What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lost seed stash found...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
was rooting through some stuff my sister-in-law gave me after my big brother passed away last year. found an old tobacco pipe of my dads, a knife or two, some irreplaceable pictures. in the bottom of the box, under his wadded up old felt stetson fishing hat was a primer can like reloaders kept components in. picked it up, shook it. "damn" i say "he never was into reloading rifle ammo. open the can up, THOUSANDS of seed left over from his time in SE Asia & on the Mexican border. dunno if any will sprout, but am sure going to try. thanks, bro, for the memories. hope the fish are biting where you are...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... and if they don't sprout, don't forget Sam Skunkman and the Phylos project - they appreciate dead DNA and the secrets held inside!:tiphat:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you'll never know when some of those landrace type plants are gonna pop up in your garden, gonna be some sexy sativas.
keep your eyes open :watchplant:

damn great inheritance bro, best of luck with them.......

Green Squall

What decade are they from? With that many, I'm sure you'll get some to germinate. And get those pictures scanned and put them on a thumb drive or something. Like you said, their irreplaceable. I've been doing the same with old pics just in case.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
open the can up, THOUSANDS of seed left over from his time in SE Asia & on the Mexican border. dunno if any will sprout, but am sure going to try.

Wow, you could have some real treasures there if they are old enough and you can get them to germinate and grow.

Best of luck with this!

Check out chimeras special way of germinating old seeds he has some tips that could increase your pop rate! Il see if I can find a link for you.

DJXX

Veteran
i got about 10% of some old seeds to crack, then i put them in damp vermiculite and got a cpl to grow..the vermiculite worked better than papertowels for me...good luck DJXX

Latest posts

Latest posts