What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vape to minimize waste?

Old Toker

Hi everyone! :tiphat: Hope y'all can help me choose a vape to conserve my supply of medicine. My needs are minimal......I smoke alone and only at home. So a desktop with the ability to vape smaller amounts would probably be best, but I am open to all suggestions. Been smoking joints/pipes for over half a century and it's time to give my lungs some rest. Not only have I never owned a vape....I've never even tried one. I know that not everyone likes vapes....but if it will accomplish what I need....I am determined to stick with it. Don't really have a budget......but less is always nice. That said.....if a Volcano (or something equally expensive) is the best "investment" for my needs...then I'll have to come up with the bucks. Hopefully whatever I choose will save me enough on wasted smoke to eventually pay for itself. And YES.......if absolutely necessary I will vape more often to help justify the cost of the vape. Just the kind of guy I am.:)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice/experiences. :tiphat:

Green Squall

I would look into the Firefly 2. It's pure convection. You can take a hit or 2 and put it away. No need to commit to a whole session. 3 second heat up time. It's pretty pricey though @ $330.

cravin morehead

Veteran
I'm sort of new to vaping. but I love my boundless cfx vape. i've loaded tiny amounts up to almost a gram and it worked great. it is a portable though. look on YouTube for tons and tons of reviews and go from there

cm

MrBungle

Pax is a very nice dry herb vape its pretty expensive too... not volcano expensive but up there....

The Volcano is still the best as far as I know.. but the Pax is nice cause it is portable too, so if you do decide to take it on a vacation or something like that, its still possible

hugo23

I recommend Mighty vapo, portable, high quality, very precise,
from the same manufacturer of the legendary volcano.
maxresdefault.jpg

Old Toker

Thanks Hugo23!:tiphat:

Evidently the vape market has matured since last I looked at them. There seems to be a nice selection of very functional and well built vapes....

seeded

The best vape I've used for conserving my stash has been my ariser solo. I've also got the arise extreme q because it does bags like the volcano but I go through weed about 10x faster using it because the temptation to over stuff it to get a hugely potent and terp filled bag of greatness is too strong to ignore. The solo on the other hand takes like 0.2g at most and stays on for 12 mins which is just enough to drain all the goodness out of it though sometimes a second round is warranted as you're still producing thick clouds at the 12 minute mark.

superx

Veteran
The pax3 is excellent for outdoors and on the go, dual use (both for dry herb and extracts)
Has great battery length and is quite discreet, the mighty is top shelf also but i would not class it as portable.

The mighty is quite big and you will not fit it in your pockets, unless your wearing combats with large side pockets (similar in size to a walkie talkie) battery life is not good. The crafty is much smaller but has awful battery length.

The fire fly is the iphone of vapes, i did not like having to stir the weed about after each session, my woman did like it but she smokes very little and i think she just liked the look of it, takes a bit of getting use to, the flavors are amazing.. I am a seasoned / hardened toker who would polish of 2 0z a week with out a worry at one stage, since making the switch over to the vape i basically have reduced that amount by half. Can now walk/jog that little bit further and feel a lot better for it, also i do not be coughing up my fucking lungs every morning or breathing like Darth Vader, nor do i smell like a ash tray.

Well done on making the switch over, your lungs will thank you for it.....There is a lot of good vapes on the market at the moment.

bushed

I also love my pax, very convenient and you can get a copy unit from ebay for just over a $100 that works exactly like the original (possibly has a slightly higher fail rate but because the seller pays around $10 each they are happy to replace within the first year). I ordered 2, one failed after 6 months and was replaced the other and replacement works fine 2 years on.

I know two people who ordered genuine ones around the same time for 4 times the price, again one failed and pax would not replace!

Its interesting from the people who have switched to vaping, around half find it really good better than smoking and have cut down on consumption. The other half went back to smoking saying that it just doesnt get them to where they want to be.

Myself im fine with vaping in the evening when im by myself but still prefer to smoke with friends at the weekend when I want to get really blazed.

Jaqen H'gar

also look into e-nano from epic vape. (or other log vapes).

Logs are great for cutting down. Mine helped me give up tobbaco, i went from half oz a week to half oz a month (and i can breathe properly again!).

Jaqen H'gar

I also love my pax, very convenient and you can get a copy unit from ebay for just over a $100 that works exactly like the original (possibly has a slightly higher fail rate but because the seller pays around $10 each they are happy to replace within the first year). I ordered 2, one failed after 6 months and was replaced the other and replacement works fine 2 years on.

I know two people who ordered genuine ones around the same time for 4 times the price, again one failed and pax would not replace!

If you want fakes get on dhgate and cut out the middle man. You wont be paying $10 though...

That said, i wouldnt be buying fake vapes. The supplier of the proper one will be using food safe plastics etc in an attempt to protect themselves from a potential future law suit, who knows what cheapo plastics the people making the fakes are using?

Vapes are not that expensive that i would take the risk personally.

Old Toker

Thank you Seeded, Superx, Bushed and Jaqen H'gar! :tiphat:

Surprised more people aren't recommending the Volcano for it's ability to maximize vapor with minimal product.

MrBungle

My best bet is cause its 600 bucks!

Its the clear king of the ring... If you want the best save your duckets and go for The Volcano... The pax is the only other vape I have seen that doesn't scorch the herb similar to the volcano... Granted it has been a few years since I have been into vaping flower.. I like oil now personally

budsicles

I've used the Volcano numerous times over the years, and think it's the most overrated canna device out there. The heating element has plastic parts in close proximity. Trashy as hell inhaling from a plastic bag. And doesn't get me nearly as high as burning a regular bong bowl.

The Sublimator looks much better to me, even though I haven't used it. Seems to be all metal, and many owners say it's the closest thing to smoking that they have ever achieved in a vape. Attaches to a water pipe and is capable of actually filling it with milky hits on the first inhale. Only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is price.

Oh yeah, the Sublimator also causes distilled solvent-less oil to collect in the clean/empty water pipe over time. Supposedly makes for great dabs.

Max Headroom

Veteran
been running my Volcano classic daily for 10 years. excellent build quality, minimal maintainance. cleaning/changing bag about once a month (iso!), new mesh screen every 1-2 years, one rubber ring (blue) needs replacing after about 3 years.
aside from that it just runs and runs and runs.
when i made the switch from bong to vape i halved the amount of weed i needed while improving the high significantly.

if my volcano broke beyond repair i would immediately buy another one.

earthwyrms

i like using my eclipse essential vape, through a water pipe bong.

i got my bong from dh gate, ground glass joint 14mm with a per and splash perc. i use an ashcatcher perc, from a headshop, as a pre perc.

the eclipse comes with two waterpipe adapters, 14mm and 19mm (both in the same case, not separate) it also comes with a regular glass non- water pipe stem, but vapor is hot; running it through water, or ice water, especially with as few or many percolator stages as you want, really helps.

when i was ripping some uncured, dried out, harsher than harsh sativa buds and leaves; the eclipse, through my bong, really made it bearable. i can only imagine vaping fine bud.

all this is very affordable, and effective.

the thing is aluminum and nearly unbreakable. it takes glass vials, which can hold finely ground bud or oil. you can buy vials on ebay too, really affordably, and they come with caps, so they can be filled and sealed.

i use a candle most of the time. if you need to unsrew a heated vial to use a different one, you can use any cotton fabric as a buffer for eat, to unscrew it and replace.

you can vape to any level of completion, and even burn the bud till it just starts combust (then it really smells, like smoking).

i highly recommend it