What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

EsterEssence

Veteran
Going to look at the sample ballot today, do some trimming, cruise around the property in the golf cart, look at the empty gardens and greenhouse. It's supposed to be in the 70's today gotta love the so cal weather. Listening to my Itunes collection on random Little Feat right now. Gotta love a mellow country lifestyle...

St. Phatty

Time to chop the Last Sativa Standing, a Blue OG cross that went very Sativa.

It is now in the Shadow of Death, as the sun falls below 25 degrees Altitude most of the day & she simply lost the sun.

Could move it, but then I use up a favor from a friend for a very doubtful return. The Blue OG is looking pretty static.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking at pictures of Wet Shaker Tables.

Uploaded one to the Funny pictures thread -
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=475463&stc=1&d=1541114724

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIgDtFJJ2-E

/\ That shows sort of the basic idea though I think in that video they're just separating metal chips at a machine shop.

I emailed Mandalay, who bought Elgin, who bought Bjorkdal, to ask for pictures of the Bjorkdal shaker tables. They are about 5 x 10 feet and I think are some of the best in the world. They used their tables to separate 1 million ounces of Gold, then they got bought by Elgin.

The Bjorkdal facility is 100% clean, the opposite end of the spectrum from Barrick. Barrick uses Cyanide Heap Leaching and destroys most of the places it operates.

I need to put my Gold Hog to work and get enough concentrates to use a contraption like that! From what I understand, there are tons of flour in my local rivers. I need to find me a spot or two to claim 'round here.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. Flushing a Sweet Tooth and feeding the rest this morning. Need to get this done cause the leaves have hidden my yard. I will be raking and mowing this afternoon. On the run right now.....later...

St. Phatty

I need to put my Gold Hog to work and get enough concentrates to use a contraption like that! From what I understand, there are tons of flour in my local rivers. I need to find me a spot or two to claim 'round here.

Claiming a spot can be a team effort. Firearms might help & they might not help.

One of the old guys I learned about river mining from is a retired Vietnam Special Forces vet.

Spent lots of his employer's time telling me about his river mining & also some war stories.

He is professional - clears 1/4 ounce to 1 ounce+ every outing.

Used a high end metal detector to find streaks in the river.

Being 6'6", pretty much an unbeatable combination. Would pack in his dredge etc, process a few tons of river gravel to end up with a few 5 gallon buckets of concentrate. Then take that home.

He could do it as a one man operation, partially because of his size.

I have no desire to follow in his footsteps but I think his methods would be useful to a 2 person operation.

20 outings a year for 20 years & he's sitting on a few ounces.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Hey Pute!

Hey Dykster. Another Cabana member on here. As you can tell I haven't been posting over there. OP and I got into a bit of a disagreement and i walked away. I am just a mod there and he is one of the owners of the site. So I won't go back.

I wish everybody well there and no ill feelings on my part. Hard to walk away from 7,000 posts but I like it here.

St. Phatty

At 2 AM in the morning, there was a sound of Angry Critters outside the window.

Possibly warring over the bag of Cat Kibble I left next to the garage.

Then there was the smell of skunk spray coming through the open bedroom window.

Which was very quickly closed.

Fortunately the Cat Kibble bag was barely breached.

Not too surprising, a bear got the chicken's Cracked Corn feeder.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Claiming a spot can be a team effort. Firearms might help & they might not help.

One of the old guys I learned about river mining from is a retired Vietnam Special Forces vet.

Spent lots of his employer's time telling me about his river mining & also some war stories.

He is professional - clears 1/4 ounce to 1 ounce+ every outing.

Used a high end metal detector to find streaks in the river.

Being 6'6", pretty much an unbeatable combination. Would pack in his dredge etc, process a few tons of river gravel to end up with a few 5 gallon buckets of concentrate. Then take that home.

He could do it as a one man operation, partially because of his size.

I have no desire to follow in his footsteps but I think his methods would be useful to a 2 person operation.

20 outings a year for 20 years & he's sitting on a few ounces.

DAMN! Wish I'd have gotten into this sooner when there was a lot more precious metals in the ground. HA!
I've a Minelab Equinox 800 for doing exactly as the gentleman you describe above... as well as coin and relic shooting. I'm still a newb at it and want to go take a course with Bill Southerlan(d?) in the AZ desert. :boggrin:

Time for a wake n bake. hehe

I loves me a good skunk nearby!
But don't get too close Pepe!

EsterEssence

Veteran
Gonna go feed my daughters critters, while they are off playing in the sand. Do a little trimming. Sat morning westerns, a bowl of cereal and hopalong cassidy what could be better than that...

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning. Happy Shatterday.....

Cloudy and light rain falling here. Looking like an inside kind of day. Glad I got a bunch of outside chores done yesterday.

So, I guess I will mix soil and up-pot. No trimming for the next 10 days....yea!!

Wife is cooking breakfast and the dog is barking at a coyote out back. Guess I am gonna have to remind Mr Coyote not to come around. BB in the ass works well. Ever since a coyote killed one of my cats they get reminded not to come around.

Lights are coming on and breakfast is ready.....BB later....

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Morning,

Sitting in the hot tub with coffee and a fatty of something good.

Wrecked myself yesterday. Loaded a wagon by myself. Largest item was water tank which has a pump mounted on it. 300 lbs. Loaded it myself. Pulled rib muscle, lower back, and bicep. Then I proceeded to drop a bucket pin on my foot breaking my big toe. Got it all done though. Most of the farm is cleaned up for winter. Which is good because I have no idea how the hell I'm getting out of this hot tub.

Looks like a day of beer and ice packs.

Have a great day everyone!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Dam Lester. Farming can be tough. Sounds like you've got a loader.
Hope you're doing ok.

I still have some water lines to blow out to be ready for winter.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Afternoon all. Have been watching College Football and working in the dirt. Oh, washed pots first....almost forgot.

Gonna need supplies at the grow store next week. Even need a bale of sunshine 4... Every time I go in there I drop $100 or more. You know you are in trouble when everybody knows you by your user name on here and you never need help finding what you want. I know the store better than most employees.

Been raining on and off all day. Just warm enough not to be snow. If I went 10 miles west up into the mountains they are getting hammered. Some places will get between one and two feet today. Skiers are loving it.... I used to love to ski but to expensive and won't put up with the traffic going to and from.

It is saturday mid afternoon and I haven't smoked a thing yet....I need to rectify that right now....might even crack open a beer.

St. Phatty

DAMN! Wish I'd have gotten into this sooner when there was a lot more precious metals in the ground. HA!
I've a Minelab Equinox 800 for doing exactly as the gentleman you describe above... as well as coin and relic shooting. I'm still a newb at it and want to go take a course with Bill Southerlan(d?) in the AZ desert. :biggrin:

There's still a lot of Gold in the ground.

For example, if the Oroville dam were to break as it almost did in February 2017, with 3.5 million acre feet of water moving through those canyons, that would remove dozens of feet of top sand-gravel-rock, revealing plenty of Gold underneath.

But they fixed the dam so the opportunities are elsewhere.

Water weighs 8 pounds a gallon so when there are thousands of gallons a minute in the rivers, new streaks of Gold are un-earthed and created.

Was going to contact his wife because she does house cleaning, which I need a lot of. Maybe he will consider training or apprenticing.

I've been looking for a metal detector myself. Mainly because a neighbor's gold mining friend told me to. I notice that's part of the Zen of gold-mining. People tend to volunteer accurate information in conversation all the time. My teachers are all the people I've met who showed me their craft. Which is not to say I'm anything more than a wannabe - my total recovery is measured in milligrams.

I've been thinking about a little recreational gold panning myself, i'm in the right state for it after all, just hard to find places that aren't all panned out without heading deep into the boonies, most of the sites open to the public were historically dredged by heavy machinery, so places like Arappahoe Bar are kinda a waste of time unless you're just looking for practice.

My hair is awful, even buzzed off it doesn't cooperate.

Latest posts

Latest posts