What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi! Yes and also Panama Haze, Purple Honduras, Golden Tiger (fem and reg), Zamaldelica x Kali China, Zamaldelica, the Oaxaca x Kali China and Malawi.

Along with those I have some heirloom, landrace types from India, Thailand and Laos, also 2 from Cannabiogen. I'm excited to see what they do.

So far our area hasn't been hard hit by the virus, hoping it doesn't and things return to more normal. And hoping things keep improving in Spain too.

WOW. What a lineup. Are you doing a growlog anywhere? I’d sub up in a minute with that menu. :tiphat::biggrin:

musigny23

WOW. What a lineup. Are you doing a growlog anywhere? I’d sub up in a minute with that menu. :tiphat::biggrin:

No I usually just post occasional photos of the plants in their Ace forum threads like I did here with the two Thai Chi plants.

I guess that wouldn't include the heirloom/landrace plants though. I guess those could be in the Landrace section. I'm not sure I want to get into a grow log or diary, it seems like it would require a lot of time to maintain.

Oh and I also have a Super Malawi Haze and a KillerA5 Haze. :biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing line up musigny :)

Really excited about your this season outdoor grow!

Hi! Yes and also Panama Haze, Purple Honduras, Golden Tiger (fem and reg), Zamaldelica x Kali China, Zamaldelica, the Oaxaca x Kali China and Malawi.

Along with those I have some heirloom, landrace types from India, Thailand and Laos, also 2 from Cannabiogen. I'm excited to see what they do.

So far our area hasn't been hard hit by the virus, hoping it doesn't and things return to more normal. And hoping things keep improving in Spain too.

Fronk

Day 45 :laughing:

Attachments

• CB9B420E-4BBD-45CA-86E2-EC4D1C235DEF.jpg
    CB9B420E-4BBD-45CA-86E2-EC4D1C235DEF.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 0E8ED74A-8872-4B9C-9FD4-12D6FB9149E0.jpg
    0E8ED74A-8872-4B9C-9FD4-12D6FB9149E0.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 40

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Fronk man, you've got green angel hands! :respect: What a beauty!!!

Killer idea using that bucket for staking support and collect drain!!!!

Get ready for some metamorphosis and cappricious/random branching!

How much watts is she under?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Fronk,

Thanks for the updates, looking resinous.
How old is your lamp ? How many complete cycles have you made with the same lamp ? How many watts are you using ?

Fronk

Fronk man, you've got green angel hands! :respect: What a beauty!!!

Killer idea using that bucket for staking support and collect drain!!!!

Get ready for some metamorphosis and cappricious/random branching!

How much watts is she under?

Cheers bro :thank you:
The double buckets are because I wanted to flip my plants but needed to transplant..
My veg space was too small to accomodate the bigger pots.
So I cut the bottom of my pot and put them straight in the bigger ones.
My idea was to not disturb the roots and get my plants flipped ASAP.
Hope that makes sense.
It’s a hgl550, uses 400w at the wall but apparently as powerful as 1000w.
Cheers repuk

Fronk

Hi Fronk,

Thanks for the updates, looking resinous.
How old is your lamp ? How many complete cycles have you made with the same lamp ? How many watts are you using ?

It’s about a year old. It’s a hgl550 from horticulture lighting group.
This is the third cycle.
It uses about 400w. I use a 100w one for my veg space.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
If you have noticed a depletion on its effectiveness or in the yield of your plants then may consider to change the lamp for a new one,
or upgrade for stronger wattage, 600 w m2 works better for the more sativa dominant strains.

Fronk

If you have noticed a depletion on its effectiveness or in the yield of your plants then may consider to change the lamp for a new one,
or upgrade for stronger wattage, 600 w m2 works better for the more sativa dominant strains.

Thanks for the heads up Dubi.
But honestly I think the down size in yield is coming from me, it’s been freezing and i haven’t been able to heat the space.
The first 3 plants didn’t get full light In early flowering (had to move from veg space) and killer A5 and HPHxKC were still going.
Everything is back under control now with nice temps and full light.
I’ll get a par metre and check light intensity but it’s a fairly expensive light so I will be pretty disappointed if it’s already ruined!
:thank you:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Doesn't look like this girl is getting 400W at all (too lanky), that's why I asked... to my non expert eyes she looks like is craving for some light intensity.

Fronk

Doesn't look like this girl is getting 400W at all (too lanky), that's why I asked... to my non expert eyes she looks like is craving for some light intensity.

I agree, I hope it is because it was a little shaded from the killer A5 for the first few weeks of flowering when they were stretching.
I’ll order a par metre and check.
Thanks repuk for your help

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are correct Fronk, most probably the lack of light intensity in early flowering and the colder temps are the cause of the lower yields lately in your indoor sativas.

I usually like to replace the lamps for new ones after 3 flowering cycles, their life span is longer and i understand it is an expense to do it often, but usually the higher yields when using new (or stronger) lamps compensate the investment.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Only other thing I could think about is the timer... maybe is switching on less hours than expected?

I found that for early indoor grows, an HPS doubles as good heater, that's why I keep on using it.

Otherwise, greenhouse tube heaters can be really handy and aren't expensive:

61MFOM%2BYwhL._SX355_.jpg

Using it with an Inkbird ITC-308 has given me great results.

Fronk

Only other thing I could think about is the timer... maybe is switching on less hours than expected?

I found that for early indoor grows, an HPS doubles as good heater, that's why I keep on using it.

Otherwise, greenhouse tube heaters can be really handy and aren't expensive:

View Image

Using it with an Inkbird ITC-308 has given me great results.

Awesome idea repuk, I’ve got my radiator back in my tent now but might buy one of them for the future.
I’ve got a new baby boy (a human one lol) so we needed extra warmth in the house. :)
Timer is working properly.
I still blame myself for my lack of yield this round.
You are very good at eliminating potential problems.
My guess is you are a school teacher.
All the best repuk :thank you:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I’ve got a new baby boy (a human one lol)

Congrats! :huggg:

Is hard to think of heaters today here, 37C in the shadows...

Take it easy, you grew a ton of different plants incredibly nice, I'm afraid some of mine are also underdeveloped due to lack of light, but wanted to try a stepped system I think similar to what you're doing, faster plants first then rotate next as they're finished.

Not a school teacher, though I deal with students some times :biggrin:

OZZ_

Veteran
Cheers bro :thank you:
The double buckets are because I wanted to flip my plants but needed to transplant..
My veg space was too small to accomodate the bigger pots.
So I cut the bottom of my pot and put them straight in the bigger ones.
My idea was to not disturb the roots and get my plants flipped ASAP.
Hope that makes sense.
It’s a hgl550, uses 400w at the wall but apparently as powerful as 1000w.
Cheers repuk

Hi Fronk,

Just something that jumped out at me when reading your conversation with Dubi and Repuk, which you may or may not already know.... but the HLG 550 is supposed to pull 480 watts from the wall.

They do have a dimmer on them though, Is it possible yours accidentally got dimmed down? If so maybe it’s putting out less than it’s maximum output. At any rate a quantum board LED is supposed to last many, many grows so certainly shouldn’t need replaced at this point. Especially at a $650-$850 price tag! HA (depending on when you bought it).

I have the same light, purchased new, but I haven’t been able to use it just yet as it’s sitting in storage and right now I don’t have the space.

Anyway, I’m not sure if you were actually measuring the current draw from the wall at 400w or just guessing, but thought it might be something to look into, if you haven’t already. Maybe try adjusting the dimmer to see where it’s set at *shrugs* ??

Latest posts

Latest posts