What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Josh D OG

Dog Star

Veteran
Need to be grown at sun and dont water them too much or maybe just water
on repoting and later not... think on outdoor on sunny place..

modern strains can be fire if everything else is in balance..

Sugar Punch i growed outdoor and it wasnt rain for 2.5 months in hottest part
of summer,plant survived +43 C and 2 weeks of high temps,still she growed
to 3 meters high,shes bottom shaded by other plants that growed around
her didnt aloud she go totally dry and was give some turbo potent buds..

am sees its not such strain related but more enviromental stress and drought,real sun real result..

maimunji

Need to be grown at sun and dont water them too much or maybe just water
on repoting and later not... think on outdoor on sunny place..

modern strains can be fire if everything else is in balance..

Sugar Punch i growed outdoor and it wasnt rain for 2.5 months in hottest part
of summer,plant survived +43 C and 2 weeks of high temps,still she growed
to 3 meters high,shes bottom shaded by other plants that growed around
her didnt aloud she go totally dry and was give some turbo potent buds..

am sees its not such strain related but more enviromental stress and drought,real sun real result..

Can you confirm same clone indoor not so potent?
To me potency is genetically based. I found many plants looks like shit hit like punch.
I smoke a lot outdoor throught years. My friends buy a lot every mounth all different stuff. Everything in my country is outdoor grow from local growers buying seeds. No fire there confirmed. Rare can found something that can beat my indoor in potency. Soil sun everything is great for growing weed exept laws.
I can't risk my freedom growing outdoor finish robber or busted.
But i agree outdoor vs indoor sunny weed can be more potent if everything is in check

maimunji

Also reading carefully your post you make me think if something don't kill you maybe make you more potent said with my poor English.

Dog Star

Veteran
Am didnt made side by side experiment with same clone but i was observe...

and am also read that plants that wasnt watered too much have better kick..

sun is different than lamp... and cow shit and bioactive soil can help much..

black soil,wormcastings,kelp,etc.. naturals give best..

then you need longer flowering strains if you wish to sense real potency..

am not sure your climate is best for them.. even mine sun and climate dont aloud
me to grow those longer flowering that can bring huge potency..

hybrids can be superpotent but not every pheno,thats if you tryed to breed and grow
later personal work you can easily found true..

later generations can be maded better or toward more potent side so maybe look in
IBLs as they are worked for longer..

now you have Heri,she busted mine balls from indoor smoke.. from outdoor if maded
great i will even avoid her.. she knows to be real potent.. block thoughts weed..

maimunji

Thanks for sharing your experience dog star. Discussion maybe not happening lets watch how this man grow beautiful plants.

Cantharellus

OK so after running the plants here are the results. 9/11 females of which 2 showed signs of intersex. Those 2 were culled leaving 7 females. There was alot of variance and 5 out of the seven were hay. I always wondered what people were talking about when they said the og was a viney plant. Now I know. It has branches on branches and has to be trimmed up during veg to keep from having a mess in flower. The branches are weak and don't support the weight. It seems like the way to grow it is a scrog so for my second run thats where I am going. The two I have kept for a second run are very nice plants. One is a rare plant for me. It holds its outstanding flavor from one end of a joint to the other. It is super pine/cedar. I am sure its the best but am gonna run these two against each other and see. The second plant is more sour/fuel and is a lungbuster. The keepers for me were minimal stretch. Both plants are 10 weeks flower time. After the second run I will post some pictures and a smoke report for others who are growing this to see what my selection looks like. It was painful to throw out 5 out of seven plants as really something that was not even worth smoking. Gonna make some butter with it. Its really hard to believe these five were related to the other two. Flavorless,not much resin, fairly loose triangle shaped buds. These were the bad ones for me. If you are growing Josh D OG be prepared for pleasure....and some serious pain. Maybe its because the dude named the strain after himself...I almost didn't buy it because of that. I wish I would have went with the banger or karmdown but I got a really nice plant out of the 1 pack I bought. I have been smoking joints for 42 years now and plants that hold the flavor from end to end like this have been rare. So I have to say the pleasure was worth the pain.

maimunji

Very nice report many thanks for sharing. Sadly you don't share more pics with us im really sorry if im the reason because my English isnt very good and somethimes i want to say something but can't.
Anyway.

Cantharellus

Dude it is OK I accept your apology but really no need for it. Pretty pictures are nice to look at but really I have seen a thousand plants that looked good...very few really are. For all of these plants a sample at 6 weeks was very accurate. If it had flavor and punch at 6 weeks it was good. The ones that did not were hay.

Cantharellus

This line will require a pack or two at least to find a winner. I can't run numbers so its very painful to have to search through bad plants. Your chances of finding a good plant by planting one seed are low.

The pine at 23 days flower

Attachments

• IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1208.JPG
    IMG_1208.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
This line will require a pack or two at least to find a winner. I can't run numbers so its very painful to have to search through bad plants. Your chances of finding a good plant by planting one seed are low.
The pine at 23 days flower

i gotta run 1 or 2 packs to find a winner - that's b.s. - that means i didnt buy seeds from a breeder, but from a pollen chucker... shit man... i can chuck pollen

707OGBUSH970

I ran 20 Josh D's and a good 15 were keepers. The others not so great, but thats a solid run, I felt like. The best ones were some of the best Lemon Pledge Pinesol goodness that rivals any OG I've had. It sucks not to find a keeper every time if you only run a couple plants, but having to search a couple packs is not uncommon.

Cantharellus

Zach thats just not true. Some lines throw out nothing but mediocrity. There are alot of strains out there that all you will get is B+ and B- and will never see an A. Some lines are different. Its also the luck of the draw. Your posts often are full of I am not even sure how to describe it other than they are never positive or constructive.

I am just giving my experience with what I bought. I wish I would have had 7070's complete or even halfway complete report to go on maybe I could have done a better job with mine.

So 7070G so you ran 20 and 15 were keepers were they fem's ? Were they reg"s and 15 out of 20 females and they were all good ? Please help me there I am a bit confused with what you say. I had 9 out of 11 female which was great. If you go back a page and read my report you will see I am trying not to complain and just state the results. I do not feel bad about the purchase at all. I would definitely purchase karma gear again and have tried but what I want just sold out at the last place that had it...

Yes I believe I have a lemony pinesol one also its getting a third run . I described it as sour/fuel...

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Cantharellus... u r rite, i'm not so positive when it come to breeders as my experiences havent been great- in '1' pack u should find numerous keepers- as 707og said in 20 seeds (guess 2 packs) he found 15 keepers... i usually run 2-3-4 fem seeds sometimes (as with josh d), i only had room for '1'- i'll run her again to see if i can improve...

and i wish i could be way more positive running seeds , as i was with a cheap/cheap nirvana 'jock horror' - the seed was probably 2bucks, and the shit was ass-kickin- being old and stupid, didnt take a cutting, and despite running at least 2+ packs, and buying the orig jack herer, never found anything close to it.. and u would think spending at the time 150/175 bucks to sensi for the orig jack , i would find at least one pheno at least as good... didnt happen-

OG.Gotti

Veteran
I've was having a hard time trying to decide between getting packs of Josh D or KarmaRado.. Finally went KarmaRado.. Anyway I'd be happy to find a keeper a pack but to run 1 seed and not find a keeper is hardly the basis to state that you must run multiple packs of this line to find something worth keeping.. My 2 cents...

Cantharellus

The Pine day 50

Attachments

• IMG_1246.JPG
    IMG_1246.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1248.JPG
    IMG_1248.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 2016 07 31 15.31.33
    2016 07 31 15.31.33
    60.7 KB · Views: 48

Cantharellus

The fems should be more consistent overall I would think. I wonder if 7070 grew fems or regs. He never responded after he said 15 out of 20 were keepers...