Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > any chance of seed boutique selling single seeds?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Real Gorilla Seeds
any chance of seed boutique selling single seeds? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2017, 05:26 AM #11
siftedunity
cant re Member

siftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud of
hmmm yeah I get that but f2s are not the same as f1s. and unless you have space to do a decent pollen chuck of several males and females your only gonna see part of the gene pool. if I was gonna buy ten packs of a cross anyway, id rather buy 100 seeds for slightly cheaper than the current option which would be to pay full wack for 10, 10 seed packs. if you get me..
siftedunity is offline Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:28 AM #12
siftedunity
cant re Member

siftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud of
yup.. although interestingly I know quite a few people who have popped one seed and found something amazing. but they prob just got lucky.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:38 AM #13
SilentFeet
Banned

SilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
I'd prefer to sell larger seed packs as well, but the market demands fewer per pack. 3 & 5 packs are the most popular in the EU, especially for female seeds (which is essentially the entire market).

The market is all about what the customer prefers. Buying single seeds goes along with people thinking every seed from a given line will be the same without phenotypic differences between siblings. I think buying single seeds is a mistake if you expect to properly evaluate a given line, but if the customer only wants a single seed, we'd make it happen. For banks that are purely resellers, it becomes problematic because you have to crack the breeder's pack and then you now have an incomplete set that you can only sell out in singles.

That said, I guess we'd sell single seeds, but the price would be commensurate with the number of seeds. Think gram price, oz price, pound price per gram of flowers.
Bullshit, we the market want as many seeds for our dollar as we can get.

3 and 5 packs for feminized seeds may be the most popular in the EU, but that's not because the buyer doesn't want more seeds, it's just all the buyer can afford given the ridiculously high prices charged for feminized seeds.

And asking a seed seller for one seed, that's like someone asking their dealer for $5 of weed; no dealer wants to mess around with $5 deals.

Last edited by SilentFeet; 01-04-2017 at 12:37 PM..
SilentFeet is offline Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:12 PM #14
Emil Muzz

Emil Muzz has a spectacular aura aboutEmil Muzz has a spectacular aura aboutEmil Muzz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvestMoon303 View Post
Just about any seed company will NOT support you if you purchased single seeds, because the breeders packs are separated and all bets are off (at that point, all seeds look the same).

You can purchase seed packs of 6 regular (roughly one or two keepers), or just buy some less expensive stuff. Packs of some good stuff can be had for under $50... or if you're not willing to potentially grow males and pheno hunt, get some clones.
Serious Seeds gave me support over single seeds.

Top company, indeed.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 PM #15
siftedunity
cant re Member

Serious seeds have great customer services but poor genetics. They always offered me replacements for the autoflower/ herm genetics I had from thier ak. The two don't really go together too well do they?
Old 01-04-2017, 08:36 PM #16
t99

t99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to beholdt99 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvestMoon303 View Post
You can purchase seed packs of 6 regular (roughly one or two keepers), or just buy some less expensive stuff. Packs of some good stuff can be had for under $50... or if you're not willing to potentially grow males and pheno hunt, get some clones.
Due to worldwide prohibition, there's still a lot of people doing small personal closet grows that don't have access to clones, and because of legal risks don't want to mess with males or big pheno hunts.
Even in the "legal" areas, a lot of people have never grown before and just want to try growing a couple plants for fun and don't want to mess with males or plant #'s.
There's definitely a growing market for fem's and small packs.
Personally I want as many reg seeds per pack as I can get for more selection
t99 is offline Quote