What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newbie wants to go hydro

clear = algea?

More than likely but I wouldn't sweat it too much. I'm using Fytocell now and the algae loves it, gets a carpet of green on top before they've gone into 12/12. Once the canopy gets dense it subsides.

When I've looked at the Fytocell after harvest, the dark layer from the algae on top is about an eighth to a quarter of an inch thick. At the bottom of the 11 litre pots, where the cutouts are, has about a half inch of light brown. Each darkened corner being about the size of 2 oxo cubes.

The rest of the Fytocell is pearly white and just about full of roots.

Standaman

So on a whole would you say res temps will drop once my plants get bigger?
I mean will the heat/light be absorbed by the plants?
Thats what i'm hoping anyway

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Coolers make perfect dwc units, and you can find them at the curb in any town on trash night, along with most of the gear we need for this gig.
H

L

lorddankinstien

Coolers make perfect dwc units, and you can find them at the curb in any town on trash night, along with most of the gear we need for this gig.
H

Fuck yeah man!!! Thats exactly what I want to do next DWC is get a fatty ice chest. It would totally make it so the chiller would bearly have to run, and when it is time to do a rez change all you have to do is pop the drain plug that is already installed!!! yea :yoinks: Just have to make sure to cut the holes for your net pots tight to help keep the cool air in. Fuck man thats some heavy shit time for a :joint: