What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Real OLD SCHOOL - Cherry Oil

axle2u

This threads been an interesting read.. I'm a new-timer but grew up with the stories of the red leb hash and cherry oils of the day.

I did a quick google and this might be something to look into as a matter of fact. It's all hearsay and rumours, but perhaps something worth mentioning. They state it could have been a type of rosin.

https://cannabisnow.com/one-hash-oil-rosins-grandpa-herban-legend/

there is some validity to your statement, I believe

I have read somewhere a couple different times, that leads me to believe that original authentic cherry oil- (is red, tastes like cherries)....
could have been made from a strain of weed in abundance in Lebanon.....apparently very big heavy presses were used there, making hash and oil....

as well as the actual weed used could have been Pakistan Citral Kush strain, again in abundance and in the kush regions...
probably manufactured in afganistan ...close by

also, I believe that it was more or less....BOEL was involved

furthermore, I have also read the CIA systematically sourced and shut down...1 by 1, manufacturing facilities with heavy presses
in Lebanon I think, maybe 1 or 2 in the US, same ring
6 presses in total ive read...

that's about the time red cherry oil disappeared...
coincidence, maybe....I don't really know its all just speculation at this point...

but yes, absolutely validity in what you are saying

thanks,

axle robot

axle2u

This threads been an interesting read.. I'm a new-timer but grew up with the stories of the red leb hash and cherry oils of the day.

I did a quick google and this might be something to look into as a matter of fact. It's all hearsay and rumours, but perhaps something worth mentioning. They state it could have been a type of rosin.

https://cannabisnow.com/one-hash-oil-rosins-grandpa-herban-legend/

great link, very interesting read
especially click on the 10 comments made on that article

did you read the comments...?
also good stuff tidbits of info

thanks pal,

-axle

Hashishh

great link, very interesting read
especially click on the 10 comments made on that article

did you read the comments...?
also good stuff tidbits of info

thanks pal,

-axle

I was going to mention them as well. Seems a lot of people are saying much the same that's been said on here. I wonder if you could find any rosin on the market similar to it?
I know of a book called Hashish! By Robert Clarke and I wonder if it makes any mention to cherry oil as it talks about the red Lebanese that was around at that time. Ill have to ask around and see what some people around here say.

On that Pakistan Citral Kush, I've been trying to hold back on buying a pack of them from Ace for a while. A few of their landraces pique my interest so it's hard keeping an order under 200 bucks ha. If I ever get around to growing it I'll have to do some experimenting lol.

axle2u

I was going to mention them as well. Seems a lot of people are saying much the same that's been said on here. I wonder if you could find any rosin on the market similar to it?
I know of a book called Hashish! By Robert Clarke and I wonder if it makes any mention to cherry oil as it talks about the red Lebanese that was around at that time. Ill have to ask around and see what some people around here say.

On that Pakistan Citral Kush, I've been trying to hold back on buying a pack of them from Ace for a while. A few of their landraces pique my interest so it's hard keeping an order under 200 bucks ha. If I ever get around to growing it I'll have to do some experimenting lol.

yes, I hear you on that one.....cost over runs...lol
im afraid to know what ive actually spent in the past few months
getting my grow set up....going on

ive bought seeds, 15 in a pack....about $100 CAN
from swami....I wanted to go with a distinctive "cherry" pheno
so I selected cherry bomb ...original mr. greengenes, from swami

out of 15 seeds germinated, I had 5 grow,
3 of which turned out to be male, and had to be destroyed
so that left me with 2 plants female (they are doing good-still veg. stage)....but still only 2 plants...

ive built a custom metal rack system for lighting....at my work place (im welder so that was handy)...
then built a custom cabinet to enclose said metal rack....
the cabinet cost me about $250 in materials, lined with (mylar -$50)....bought a clone system,
2 sets grow lights (fluorescence bulbs - $250) dirt, pots, nutrients, clone dip....ect ect...

I think im at least $700 , - 2 plants
however, most of its intial set up costs

I fully intend to process into high thc, resin oil...tasty
I prefer a thick viscosity myself, thicker the better

my end product will more then likely be a light reddish brown
not red, but will have cherry phenos -terps

my next experiment grow, will be the pakistan citral kush for sure, definitely interested in that one.....
google that bud, and look at the colors at maturity...purple-red

and the one after that will be, the Lebanese Red landrace
don't know where I can source that yet, but im at least a year away from that...
at the same time im also working on uncovering red oil recipes, which I have 2 so far....
so im hitting it from both ends...recipe and material (weed)

also, the stuff you can buy at dispensaries today they call cherry oil....is bullshit, pure bullshit -not even close
I had real authentic cherry oil, late 70s a couple times...so I know first hand... they call it cherry oil, because of its reddish tinge
this is likely due to winterizing honey oil...so basically its just honey oil, winterized....has absolutely nothing to do with cherry oil

cherry oil of the late 70s-early 80s.....was devine
expensive, but delicious, tasted like cherries, smelt like it tasted when burned, clean, great euphoric high....and red -yes red
it was called cherry oil because of the way it taste and smelt
it actually smelt like cherries when you burned it

it was on the scene for a short while, then all of a sudden gone
never to be seen or heard of again....we're talking 38 yrs or more

im trying to revive, this lost art
and can do with all the help I can get....
there are some on here that remember that stuff too...

it made appearances in NYC as well as Toronto....so international cities with major international airports -signs of a ring
that ring I believe was BOEL -speculation there

be sure to let us know about the book reference, if you discover anything more related.....thanks so much

-axle robot :biggrin:

axle2u

BOEL set up hash oil factories in Lebanon.

ya....im pretty sure that they also
had a hand in making the red cherry leb oil back in the day,
of course that is pure speculation, but a hunch

it would be nice to know for sure
what material that was made from, from the start of the process
it would be a landrace, im guessing grown in bekka valley
left late in the season to turn red at maturity....made into hash
then pressed into oil....that sounds about right, but again speculation

axle b robot

Gry

Number one was the first oil I saw. paid 20 a gram in the day when lids were 12 bucks between friends.

Really nice Lebanese hash used to go for 3 bucks a gram.

axle2u

Number one was the first oil I saw. paid 20 a gram in the day when lids were 12 bucks between friends.

Really nice Lebanese hash used to go for 3 bucks a gram.

that's cool to remember back to those days,
I too have fond memories, premium smoke.. it always expensive,
regardless of what it is...

oil only came around once in a while...
same as gold seal hash....

once I came across some fine ass leb blonde hash....had like what I would describe as pine terps...
wow was that stuff tasty...and knocked you off your feet....
and a few times cherry oil....the real stuff
great, great stuff....

I had some real thia stick once too, bought that in Thailand, '93

ya, I must say over my life time, ive had some really really
good stuff.....lol

but I think we all have .....lol

axle b robot

axle2u

Sounds interesting.
:lurk:

Maybe there was some CBD (associated with cherry flavors) in there and I'm thinking possibly over ripe to get the color.
Just a guess though...

thanks MJ,

what kind of CBD (phenos and/or terps) were you thinking
that may or may not be associated with cherry flavor....?

what made you think that in the first place....?

curious....how you arrived at that...

this is exactly the kind of insight im looking for...

any more thoughts on it..?

thanks pal, :biggrin:

-axle r robot

Hashishh

yes, I hear you on that one.....cost over runs...lol
im afraid to know what ive actually spent in the past few months
getting my grow set up....going on

ive bought seeds, 15 in a pack....about $100 CAN
from swami....I wanted to go with a distinctive "cherry" pheno
so I selected cherry bomb ...original mr. greengenes, from swami

out of 15 seeds germinated, I had 5 grow,
3 of which turned out to be male, and had to be destroyed
so that left me with 2 plants female (they are doing good-still veg. stage)....but still only 2 plants...

ive built a custom metal rack system for lighting....at my work place (im welder so that was handy)...
then built a custom cabinet to enclose said metal rack....
the cabinet cost me about $250 in materials, lined with (mylar -$50)....bought a clone system,
2 sets grow lights (fluorescence bulbs - $250) dirt, pots, nutrients, clone dip....ect ect...

I think im at least $700 , - 2 plants
however, most of its intial set up costs

I fully intend to process into high thc, resin oil...tasty
I prefer a thick viscosity myself, thicker the better

my end product will more then likely be a light reddish brown
not red, but will have cherry phenos -terps

my next experiment grow, will be the pakistan citral kush for sure, definitely interested in that one.....
google that bud, and look at the colors at maturity...purple-red

and the one after that will be, the Lebanese Red landrace
don't know where I can source that yet, but im at least a year away from that...
at the same time im also working on uncovering red oil recipes, which I have 2 so far....
so im hitting it from both ends...recipe and material (weed)

also, the stuff you can buy at dispensaries today they call cherry oil....is bullshit, pure bullshit -not even close
I had real authentic cherry oil, late 70s a couple times...so I know first hand... they call it cherry oil, because of its reddish tinge
this is likely due to winterizing honey oil...so basically its just honey oil, winterized....has absolutely nothing to do with cherry oil

cherry oil of the late 70s-early 80s.....was devine
expensive, but delicious, tasted like cherries, smelt like it tasted when burned, clean, great euphoric high....and red -yes red
it was called cherry oil because of the way it taste and smelt
it actually smelt like cherries when you burned it

it was on the scene for a short while, then all of a sudden gone
never to be seen or heard of again....we're talking 38 yrs or more

im trying to revive, this lost art
and can do with all the help I can get....
there are some on here that remember that stuff too...

it made appearances in NYC as well as Toronto....so international cities with major international airports -signs of a ring
that ring I believe was BOEL -speculation there

be sure to let us know about the book reference, if you discover anything more related.....thanks so much

-axle robot :biggrin:

Out of curiosity, have you thought of trying to press rosin? I've never done it and have little knowledge but I wonder how much tonnage you would need on a press? Being a welder myself I've made a few pipe benders with a bottle jack for certain projects and wonder if a bottle jack might do it?

I'm getting genuinely curious on the subject as I remember my dad making mention of it a few times but I'm not sure it's the same oil you're talking about. Ill have to ask him next time I talk to him and see what his thoughts are.

I agree it does sound like something of a trafficking ring whether BOEL or another as it made its way into a lot of cities in Canada as well as the states and overseas I believe.

Im worried now as the strains have been diluted in those regions so to speak so you may never be able to recreate it 100%. I've had some old schoolers try the "imported" hash from various sources. All marketed as black afghan and Moroccan. They say its close but just not the same. It makes me question whether it actually is import, and if it is - how much different are these plants from 30 or 40 years ago?

Food for thought!

axle2u

Out of curiosity, have you thought of trying to press rosin? I've never done it and have little knowledge but I wonder how much tonnage you would need on a press? Being a welder myself I've made a few pipe benders with a bottle jack for certain projects and wonder if a bottle jack might do it?

I'm getting genuinely curious on the subject as I remember my dad making mention of it a few times but I'm not sure it's the same oil you're talking about. Ill have to ask him next time I talk to him and see what his thoughts are.

I agree it does sound like something of a trafficking ring whether BOEL or another as it made its way into a lot of cities in Canada as well as the states and overseas I believe.

Im worried now as the strains have been diluted in those regions so to speak so you may never be able to recreate it 100%. I've had some old schoolers try the "imported" hash from various sources. All marketed as black afghan and Moroccan. They say its close but just not the same. It makes me question whether it actually is import, and if it is - how much different are these plants from 30 or 40 years ago?

Food for thought!

hey there, fellow welder...that's cool

ya...for sure ask your papa about old school cherry oil...
see if he even remembers hearing about it back in the day
late 70s early 80s...ish

I don't know much about rosin, but I do know someone on here ive had the pleasure to meet here,
is extremely knowledgeable in all things cannabis. There are a few people ive been talking with here....real experts..

I will refer you to graywolf, my friend....
seek him out and ask away....that guy knows his stuff

ask him tonnage required, get back to me
maybe I can help you design something to rig up in your shop..
bounce some ideas across back n forth, till we get something

axle -out

Last edited:

jayd

id heard that old school cherry oil was made in thailand from a rare strain then exported mainly to usa and canada. about 15 years ago there was a guy online who sold it along with 2 other types of oil. he was called oil of paradise and a well know canadian MOM used to stock his products

axle2u

id heard that old school cherry oil was made in thailand from a rare strain then exported mainly to usa and canada. about 15 years ago there was a guy online who sold it along with 2 other types of oil. he was called oil of paradise and a well know canadian MOM used to stock his products

I also wondered about Thailand strain being used...
there IS a strain called Cherry Thia....

-yes, this oil was very exotic, whomever was responsible for making it was very talented, knew what they were doing,
and produced mass quantities of it in a short time....then got shut down for whatever reason ....
whether they got caught, or had run into material supply issues (no more weed) is unknown at this point.

the particular strain of cherry bomb im growing is rumored to have a possible cherry thai in its lineage at one point,
I don't know that for sure or not either....lol

but I am determined to crack the code....1 experiment at a time

there are a few other land races id be poking around with
in the near future,, to the same end goal...PCK and Red Leb are my 2 next choices for material to grow and process,
hopefully by that time, I will have a few more recipes in place...
as well as teach myself how to run a moonshine still, producing my own source of 190 proof food grade alcohol...

also, 1 of the recipes ive read (and didn't save link to) on another site was a detailed and lengthy process of extraction...
called for checking PH balance, using some sort of acid, and I think a sodium bicarbonate of some kind to neutralize acid,
then there are specific temperatures, and a second process with ethanol, to finish product...

reportedly delivers a cherry type taste to it...

my theory find the right material (cherry phenos, terps, color)
find the right recipe....maybe winterize maybe not...
maybe charcoal filter, maybe not....

sooner or later, I will get very close to it.....might take a few years tho....
unless somebody out there, comes out of the woodwork...
and says this is how we made it....haha
now wouldn't that be nice....lol

axle r robot

axle2u

my latest run, just a basic ISO 99 frozen extract, filtered , cured
scraped up, heated till thickened.....

bud was berry white, hybrid berry og crossed with white widow I believe

tasty and potent....smells sweet like, when ya fire it up....lol

picture.php

axle2u

1/2 oz....processed into 2.5 g of good resin oil
a higher yield then anticipated....
(typically I get around 10% yield, which would be around 1.4g)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Moreover, the brotherhood was not content merely to smuggle and market hashish. Under the guidance of one of its chief chemists, the brotherhood developed the manufacture of an even more potent product called marihuana or hashish oil. In the course of our investigation, six such hashish oil laboratories were seized. A typical labratorv such as that seized at Escanaba. Mich., could produce approximately 21/2 quarts of hashish oil per day. Normally, a single drop placed within a regular cigarette would constitute one dose, and approximately 15,000 doses could be derived in this way from 1 quart.

Marihuana— or hashish— oil was first encountered in February 1972. Since then the number of exhibits received has increased and so has the potencv as measured by the percentage of tetrahydrocannabinol
(THC) present. During fiscal year 1973, 49.3 pounds of the drug were seized with an average THC content of 46 percent. This is a highly potent and concentrated hallucinogenic substance which can be manufactured with relatively simple equipment. As such, it must be regarded as a novel and threatening shift in marihuana abuse which should give those who advocate its legalization cause to re-think their position.

A total of six hashish oil laboratories were seized, along with over 30 gallons of hashish oil and approximately 6,000 pounds of solid hashish. Of these six laboratories, four were being operated within the United States, three of which were in California and one in Hawaii. Two others were being operated within foreign countries; one in Costa Rica, and one in Afghanistan.
https://belhistory.weebly.com/smugglers-blues.html

axle2u

thank you, interesting eh....

still trying to guestimate, the material that might have been used at the time, (weed)...to try and replicate it somewhat

I often thought, of red leb hash oil, pressed from hash
thereby (red leb landrace of some kind) OR possibly
PCK grown in the kush regions, near Afghanistan, trucked in and processed in a lab in Afghanistan using the PCK as material
(PCK -Pakistan Citral Kush)

if you look at images of matured PCK, you can almost see the redness in the flower/leaves sticky with trichomes...

my next 2 experiments after the cherry bomb experiment
will be these 2 variations of material (weed)

axle2u

picture.php

one of my original cherry bombs -destined for resin oil
experiment # 1, -old school cherry oil

im hoping the terps in this grow, will become a distinct flavor in the oil extracted.

of course since the start of this project, I have a few other choice strains to acquire and experiment with....
I will target landraces of becca valley (Lebanon) cherry red leb, AND ...the Pakistan Citral Kush -PCK
I believe these 2 different strains could have been the material used to create 70s style authentic cherry flavored, red oil....
completely managed by a ring BOEL during the era

at this point, its only speculation
-but to me a worthwhile venture.......:biggrin:

axle robot

Latest posts

Latest posts