What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do the 90s and early 2000s elites stack up to today’s hype strains?

Home-Grown

Stem splitting is/was used to force the plants to finish faster. With death knocking on its doorstep, it speeds up maturity in hopes of ripening seeds. If that's true, it should also bring on Rhodelization.

I have seen this in literature (seed Maturity) and discussed with growers (flower product Maturity) that mention using copper to hold open.
Curious if anybody has noted any detailed effects, other than saying it works? Which I do not make any claim :)

Not seen any great value, to warrant trying this. Unless you are running out of time for some reason.
My first action is to do no harm, a lot of these practices can work, even a simple prune can have positive effects!
I have noted a flowering branch bent over by an animal did mature a bit earlier then others, but also smaller, less filled out.

Add: If your season is limmited by time or rain, this could be the diference between mature or half mature buds.

But it also holds true that nature tends to get things pretty right, so my motto is to always have a good reason.

Last edited:

Home-Grown

I have found Cali Connection Seeds SFV OG Kush.

Cali Connection OG and GSC seem to be pretty highly rated in this post.
I am interested to know what makes OG hybrids appear so often?

What contribution is going on in the variates mentioned?
Is SFV OG the same as SFV OG Kush?

What sex is the OG offering in crosses?
Or is it more the choice of donor male in the OG hybrids?

Last edited:

beta

Veteran
I have found Cali Connection Seeds SFV OG Kush.
I use forums to ask questions and learn what I do not know, and share what I do know. Most people have some pretty screwed up idea of what their forum is for, which is the main problem!

My apologies, I didn't read the discussion leading up to your comment so I misunderstood what you were saying. I deleted my comments, just disregard me. :p

Home-Grown

My apologies, I didn't read the discussion leading up to your comment so I misunderstood what you were saying. I deleted my comments, just disregard me. :p

No worries, my question is odd. So many plants called OG.
I hope the original poster can elaborate on the common OG parentage.

Doing the same, all good :)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most derive from OG Kush.

Use a website like seed finder (though there are inaccuracies) and ICmag to delve into what lore you want. Have fun. Everyone has their own story.

If we were to get to the truths behind what really happened between Dutch and American breeders and pharmaceutical corporations and any other businesses emerging associated with one specific name...

I think a bunch of folks would get banned by a testy mod!

And because these truths are shrouded, so is a good part of the industry.

I know exactly who you're talking about!

PDX Dopesmoker

Thread got me feeling like a ol man

You are an old man. Jerry Garcia has been dead for a quarter of a century. This whole thread is a bunch fossils chatting about the good ol days, people are probably singing Way down upon the Swanee River while they read this thread and yelling at their kids to keep the GMO Cookie Autos out of the hoophouse they're trying to grow classic Thai sticks in.

Hydro8

Not sure how "classic" but I like the King Louie OG also the SFV. Most of the "Bubba Kush" I have had was good, seems to be a few growers keeping that line alive.

Black Domina is another interesting strain, don't think it has been mentioned here?

I love Black Domina. I haven't seen any for a few years.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I love Black Domina. I haven't seen any for a few years.

still have a 1/2 pack of seeds from 10+ yrs ago... we grew out a bunch of them, looking for the 'ortega' pheno.. we found a couple of tall/lanky plants, but they were all weak, n after 2 or 3 rounds let em go... at the time, them were some expensive seeds , n we thought they were a waste of our $$$... which was the case with lots of 'elite breeders' n their seeds... as they say a sucker is born every min... n we certainly fit the bill...

Hydro8

still have a 1/2 pack of seeds from 10+ yrs ago... we grew out a bunch of them, looking for the 'ortega' pheno.. we found a couple of tall/lanky plants, but they were all weak, n after 2 or 3 rounds let em go... at the time, them were some expensive seeds , n we thought they were a waste of our $$$... which was the case with lots of 'elite breeders' n their seeds... as they say a sucker is born every min... n we certainly fit the bill...

Yeah, lots of hype in the seed industry..

I figured the Black Domina was not around because it was not a stable strain or a decent yield. The finished product I got a couple of times was amazing. Shades of dark purple, dense nugs, great high.

I would give it a run but I would not go very far out of my way for it or pay much for the seeds. I still hold some good memories the the finished product.

insomniac_AU

Yeah, lots of hype in the seed industry..

I figured the Black Domina was not around because it was not a stable strain or a decent yield. The finished product I got a couple of times was amazing. Shades of dark purple, dense nugs, great high.

I would give it a run but I would not go very far out of my way for it or pay much for the seeds. I still hold some good memories the the finished product.
I have a Black Domina hybrid which is a great strain to grow. It's Black Russian which is Black Domina x White Russian (White Widow x AK47).
It's available from Delicious Seeds. I've been growing it for a few years now. It's a great producer, quick finisher and good smoke.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
You are an old man. Jerry Garcia has been dead for a quarter of a century. This whole thread is a bunch fossils chatting about the good ol days, people are probably singing Way down upon the Swanee River while they read this thread and yelling at their kids to keep the GMO Cookie Autos out of the hoophouse they're trying to grow classic Thai sticks in.

Old man that could smoke u under the table with your auto cooks lol
Rookies

Latest posts

Latest posts