What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crucial Cup Colosseum aka Twisted Towers

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
crucial update

crucial update

towers are blowing up, im thinking stretch is over entirely, so we went in today and did round 2 of LST, pulling branches down, out, and away from the cups....

here is a pic of a tower i am leaving untrained for the moment:

picture.php

^^ nice solid canopy, evenly covering the cups entirely, you cant even see the cups! this "look" to the towers inspires me to do no training at all, hence the standard "budsicle" style of colosseums needing no training at all since each plant is a single stalk of bud, where as i have very very branchy plants that have been topped 2x in some cases.

picture.php

^^ here are 3 towers that have just been LST'd, now you can clearly see the cups.... im afraid i pulled some back a lil too far, like on the far left tower and far right side of the pic also, but i did the work w lites out under green light, and im guessing that when lites come back on and phototropism kicks in them puppies will be twistin right back into the bright zone of the donut of light. :woohoo:

picture.php

^^pic i took after training but before lightly defoliating yellowing leaves; and some lil itty bitty bottom nodes, before the above pic was taken

:watchplant:

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
You're going to have to be tying those broads up here in no time. Really cool project/concept. Nice to see some new stuff.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya, pulling down and out now, in a few weeks ill def need to be holding branches up.... possibly still stick a ring of wire inbetween the bulb and canopy....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

birds eye view^^^^
canopy filing in sideways nicely, as you can see
tower canopies are starting to reach towards each other, and at base pots they are even overlapping in some areas, which is fine with me....

starting to be able to envision these things covered in nuggets....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Definately one of THE most interesting threads on IC..nice work Avanish!

D

DaveTheNewbie

Definately one of THE most interesting threads on IC..nice work Avanish!

i second that. Whether you win loose or draw, you have had the balls to lay it all out and try something new and challenging.
it looks to me like your winning tho :)

I might try this some time. Vegging donut worthy bushes is killing my rotation times and cutting into my GPWs. But a tower/build-a-bush could be the ticket....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:thank you:

thanks yall.

sprayed again w N foliar feed, prolly the last ill give of that. fed w maxi @ 7grams per gal. last night.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i second that. Whether you win loose or draw, you have had the balls to lay it all out and try something new and challenging.
it looks to me like your winning tho :)

thanks,
im hoping all goes well, so far so good,

balls out this run...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nute issue?

nute issue?

picture.php

^^un-trained tower.... er.... only trained w LST one time right after flipping, no second round of training like all the other towers got. see that sativa lookin leave set at the base of the tower? flo crosses :)

picture.php

^^top cup plant on one of the other more trained towers...

see all them yellowing leaves?

im feeding maxi @ 7 grams per gal.... perhaps need a lilmore N & CalMag?
I'd love some input on these yellowing leaves going on here...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see a little purpling on the leaf stem*(?) ..."might" need a bit more Cal-Mag but stems are the real clue..what color are they?

Looking good Avinish!

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DHF says; purple stems = Cal Mag deficiancy....now MY stems were VERY purple ..a little pink might be ok(?).....I would ask the experts....Bobblehead or DHF.