What's new

What happened to my cannabutter?

H

Hoatzin

Hello,

I have only made cannabutter a handful of time in the past and when i did i used trim.
I simmered it with butter for a few hours and it worked out well.

This time i tried something a little different but i'm not sure it worked properly.

I melted the butter in simmering water as usual but instead of putting trimmings in, i crumbled some pressed hash into the butter and then simmered it for a few hours, as usual.

The result looks a little funny though.... the butter has some blotchy hash colored patterns through it, it looks like it didn't blend the same as usual.

Does anyone have experience with this? Will it be ok, or does it need to be simmered for longer?

H

Hoatzin

Do you think it will still have it's proper strength the way it is, or should more simmering help?

Would that long of simmering do the decarboxylation ok?

Thanks.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I usually simmer mine in the crock pot all day. 6 to 8 hours.

Also, I decarb my pot in the over before I make the butter.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I guess the oils in the hash did not blend with the butter that way. I hope you at least crumbled the hash before extraction. Never tried doing cannabutter with hash, but I read lecytin helps in this case. I also hope you manage to get something usable out of this!

H

Hoatzin

Yes, i did crumble the hash but i didn't do the decarboxylation in the oven first.

I'm wondering if i should simmer it for longer or just leave it?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, if it's still cooking, it's been 2 days. LMAO

I assume you'll be making brownies or something with the butter. If so, it will decarb a little when you bake the brownies.

H

Hoatzin

It's not still cooking :biglaugh:

I have it in the fridge, but am wondering if i should heat it again.

Latest posts

Latest posts