You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Fiddynut's indoor jungle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2017, 03:58 AM #41
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
small animals out in the wild can be a problem
plus being a guerrilla grow, not being noticeable is key
/ i dont know how deep in the bush you are growing but in my area there is nothgin truely wild
one thing i would do is piss as often as i could around the area i plated in
/gross i know but to an animal in teh canyon all they smell is danger
i would also collect my dogs hair and spread that around the area
an old timer i knew had problems wiht deer and told me to use a panty hose filled with dog/ human hair and hang those from a tree
because i was growing kind of close to an urban area i didetn want to leave any sigh of ...well anything
so instead of encapsulating the hair i would jsut leave tufts in bushes
if you choose to use chicken wire (which i also used) get the oldest rustiest pieces you can
new wire sticks out like a sore thumb in the canyons, but old rusty wire blends right in

best of luck brother
pop_rocks is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:01 AM #42
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
Fiddy
I have good luck with 30 gal tubs outdoors. about ten dollars at the depot. I put two 4inch sewer t connectors in the bottom of one tub and set another tub on top of the t's cut a hole in the middle of the top tub the size of a 6 inch net pot. pack the pot with rock wool and fill with soil. the bottom tub holds about four gallons of water i throw an air stone in the bottom to keep it sweet but outdoors you might not need to if it drys out some. I leave them for a week without worry.
Rodehazrd
how are oyu powering the airstones?
that sounds like a sweet set up
in a 30g tub with a good supply of water, i bet you were growing some monsters!
pop_rocks is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2017, 06:39 PM #43
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Quote:
Fiddy
I have good luck with 30 gal tubs outdoors. about ten dollars at the depot. I put two 4inch sewer t connectors in the bottom of one tub and set another tub on top of the t's cut a hole in the middle of the top tub the size of a 6 inch net pot. pack the pot with rock wool and fill with soil. the bottom tub holds about four gallons of water i throw an air stone in the bottom to keep it sweet but outdoors you might not need to if it drys out some. I leave them for a week without worry.
Rodehazrd
Good morning Rodehazrd.
That sounds like a gangster set up for sure. I've seen people use stacked 5 gal buckets like that but they get top heavy and don't hold enough water to last very long. Great idea. I enjoy DIY projects like that.
Your report of having a tomato plant change the taste of a ganja plant growing side by side is also very interesting. Last year my bro was trying to disguise a few mj plants out in his back yard with some tomato plants and I was told that they didn't mix well but because they attracted the same kind of bugs or something. Very interesting that they can interact like that. I have been tempted to grow a tomato in my flower tent but not anymore. Good to know...Fiddy.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2017, 07:07 PM #44
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
small animals out in the wild can be a problem
plus being a guerrilla grow, not being noticeable is key
/ i dont know how deep in the bush you are growing but in my area there is nothgin truely wild
one thing i would do is piss as often as i could around the area i plated in
/gross i know but to an animal in teh canyon all they smell is danger
i would also collect my dogs hair and spread that around the area
an old timer i knew had problems wiht deer and told me to use a panty hose filled with dog/ human hair and hang those from a tree
because i was growing kind of close to an urban area i didetn want to leave any sigh of ...well anything
so instead of encapsulating the hair i would jsut leave tufts in bushes
if you choose to use chicken wire (which i also used) get the oldest rustiest pieces you can
new wire sticks out like a sore thumb in the canyons, but old rusty wire blends right in

best of luck brother
Good morning pop_rocks.
Yep the rabbits, squirrels, chip monks, and all the other little guys around here are always hungry and looking for food after starving all winter. The young tender plants wouldn't stand a chance without some help I think. As long as I got a little way off the beaten path I don't think I'd have to disguise them too much. It's gets very overgrown and there is so much brush and nothing green really stands out because everything is so green. In fact they may not get enough light to grow very well because it's so overgrown. It would just be bad luck for someone to come across them. They would have to get close to spot them or follow a trail left by a grower. The hair and piss are good ideas. My wife has some all natural deer and rabbit repellent spray but I think it needs to be reapplied pretty often. Great tip about using old weathered chicken wire. The shiny new stuff would probably stand out in the lush green of the brush as well.

Anything interesting on the menu this weekend. Not sure what I'm going to do on Sunday without football to watch. Kind of funny when football is over I always wonder what I did on Sundays for the rest of the year. Then spring comes and I remember that there are things like disc golf, bike rides and other outdoor activities to be done. Have a great weekend...Fiddy.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:24 PM #45
Sunny FL Indica

Sunny FL Indica will become famous soon enough
As mentioned upthread, doge hair is the way to go. I don't get much since she's a brittany, but a neighbor friend has some muts which shed an incredible amount of hair - and since he was the one that introduced me to guerrilla growing he passes me off some.

And yes, pests (both rabbits, wild boars and, well, humans) do mess with the plants, as can mother nature. In south central Florida there are tons of areas that are still wild. Some of the grows I've done have been a good 20 - 30 minute hike into the forest, and some are less than 50 yards from the road. One thing though, especially with these mild winters, we don't have starving rabbits and squirrels lookin for food. It was 80 yesterday, though we have 4 days with a high only in the 60's, with the exception of those storms last weekend its been just amazing outside the last few months.

And yes, it sucks to miss your yungins growing up - but stealth is of the up most importance, so its set it and forget it. I use an old style hand-held GPS only device and will never take my phone when I'm on safari (well, I lied, I take the phone but turn off the phone completely before i leave my house and put it in the glove box in case I have a car emergency - don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere).

@pop - great idea about the piss. Never thought of it - but anything to put a human scent in the area will help keep critters at bay.

And just remember, mother nature (or god, your choice), gave us this plant, and when we got the gift, it was naturally grown in the sun. 100,000 years ago when our ancestors first started smoking the plant, they didn't even have houses, let along DTW or DWC or the latest LED lighting.

Don't get me wrong, my first and foremost way of enjoying pot is with my vape pen because nobody knows and theres no smell to it so I don't catch shit from the woman (who, BTW, is amazing in every sense of the word for everything else in my life), but given a choice, there's nothing like a big doob of sun grown weed.
Sunny FL Indica is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2017, 09:21 PM #46
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Hey Guys hope all are well
Pop I just hang a cheap aquarium pump on there for the bubbler. I may stop using the stone and just stick a hose in there. they do clog up in the end.
my experience outdoor with pests has been mixed. I think the scent products work but they sure are proud of them. and reusing after a rain can be a pain. Liquid Fence worked best for me. and pissing everywhere. I had ground hogs and deer. I saved urine to take along in jugs pouring it up high on the brush is good. Little things pee down low. bigger things do it higher. anything does it up way high must be a bad ass. Anyway that's my story.
I grew the plants up without topping and then when they were about 5 foot I break it about two feet up and anchor it down. a little tape on the crack is good if it opens up. the buds all turn up and the whole deal stays low, three trips one to plant and one to bend one to harvest. I never thought I carried enough water to make any difference.
Rodehazrd
Rodehazrd is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:41 PM #47
Fiddynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny FL Indica View Post
As mentioned upthread, doge hair is the way to go. I don't get much since she's a brittany, but a neighbor friend has some muts which shed an incredible amount of hair - and since he was the one that introduced me to guerrilla growing he passes me off some.

And yes, pests (both rabbits, wild boars and, well, humans) do mess with the plants, as can mother nature. In south central Florida there are tons of areas that are still wild. Some of the grows I've done have been a good 20 - 30 minute hike into the forest, and some are less than 50 yards from the road. One thing though, especially with these mild winters, we don't have starving rabbits and squirrels lookin for food. It was 80 yesterday, though we have 4 days with a high only in the 60's, with the exception of those storms last weekend its been just amazing outside the last few months.

And yes, it sucks to miss your yungins growing up - but stealth is of the up most importance, so its set it and forget it. I use an old style hand-held GPS only device and will never take my phone when I'm on safari (well, I lied, I take the phone but turn off the phone completely before i leave my house and put it in the glove box in case I have a car emergency - don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere).

@pop - great idea about the piss. Never thought of it - but anything to put a human scent in the area will help keep critters at bay.

And just remember, mother nature (or god, your choice), gave us this plant, and when we got the gift, it was naturally grown in the sun. 100,000 years ago when our ancestors first started smoking the plant, they didn't even have houses, let along DTW or DWC or the latest LED lighting.

Don't get me wrong, my first and foremost way of enjoying pot is with my vape pen because nobody knows and theres no smell to it so I don't catch shit from the woman (who, BTW, is amazing in every sense of the word for everything else in my life), but given a choice, there's nothing like a big doob of sun grown weed.
Good afternoon Sunny.
My dog has really short thin hair but my brother has a lab that sheds constantly. He sheds enough that we'd have an endless supply. I think I'll start a collection.

Do you ever run across any crocodiles or gators out when you are checking your plants. That would freak me out big time. I don't mind snakes but the teeth on those big lizards are scary. The only animals that could hurt you here are bear and mountain lion and they seem to avoid people so your usually ok.

You are making me jealous with your reports of nice weather. I love it up here but the 3-4 months of winter are not my favorite part. Winter does make you appreciate the other seasons and theirs nothing like that first nice spring day after being shut in all winter.

You are right that cannabis has been around since long before we were and it doesn't need our help. Finding a variety that is adapted to the climate you are trying to grow in is probably the best we can do. That and discourage the wildlife form eating or trampling it.

What kind of vape pen are you having luck with. I've been looking to upgrade my pen soon and am looking at options. I usually put wax in my pen but would love to be able to vape some flower in one as well. I have a myster pen that I use but I'm not happy with the burners they are making now days. I've got an old vapeone with bags that I use around the house but it isn't portable.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:05 PM #48
Fiddynut

Quote:
Hey Guys hope all are well
Pop I just hang a cheap aquarium pump on there for the bubbler. I may stop using the stone and just stick a hose in there. they do clog up in the end.
my experience outdoor with pests has been mixed. I think the scent products work but they sure are proud of them. and reusing after a rain can be a pain. Liquid Fence worked best for me. and pissing everywhere. I had ground hogs and deer. I saved urine to take along in jugs pouring it up high on the brush is good. Little things pee down low. bigger things do it higher. anything does it up way high must be a bad ass. Anyway that's my story.
I grew the plants up without topping and then when they were about 5 foot I break it about two feet up and anchor it down. a little tape on the crack is good if it opens up. the buds all turn up and the whole deal stays low, three trips one to plant and one to bend one to harvest. I never thought I carried enough water to make any difference.
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
Great idea putting the piss higher up and saving extra to take with you. It makes sense that the animals would pay attention to what the scent is and where it is as well. I'd think deer would be the biggest threat late in the grow since they are tall and I've herd they love the buds.

It sounds like you have it pretty dialed in with only 3 visits. The breaking/bending technique sounds great. Kind of like the LST I did on the autos I'm growing. I suppose you are right that it would be hard to take enough water to really make a difference.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:16 PM #49
Bobbo4200

Bobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant futureBobbo4200 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddynut View Post
Good morning Bobbo4200.
Looking through your grow journals it's clear you give your plants plenty of love. Really some beautiful examples of some great genetics. My goal is to grow some frost monsters like that someday....Fiddy.
Hey Fiddy,
Thanks for the kind words brother, and yes spread much love and give them some of your time. You'll be rewarded throughout the grow all the way down to smoking that terrific bud you grew.

Connoissuer Genetics Test Grow of OGs1 x GSC, done.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=293971

Connoissuer Genetics SSSDH, on going.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=281698

Connoissuer Genetics Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem, on going.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=313723

Connoissuer Genetics SD x Casey Jones x OG Chem, done.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312851

Ace Seeds Malawi, Golden Tiger.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=322077
Bobbo4200 is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2017, 08:13 PM #50
Fiddynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo4200 View Post
Hey Fiddy,
Thanks for the kind words brother, and yes spread much love and give them some of your time. You'll be rewarded throughout the grow all the way down to smoking that terrific bud you grew.
Thanks Bobbo.
I just have to keep my tents packed like yours and keep listening to my plants. If I do this and keep reading here on icmag I think I'll get there.