What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedboutique stock NOW AVAILABLE at REAL GORILLA SEEDS.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I've asked Kal about it and he essentially confirms what I found in posts from Chi- the modern mix and the ultra mix similar if not identical. Ultimix is almost entirely gf x bb, mf, etc from that earlier era. Ultra is most likely from the '14-'16 era, Jack, blockhead, ss, different blueberries and perhaps the chem line.

Dogtown

Hi Vape-pro, how old are your Mextiza packs? Where did you score those packs? Are you going to make an grow report? Open pollination would be very nice to see!

Please keep us updated

I've asked Kal about it and he essentially confirms what I found in posts from Chi- the modern mix and the ultra mix similar if not identical. Ultimix is almost entirely gf x bb, mf, etc from that earlier era. Ultra is most likely from the '14-'16 era, Jack, blockhead, ss, different blueberries and perhaps the chem line.

The ultimix sounds like a pretty good deal..when u say mostly gf x bb etc. this is the same as chims straight gf x bb line just not 100% identifiable so it's tossed in the mix bowl? Any other info anybody has regarding possible percentages of each line per pack or the possible lines that would b in the packs? Thanks..peace

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Nice Vape-pro!
Great idea Panikz!

Do you know when the new seedbay is ready to be launched?

I am meeting our web tech guy this week to talk through a few things and put some finer detailing in with him im hoping not to long 1-2 weeks we should be live,.. maybe sooner:dance013:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
The ultimix sounds like a pretty good deal..when u say mostly gf x bb etc. this is the same as chims straight gf x bb line just not 100% identifiable so it's tossed in the mix bowl? Any other info anybody has regarding possible percentages of each line per pack or the possible lines that would b in the packs? Thanks..peace

The percentages regarding something like that would reallyyyy tough to figure out. These mixes are comprised of unidentifiable seeds after harvests and flips/getting separated from the herd. There's no way to know. Kal also mentioned C4 and Calizhar as possibilities in the ultimix. Ultimix = think older lines. Ultra/modern = think more recent.

The percentages regarding something like that would reallyyyy tough to figure out. These mixes are comprised of unidentifiable seeds after harvests and flips/getting separated from the herd. There's no way to know. Kal also mentioned C4 and Calizhar as possibilities in the ultimix. Ultimix = think older lines. Ultra/modern = think more recent.

I'm liking the possibilities more and more of this especially considering the possibility of the lines in there..which I'm sure would b pretty easy to identify..thanking u..peace

BlackBuds

Thanks so much bsgospel and PANIKZ. Can't wait to get these crackin. :tiphat:

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Ultimix is a play on the word Ultimate

This was the name of the mix pre~2016

Around that time I started using the ModernMix, simply to denote the mix had more SS and newer hybrids.

The mix seeds are always great, they come from the floor of the drying room and were often the most mature, dark seeds ready to fall out of the flowers at harvest.

Sadly they lose the heritage in the process, so we bundle them up for bargain hunters.

Nothing wring with these seeds at all, it's simply a surprise in every pack - thus the discounted price.

Every single seedline ends up in the mix, it's an ever evolving mmix of whatever is coming down and we can't guarantee the seedline. I have a rule and that's any time a bowl of seeds loses its tag, it goes to the mix- guessing isn;t good enough for me, and it's should be good enough for you!

BlackBuds

Ultimix is a play on the word Ultimate

This was the name of the mix pre~2016

Around that time I started using the ModernMix, simply to denote the mix had more SS and newer hybrids.

The mix seeds are always great, they come from the floor of the drying room and were often the most mature, dark seeds ready to fall out of the flowers at harvest.

Sadly they lose the heritage in the process, so we bundle them up for bargain hunters.

Nothing wring with these seeds at all, it's simply a surprise in every pack - thus the discounted price.

Every single seedline ends up in the mix, it's an ever evolving mmix of whatever is coming down and we can't guarantee the seedline. I have a rule and that's any time a bowl of seeds loses its tag, it goes to the mix- guessing isn;t good enough for me, and it's should be good enough for you!
Thank you Chimera. Part of the fun for me is the discovery process and this adds another dimension to that. Im hoping it will be a good intro to your genetics for me. :dance013:

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
Two of the best and most unique plants I ever grew came out of a single pack of ultimix about 10 years ago, one was very similar to the uk cheese cutting and the other was a spicy/musky orange scented super resinous and productive.

BlackBuds

Yep checked a pack today and it is indeed Ultimix.. not Ultramix

Yep that indeed is what the label on the pack says. Thanks for all the free seeds with the order :) I havent grown White Widow since like 96! Still one of my all time favorites when I crossed to a Chitral. :tiphat:

Rexel

bonus

bonus

Order 10 packs (10/10) from real gorilla.. got ALOT more then i payed for! Sick bonus for me that is going to hunt phenos in the sssdh line from rez.

I wood

Some germination info.

World of seeds.
Killimanjaro 0/3 zero germination.
South African Kwazulu 3/3 100%.
Wild Thai 0/3 zero germination.

Gypsy nirvana.
Khmer gold 0/3, second try 2/8, 18%
Luang Prabang Laos sativa 0/3 second try 0/9, zero germination.
The worm bin has coaxed 2 Luang Prabang seedlings out of their shells.
Healing seeds freebie seeds.
Doubleberry ( bb x bb) fem. 0/5 zero germination.
So far15% germination rate overall.
Edit-Germination rate has gone up to 19%, I reported too soon.
No whining or judgment, just data.

Fighting Buddha, blue digiberry f2, and hm x bb are being attempted now.

Last edited:

Dogtown

Here is a great thread about vintage mexican seeds and a lot of information on how to get old seeds to germinate on different ways.