What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Choosing....

Druna

So im in the middle of popping seeds, i have germed 7 Copenhagen kush and a white widow for the fun of it, where 6 of the copenhagen and the one widow is now over the soil.
I have usually only ran one 600 w since i grow for myself and i havnt needed more but this round i decided to add another 600w and double the plants(12) since im getting more and more into making bho.
Im left deciding with Barney`s farm Sweet tooth fem, Reserva privada`s Og#18 fem , Hortilab Starberry Reg, and SinCity Sins Og Reg. I just cant decide which to pop, im running starberry, og 18 and copenhage atm, the Og#18 hermied, the copenhagen seems to me like a nice plant, like a upgraded widow, and starberry`s, oh my god the starberrys are so fine.
The problem i have is that i have read so much diffrent things about bf `s sweet tooth,some say its the shit and some say its shit, where the best reports are atleast 8+ years old. The Og#18 hermied, its quality but no one wants a hermie in their garden so im hesitant on the og, the starberrys are reg and needs alot of veg imo, the Sins og i have also read alot of diffrent reports where some of them say hermie while others dont.
Does anyone here have any experience with any of them or all of them? I would appriciate some experience in here since my head is telling me this and that and im not being able to choose

Granger2

Veteran
Whether a seed is a good strain or not is a crap shoot. Each seed can go either way depending on genetics of that seed. Some people get good ones, some don't. It's so silly when you see people debating whether a strain is good or not based on the individual seed or seeds they happened to get.

As far as hermies go, so many people say something hermied when it did not produce actual male flowers. Many strains will produce a few nanners from inside large buds out of frustration at the end. Usually no or few seeds will come from that. These can be picked off. It's not like a hermie which may pollenate your whole crop with a shitload of seed. Usually there won't be mature seed if any. If you do get a few seed, which will be fems, is that a tragedy? Good luck. -granger

Druna

I was asking to get a conversation going and maybe some friends on this site, ive been lurking for some years and few posts.
I know what a hermie is and the og18 is a hermie, it happend early in flower with big bananas at the internodes and not inside the bud, and ye it has pollinated alot of the crop.
There is no light leaks in the room and i have not stressed the plants.
The round before this i had 2 kosher fem, 1 la cheese fem,1 Sleestack x Skunk#1 reg and 2 Klar reg. One of the kosher`s hermied in just the same way, it fucked up alot of my summer grow, it wasnt that bad but it was enough and its hermie seeds, i dont want that.
I wrote a mail to dna about the kosher but they only blamed me, i was only informing them. After they started to outsource their genetics to spanish seed growers its not been as stable as it was 6-7 years ago.

Edit: I have only had 1 plant before this that got some bananas in late flower, that was an bubba 76 fem, but that was my fault.
I was pushing the plants to long into flower, it was only a few bananas that i could find, very few seeds and mostly on the bud that had the banana.