What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Pico-inspired" Coco Drain to Waste table

GrowGeek

After reading Pico's "How to make a PVC dripper manifold I ended up building one for my new veg table. 3/4" pvc with some fittings, an inline filter, 900gpm pump with timer, some 1/4" tubing with grommets and I am flowing nutes!

IMG_1004.jpg

The bucket on the left has the fresh nutes, pump, and comes on for one minute in the morning and one minute at night... For now. Bucket on the right is my waste bucket. Table simply drains into it, and I pump it out to the outside garden.

IMG_0996.jpg

Cuttings are rooted in my Aero-Cloner. H&G AquaFlakes by the schedule, and I have roots and ready to pot in less than a week!

IMG_0995.jpg

Table half filled with potted girls.

IMG_0998.jpg

Fill'er Up and let'er rip!

IMG_1005.jpg

Sugar Plum, GrandDaddy Purp, Goo, and Sno-Dawg

IMG_1006.jpg

More Sugar Plum, Choc-o-Chunk, and Cheeze!!!

He he he!

GrowGeek

Awh buddin' you makin' me blush!

It's really a pretty simple setup. It's a 2x4 table with a 8 bulb t5 setup right above the girls. I run H&G Coco by their feed schedule. Nothing more, nothing less. H&G with Coco has done me very well the past three runs, and I am completely sold. This is just the next step.. Automation!!! Woot!

GrowGeek

This is my new table in my veg room. I wont flower in this.

the girls will hang out in this table until it's their turn for the "Ladies room". I only flower 4-6 plants at a time.

I like bushes. I use every bit of the plant, so the bigger it is overall, the more material I have to make meds with.

oh shit! this is only a veg table??!!.....i think it would serve as a dam good flower table if i must admit, if you fliped them now....but wow nice job i cant wait to see them under an hps

GrowGeek

i started with feeding for one minute every day. this gave about 2 1/2 gallon runoff. i've slowed it down to every three days and now i get about one gallon of run off. girls are still way happy. i've got the next five days off so i will get an updated pic or two up soon!

thanks for all the comments!

P

purplesupremacy

Cool. My choice to use top-drip via 1/4" feed lines was first inspired by a guy named Neptune, some while before pico created the thread on the PVC manifold. He used to grow in rockwool slabs with basket dripper stakes, with 1/2" black vinyl hose loop system going around the table with 1/4" lines coming out.

GrowGeek

I'm sold on any sort of top drip system. I still have some work in the flower room before these girls go in, but it too will be automated.

Nice pic Purp! Love the scrog screens.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
very nice set up, take my advise though and dump your run off back into your nutrient solution tank during the veg phase. it really does no harm at all, just pour it through a strainer so you don't make your tank dirty with coco crumbs. that way you don't have to worry about a bit more or less run off and i even do the same thing during flowering, but during flowering is the time to run to waste if you like it that way, in veg you really don't have to.

GrowGeek

I have been thinking of reusing the nutes, but right now I have other plants that I am feeding with the run off. Once winter hits, and no more outdoor gardening I think I will recirc the nutes.

Thanks for all the kind words.

GrowGeek

Been playing in the veg room while I have been on vacation this past week... Got the stand and new drip tables in. Working on drain and supply lines now. Hopefully will have them in tonight.

I have a 1000w MH going over the middle table and a 4 bulb 4' t5 fixture going over the other 2x4 table. Moms will be on the right, rooted cuttings on the left, and girls waiting to go into flower in the middle.

photo2.jpg

GrowGeek

Placement of the dehumidifier was an afterthought, but fit perfectly under the table. I'm going to finish the plumbing and then start to mount lights, and run fans / filters. I have to purchase another ozone generator. The one on the flower room works so good, I'm going to add one to the veg room exhaust and run ductwork out the crawlspace. As for intake, I am still working on that one. :)