What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Top 5 Buds you smoked in amsterdam

In the movie Pulp Fiction, Eric Stoltz plays a "badfish" {if you are unfamiliar with the term, look it up on Urban Dictionary} he says to John Travolta ", I'll take the fuckin' Pepsi Challenge with that Amsterdam shit any day of the week."

SAME HERE....it just goes back to the idiom; if you want anything done right, do it yourself.

Cannabis is best grown in small batches, there is a lack of detail and time devoted to individual plants, when it is grown for commercial batches. There is just something that feels too impersonal, they're not my children, they're my livestock..and it just feels too sterile to enjoy, when I have it in a basement, I get to see personalities, and I can compare fussiness easier...my quality is unsurpassed, I am more connected when I'm with my girls and the few boys that earned their place.
I use the force, and talk to them, 99 girls feels better than 300+...Like I said, I'm just more connected, I love them, and I'm actually happier when I see them, it becomes my passion again, and not a job/enterprise...

I will stay close to topic, how about my 5 fave cultivars either originally released, or having roots in Europe.

1. Mr Nice - Super Silver Haze
2. Brothers Grimm - Cinderella 99
3. Reserva Privada – Kandy Kush
4. Sagarmatha Seeds – Peak 19
5. Canna Biogen – Taskenti

I have grown all these cultivars organically, and the flavor and potency is awe-inspiring. When properly cured these are Private Reserve, and are what I believe to be unbeatable and I have no doubt that I am enjoying some of the best cannabis in the world. When introduced to new people and we're sure they can and have stood on their own, usually my work precedes me.

Something like this, "Do you remember that (insert example here) last summer ?" Then I get pointed to and usually get a big smile from that person, and I know that they felt my passion and seen my skill in a little nugget..and I have to pretend I am modest about my skill.

Last edited:

TBL420uk

1. Lavender-Katsu. Had a taste out of this world & was a strong smoke.
2. Red Diesel-Barney`s. I buy this every ttrip, cant beat that grapefruit flavour.
3. Black Widow-Katsu. Knocked me on my arse.
4. G13-Haze-Barney`s. Great taste & a very clear, sativa high.
5. Lemon Skunk-Greenhouse. was like taking a bit out of a lemon, i bought a pack of seeds straight after i smoked this!

Indica:
1. Purple Kush (Green Place)
2. Pink Kush (Popeyes)
3. Sour Kush (Green Place)
4. La Con (Grey Area)
5. Lavender (Katsu)

Sativa:
1. Casey Jones (Grey Area)
2. Chocolope (De Tweede Kamer)
3. ECSD (Green Place)
4. Red Diesel (Barneys)
5. G13 x Amnesia (Hunters)

Hash
1. La Murder Ice o lator (Hunters)
2. Waterworks (Dampkring)
3. SSH Ice o lator (Hunters)
4. Royal Jelly (Barneys)
5. Malana sweet cream (Hunters)

macamus33

No specific order to these/they were all great.
1) LA Con - Grey Area
2) Super Lemon Haze - Greenhouse
3) Tangerine Dream - Barney's
4) Amnesia Haze - DeRookery
5) Lemon Skunk- Greenhouse
6) Blueberry- Mellow Yellow

These were just some I remember at this years HTCC. I smoked well over 100 types while there and all were good in thier own way. Good job all you growers in Amsterdam. I'll be coming back next year if the laws don't change and they still allow tourist to purchase at coffeshops.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
I've only been to Amesterdam once back in 1985.
I hadn't smoked Weed in a year.
I being from Calif have grown and smoked to this day some of the best Pot I have seen to date.
I just found the business card from the coffee shop I visted.
Turns out it was the The first Bulldog in Holland on Voorbugwal, at the time 1of 5.
I guess this is turning to be off topic but I had 3 choices of Pot all where Calif buds and 3-4 different kinds of Hash so I picked the Hash bought 3grams for $8.00 us
used the house bong took 3 hits DAMN I got so F*ed up I gave the rest back to the Bud tender then tripped my ass off around the cobble stone streets of the DAM-ed. Good Times...lol

whodair

Veteran
picture.php

KushSmoker

hi

for me

Amnesia haze - Amnesia
Acapulco gold - Amnesia
Super lemon haze - Greenhouse
Chiesel - grey area
big buddah cheese - grey area

devel666

just got bk in nov for me was
skunk no1 -double reggay (rly strong like it was a long time ago)
kuchi - greay area
acapulco gold -amnesia
dr grinspoon-abbaraxas
tangareane dream - barneys/amnesia (this was at the cup so dont know if amnesia sells this besides at the last cc)

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Best weeds I have smoked in NL were all imports. Ghanean, Acapulco Gold, Thai, Durban Poison, Swazi. Will keep looking for nice imports next time I'm there !

Irie !

S

spliphy

another trip, another 5

another trip, another 5

Barney's Nevil's Haze was my go to smoke since i hung out at Barney's Uptown. other good herb was Black Widow from Katsu though it didn't seem as good than what they had in summer '09.

super silver blueberry was nice from Noon. other herb was OG Kush from Green place, Tangerine Dream (which Barney's kept the vapor balloons of going strong). Hi Quality Jamaican had a good stone to it from Basjoe.

nothing was really exceptional though. i did want to make it to Samerang (sp.?) which carries many imports, but never made it this time around unfortunately.

U

unthing

I've only visited the 'dam once for a half a day and only one coffeeshop, does that count :)
It was this little shop called Tweede Kramer.

Maybe:

1.La Confidental
2.Mako Haze
3-5 don't remember

1 sweet tooth #3 spice of life ,this strain can save the world!!!
1 sweet chunk & xdog alpine ,the frostyest buds ever!!!
1 sgouda soma, the cheeeeesyest thing if smoked,like it cheesy, try it!
1 amnesia haze soma, hunters coffe shop, better then greenhouse, and others...
1 blockhead spice of life, one blow and your head spins around:laughing: and around:dance013:

don´t buy sweet tooth at barneys, the worst knokoff since brix

peace
lds:tiphat:

REZDOG

Veteran
Hmmmm....:blowbubbles:

The best weed I ever smoked in Amsterdam was the Sour Diesel that I pre-shipped,beforehand,for The IC420 one year. :D

Since that doesn't really "count",I will say that I usually buy a huge bag of "Sour Diesel"** from De Rokerij and then buy single grams of random varieties that I see as I wander around.

Most commercial weed in Amsterdam is just that: Commercial.
Better than some are used to,but not as good as what most better than average growers can produce.
The most interesting thing is the number of available variants,the worse part is the wide swings in quality.
(The greatest quality issue is the lack of flushing,bar none.)
I love The Grey Area,but they suffer from "beautiful weed that knocks your eyes out but burns for shit" more often than not.
Amnesia Coffeeshop keeps a decent overall stash.
De Dampkring used to be Grade AAA overall,but have slipped into a "caveat emptor" rating over the past couple of years.
Greenhouse can have good Kali Mist and their OG Kush is decent,as well.
If you can,find Soma-He's usually got some really well-grown herb.
That's a Best Bet,if you can swing it.
That said,Amsterdam is always fun simply because you can sit on the sidewalk,have a beer and smoke a joint,and watch a very interesting world walk by.
Without hassle.
Priceless.

~RD~

**The "Sour Diesel" at De Rokerij is actually a sour diesel phenotype of Sage N' Sour.
Physically it's almost identical to Sour Diesel,but the flavor is mostly Sage,with Sour D undertones. It's a really nice selection,and most importantly,WELL-FLUSHED,but not,I'm sorry to say,the Real Deal Sour Diesel.... Not by a longshot.

KosmoKramer

REZDOG Hmmmm....:blowbubbles:

The best weed I ever smoked in Amsterdam was the Sour Diesel that I pre-shipped,beforehand,for The IC420 one year.
biggrin.gif

:laughing:

If I had it, I would have bet a million that's what he would say!

Latest posts

Latest posts