'm going to have to pass this test to make it official. Aside from synthetic urine, would you folks happen to know of any products available to help speed the process? Money is not a factor here.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most products are masking agents. Some are more effective than others and supposedly have money back guarantees. However, when reading about products and opinions, numerous don't pass.

Dilute urine by drinking water the day of your test and drinking lemon water starting now. Take a Vitamin B for urine color same day as drinking water pre-test.

Had to take a saliva test (far more sensitive than urine). Shows instantaneously.

Good luck.

rob feature

Thanks for the reply aridbud. Good stuff. And on 2nd thought, I'm not sure why I was so quick to discount the synthetic stuff. If it works, I can probably find a way to keep it warm.

rob feature

dependz if they watch you pee or not. had one...guy waz outside stall watching with door open. tape it to your leg

Sheez. Seems like at some point that would be flat out illegal. This isn't for the courts - it's for a tech position with a fortune 100 company. This is also in Colorado.

Maybe I need one of those synthetic wangs :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When in SO CO, I ran into similar situation, had 126 ng/mL after a few days smoking reprieve. Didn't get the job, but figure it wasn't a job I'd really want after having to do random drug tests for healthcare career for decades.

Cannabis consumption is still not 'legal' and legal as all get out to drug screen applicants or employees. Even though a tech job, it's a risk management situation to 'weed out' undesirables. Good luck!

Maybe stave off from dabbing. I know tests are looking for obvious use.
50 ng/mL is the cut off for cannabis.

X

xavier7995

Sheez. Seems like at some point that would be flat out illegal. This isn't for the courts - it's for a tech position with a fortune 100 company. This is also in Colorado.

Maybe I need one of those synthetic wangs :)

I used the quickfix brand of fake pee in a similar situation. They dont watch you for pre-employment screens in my experience. Heat the little bottle up to about the right temp, attach hand warmer to bottle, ace bandage it around upper thigh (been a while but i think they asked you to empty to your pockets but didnt really check), be calm and go to the place and squirt the fake pee in the cup and then a little squirt into the toilet (they looked at the toilet after i went). Temperature is the key.

rob feature

When in SO CO, I ran into similar situation, had 126 ng/mL after a few days smoking reprieve. Didn't get the job, but figure it wasn't a job I'd really want after having to do random drug tests for healthcare career for decades.

Cannabis consumption is still not 'legal' and legal as all get out to drug screen applicants or employees. Even though a tech job, it's a risk management situation to 'weed out' undesirables. Good luck!

Maybe stave off from dabbing. I know tests are looking for obvious use.
50 ng/mL is the cut off for cannabis.

Fortunately I happened on a really awesome recruiter. He's stalling for me :dance013:. And I'm a really active dude with low body fat so maybe I'll pull it off. On the dabbing, yeah, for sure. I quit altogether when I started putting out resumes last weekend.

Good to know that cutoff. Not that I will be able to quantify my levels with a home test kit, but I'm gonna raid Walgreen's in a few days and pick up some test kits to maybe give me an idea. I expect lab work, but they may just dip some sticks and call it macaroni.

rob feature

I used the quickfix brand of fake pee in a similar situation. They dont watch you for pre-employment screens in my experience. Heat the little bottle up to about the right temp, attach hand warmer to bottle, ace bandage it around upper thigh (been a while but i think they asked you to empty to your pockets but didnt really check), be calm and go to the place and squirt the fake pee in the cup and then a little squirt into the toilet (they looked at the toilet after i went). Temperature is the key.

Good to know. And good to have options. Yeah, I didn't figure anyone would monitor me that closely, but you really never know. I don't want to lose this opportunity so I'm trying to do whatever I can. If the fake stuff works and is undetectable that almost seems like the safer bet - as opposed to hoping I come in under 50 nanograms

armedoldhippy

Veteran
some companies will tell you there is a test & then just toss it if you got the balls to go through with it. others ignore a positive for THC, worrying about meth/pills etc. job market is tight, they may just look the other way...good luck! :tiphat:

rob feature

some companies will tell you there is a test & then just toss it if you got the balls to go through with it. others ignore a positive for THC, worrying about meth/pills etc. job market is tight, they may just look the other way...good luck! :tiphat:

You have a good point. I haven't searched for a job in a while and have been floored at how many offers are coming my way - good ones too. I literally couldn't keep up with all the calls and emails. Good problem to have though.

rob feature

After a bit of thought, I've decided that the synthetic route is probably going to be the way to go. At best I'm going to get 2 weeks on this and that just makes me super nervous. I mean, how hard can it really be to get the basics of urine right? That said, I'd love to hear any further advice along to that end. I'm going to hit up some more reputable purveyors of such goods tomorrow and would love to have an idea of what to look for and what to avoid. Fortunately this might actually be the stoner capitol of the good ol' U S of A with probably a better selection of shops here than anywhere else. I know about the whizzinator, but beyond that, I"m pretty ignorant of such things.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UPass fetish urine.

Works like a champ. I've never not passed a test I had to take. Though it has been a number of years.

rob feature

UPass fetish urine.

Works like a champ. I've never not passed a test I had to take. Though it has been a number of years.

I have heard of this one. Seems like Quick Fix is the crowd favorite, but good to hear of your, uh, positive experiences with UPass - thanks for that!

rob feature

Good luck!

Thanks, but unfortunately I probably don't get to lean on luck this time. I'm thinking the 'take my own' approach is my only hope here. I've been marinating in wax for years. I have no way to test my levels at regular intervals leading up to the test. And even if I did, the statistics are against me. It just seems like the only logical choice at this point.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have heard of this one. Seems like Quick Fix is the crowd favorite, but good to hear of your, uh, positive experiences with UPass - thanks for that!

I learned of it from my brother from another mother. Who learned of it from the guys he worked with a few years ago at a factory that were subject to random testing. So 70+ guys was a good enough sample size for me to believe in it.

rob feature

I learned of it from my brother from another mother. Who learned of it from the guys he worked with a few years ago at a factory that were subject to random testing. So 70+ guys was a good enough sample size for me to believe in it.

Good stuff!

Ya know, the more I read about this stuff, the more it appears that the testing companies are not able to tell the difference as long as the prescribed process is followed closely. Quest's highest level of testing doesn't even appear to be able to tell a synthetic from a real sample. They do test for adulterants with specimen validity testing, but that's looking for masks. I have read about the shake test and smell, but are most of these folks actually going to open up the jar and have a whiff? That's just nasty. Beyond that, it raises issues of contamination.

rob feature

Again right from Quest:

...If synthetic urine can be successfully substituted for real urine in the privacy of the collection site restroom, unfortunately there is often little that can be done to prevent the substitution of real, human urine that is free of drugs and drug metabolites. Again, this reinforces the need for highly trained, professional collectors who are qualified and capable of helping to ensure a legitimate, subversion-free specimen collection experience....

...In summary, technology alone cannot solve the issue of subversion of the urine drug testing process. Combining a variety of tools and tactics is the best strategy to help thwart drug test cheaters and maintain drug-free, safe, and productive workplaces. Employers should select a provider who offers multiple drug test specimen types, specimen validity testing, and collections performed by well-trained, professional collectors.

https://blog.employersolutions.com/combatting-cheating-in-urine-drug-testing/

Latest posts

Latest posts