What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most narcotic strain against insomnia

early_bird

Veteran
Everybody is talking about strains, but has someone tried to isolate certain Cannabioids ?
Certain Cannbinoids have unique boiling Points.
  • CBG: 126°F / 52°C
  • THCa: 220°F / 104°C
  • CBDa: 248°F / 120°C
  • Δ9THC: 315°F / 157°C
  • Δ8THC: 350°F / 177°C
  • CBD: 356°F / 180°C
  • CBN: 365°F / 185°C
  • THCv: 428°F / 220°C
  • CBC: 428°F / 220°C
Some time back i played arround with a Volcano Vaporizer to get certain effects, why avoiding others.

For example as i had a light bronchitis i vaped at arround (?) 140 °C so i didn´t get high but my lungs opened and i get a great feeling.

Another time i was aiming at a relaxed feeling without getting high but i have just grown almost pure sativas.
I put the bowl on the Volcano and put it on the lowest setting where you get high normally at arround 160°C (?) with no whip or ballon attached. The Terpenes, in special the THC which would made you high just get blown into the room, thanks to the buildin fan in the vaporizer.

After that i remove the bowl, warm it up at 210°C and this time i inhalate ;)
All psychoaktive terpenes are gone at this moment, behind are mostly cannabinoids which give you a relaxed or sleepy feeling (see table above).
This was very interesting, i didn´t get high but get an amazing body relaxation, the weed was completely different from what it would have been smoking or vaping at normal temps. With this method, even my Sativa strains made me feeling really relaxed, i got great results out of it.

I used THC-rich Sativas, really curious what happens if you try this with a knockout strain.
Bottomline is, you can change the effect of cannabis in a extreme manner by isolating terpenes with temperatures.

But a Vaporizer with stable temps and a build Fan is needed to blow the terpenes away and cut them down or up at a certain ranges.

For example you want a terpene which boils at 150 °C

1. Put your Vaporizer to 130-140 °C and boil all terpenes below. Get into consideration that no vaporizer ist super exact here, get a margin by experimenting.

2. Put your Temp at 150° C (or little above) and boil just the terpene you are aiming for.

3. May repeat with other terpenes higher up, and combine at your preference.

hamstring

Veteran
Its hard to find a real knock out indica. In my opinion you are not going to find it in a clone only strain its going to be a pheno search from seed.

Almost everything I see online in clone only strains are cookies hybrids. I have smoked Wedding Cake, Animal Tree, GG4, Sherb Cream Pie, Trop Cherry ( not a cookies hybrid).

They all have good potency but nothing like a straight up knock out indica. Staring into space, cant move and don't want to. Everything is sparkles and purple colors now. Potency is not important to the clone purveyors anymore . I guess we can blame ourselves for that though.

Potency should 1st, 2nd and 3rd when breeding in my opinion.

Asentrouw

As mentioned multiple times before already:

Most broad leaved indicas taken at amber, work very good for me. I think that's the easiest way to make sleeping meds.

Indeed Black Domina, Mohammed, Herijuana, Afghan #1, Spoetnik, Aurora Indica, other Northern Lights/Afghan/Hashplant crosses, the likes mentioned before. Typical couchlock/knock out strains, with mostly body effect do the trick.

But some hybrids with a bit more sativa in it also have a relaxing influence for me, that can help to calm down and eventually sleep. Strains like AK47, Blueberry, Bubblegum, Blue Monster work very well for me. They hit more on the head, but mellow me out nonetheless, making it much easier to get into sleep.

As an occasional user I sometimes prefer a slow relaxing comedown over a hard couchlock/knock out effect, which can be somewhat overpowering with lower tolerance.

It all remains relative ofcourse, because outside the strain it's also a difference how it's grown; indoors/outdoors, early/late harvest, temps, lights, pheno's, etc.

I'd really like to try the Uzbek Taskenti strain sometime. I've came across it's name across the boards and by the descriptions it must be something really special in terms of effect.

I'd recommend some of those Bodhi's '88 G-13/HP1 crosses. The Deep Line Alchemy series, especially.

Generally everything with the Hash Plant in it works. I'm also super interested about the Puck lines from Crickets and Cicada Seeds. I miss having the kind of experiences @therevverend described! Even though nowadays I usually steer towards the electric and uplifting effect profiles... I still get insomnia from time to time.

Some of the oldschool lines sold by Sensi Seeds to this day, like Shiva Skunk and Black Domina, lack potency - but they are still good for some late-night relaxing. Sometimes it's better to wind down with some of the duller stuff.

I can't report on the quality of Sensi's Mr. Nice G-13 x Hash Plant, though. Somehow I got the idea that they went into a different direction with their current selections, and that their version doesn't have the extreme effect profile I'd be looking for.

need4weed

Veteran
Something that doesn't often get a mention is dynasty's huckleberry ibl strain. It's high quality and very medicinal. It's used as the backbone of a vast majority of his hybrids for good reason