What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

killed my seedling

drgreenthumb00

I'm new to growing. so I have lots to learn. i accidentally killed my new seedling. 2days sprouted. chopped off leaves.
I already have a new seed germinating. what's the likelihood of this surviving?

gotta love wasting seeds. lol
<slams head against wall>

Attachments

• 20180901_192639.jpg
    20180901_192639.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 18

MrBungle

That lil one looks to be a lost cause, it looks like the soil is pretty wet...

I like me seedling soil to be moist and springy when I push my finger into it...

Just take your time and only add small amounts of water at a time with your next seeds.. I might even consider using a small dropper or pipette to start

Streft

Low... but we grow an amazingly resilient plant. I'd let it try I hate wasting plants. Give it a few days if she greens she might pull through and then it would be a bonus. Good luck!

drgreenthumb00

I just thought it would be some humor and put a smile on someone. I know she's a gone.

Mr bungle the soil was barely damp. I might be a rookie but know enough not to over water seedlings

drgreenthumb00

New seed is already in water germinating... I'll update later if she pulls through. miracles do happen .lol

agentpot thanks for the laugh:dance013:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Live and learn, m8.

One seed at a time tho.. Is that it? Doesn't leave you with much to play with or choose from, should anything go wrong or if your one seed turns out to be a male.

drgreenthumb00

So it appears she is still alive and growing.
Transplanted to a Dixie cup because I needed the bucket for another seed.
It's lambs breath autoflower from crop king seeds.
Already developing a nice root.
Transplanted with some mykos.
Definitely appears to be attempting to grow new leaves.
It's going to be interesting to let her keep growing and see what happens.
Attached a Pic which was initially posted and two recent pics.
Prefer not to transplant autos. Oh well. lol

Attachments

• 20180901_192639_20180904184905765.jpg
    20180901_192639_20180904184905765.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180904_182805.jpg
    20180904_182805.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180904_182948.jpg
    20180904_182948.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 21

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Its the first two dicot leaves that can get a bit pinched in the seed case, especially in too dry air conditions, its those that you snapped the ends off. They are extremely brittle.. Vegging plants need watering less often than you think as they have hardly any leaf biomass to transpire and really want to be in pretty high humidity.. The first two proper leaves are always waiting just behind the dicot leaves.

drgreenthumb00

@Lost ... interesting. I guess I agree with you. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll grow out. Sucks she's an autoflower. Likely will turn into a small yielding dwarf. Only time will tell. I was almost tempted to rip it out of the soil after I chopped the stem.