What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy Bucket STYLE!!!

Haha SOG i already went to wal mart in search of one of those ice trays. I read it on the Link o rama last week. They were out of them but said they had ordered more. Im def gonna try that. Now i need to keep the newly cut clones in a "greenhouse" correct. Im gonna go purchase a small dome and tray tomorrow. Dummy ?, I cant make cuts out of shade leaves i remove, right? I didnt know if they would root. Well anyways tomorrow Im gonna take some cuts and defoliate the big girls. prob get a small cfl while im out getting a dome.
hey matt-good job so far man those hempies look good. I noticed a comment you made about not worrying about the bagseed plants...but unless you remember it to be something you didn't like....you could have a gem in the rough. Don't think that free or cheap seeds aren't as good as the most expensive seeds. There's a lot of advertising that can drive a price up....however, there's some dope ass dope out there too. Keep up the good work man. Best wishes.

Thanks dude. I was browsing your photos earlier, Impressive my friend. I one day want to grow with the big dogs! Smoke on cabron!

someotherguy

Veteran
mornin' matt, before i post those pics i promised you i thought i'd let you know that your pm inbox is full so you can no longer recieve pm's, i'd suggest you delete those messages you don't need and that you also create a new folder or two to give you a place to archive messages you want to save.

anyway, now i'll post those pics and just the pics, i've already shared the link with you and anyone else can find it easily in the first post of my clonebox buildout linked in my sig.

hopefully, these will be self-explanitory and easy to understand without a lot of text.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

btw, all of these cuts had been in my fridge for nearly a month.

picture.php

picture.php

someotherguy

Veteran
with these cloners it's a bitch to label them so i just numbered the cells and then i just keep a notebook.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace, SOG

Cloning

Cloning

Well i officialy completed my first cloning process today. Pretty awesome!! I defoliated the lower portion of larger plants to allow light thru.took very few fans from the smaller ones. I got 8 cuts in all. 5 Mgirls 2 SuperSilver and 1WhiteWidow. Hope they make it. Here are a few before and after shots of all the plants. and a final shot of the clones. whew! busy day...

before after before after

clones cont.

clones cont.

CLONING SUPPLIES
BEFORE AFTER AFTER

BAKING IN THE CFLS!! I did a few in rockwool and a few in the rapid rooters. Wanted to check both of them out.

The clones are Lookin good to me. 16 hrs light a day and i raised the light a little bit

as far as the new 32w 6500k bulb i bought. How far should it be from the canopy? im using this to help increase the HPS footprint. I know this is a veg bulb and i plan on doing my flip Tomorrow. Do i need to get a 3000k bloom bulb for flowering or will this one be fine? Are the every day "redder " household bulbs 3000k spectrum. I have them in my whole house and looked at all the bulbs and they have no spectrum #. They sure as hell look red. any help would be appreciated as im doing flip tomorrow.

The HPS bulb is about 11-12 inch from plants and the 32wCFL is about 8-9 in from each plant is this right? I have seen the Graph for hps so i am familiar with that just unfamiliar about the CFL heres what it looks like

The plants are doing wonderful. I took a look at some pre flower threads and from what i have gathered i think the two Mgirls are female. The other 3 were feminized seeds so they better be!! Got some buckets flipped over that im using as stools for the smaller plants. Now i was wondering if i need to get some PH down for when i am watering with water only. Bc my ph is reading 7.5-8.0. which i been told is high. Im not gonna get stuck on PH as i have been told not to but i was just wondering if the ph down would help. The runoff and nute mix is right at 6.0.

SSH and White widow.Wish that one wouldnt have gotten so leggy!

Mgirl #1 @ 24 inches. thats 4 inches in 4 days!!

Mgirl 2 @ 26 inches. 5 inches in 4 days!

Well i hope everyone had a happy holiday yesterday, I know i sure did. Keep up the great work everyone and keep gods earth GREEN!​

G

Guest 142956

The best 150w HPs grow I had was 4 plants in a vertical setup 12/12 from seed. I use a 26 watt CFL till the seedlings stood up and then put in the 150. The plants were AK48xSK#1 and the potency was way up there. Your yields are not going to be much over 2oz's and maybe less so a potent plant makes a lot of difference. My grow area was 2'x2' and it was perfect for the 150. In flower you should give them a mix of one tablespoon of Maxicrop seaweed and 2 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses per gallon weekly starting at week 4 of flower. After the forth week of flower cut back on your main nutes 25%. My exhaust was a DC computer fan and it worked well but a bit more would have been better. yield will be better if flower stays in the mid 70's down to the mid 60's temp wise. At any rate I was able to keep myself in smoke with a 150HPS.

The best 150w HPs grow I had was 4 plants in a vertical setup 12/12 from seed. I use a 26 watt CFL till the seedlings stood up and then put in the 150. The plants were AK48xSK#1 and the potency was way up there. Your yields are not going to be much over 2oz's and maybe less so a potent plant makes a lot of difference. My grow area was 2'x2' and it was perfect for the 150. In flower you should give them a mix of one tablespoon of Maxicrop seaweed and 2 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses per gallon weekly. After the forth week of flower cut back on your main nutes 25%. My exhaust was a DC computer fan and it worked well but a bit more would have been better. yield will be better if flower stays in the mid 70's down to the mid 60's temp wise. At any rate I was able to keep myself in smoke with a 150HPS.
Cool man. Yea i hopefully gonna add cfls in to try and widen the footprint to be able to use all my space. Maybe SCROG a few more grows ive seen some impressive 1 plant 1lb grows. I dont think they were with a 150 but SCROG looks like a hell of a method. Now about the seaweed and molasses you are saying add these to the hempys? i had thought they were for soil. Anyways thanks dude

light trap

light trap

Something i rigged up overnight since im making switch today maybe somebody can reccomend a better DIY one. Made it out of a solo cup which ones step one wrong. the inside is white which recflects light instead if killing it duh. Used two pieces of cardboard and made two slits in the cup one about 1/2 in from top and one 1/2 in from bottom. This is a shot with them open to show u all way thru.

and 3/4 CLOSED

Last night when lights were on in closet i turned off all lights in the room and no evident light leaked thru anything whatsoever. RIGHT ON!! heres a shot of whole thing!!

G

Guest 142956

Actually seaweed/mollasses mixes are fine in some types of hydro, specifically Hempy and Wick systems that the container design keeps anything you put in it from getting in the reservoir. Unless you are a super master grower you should be happy with up to 2 ounces from a 150 HPS and even that will take you a while to figure out even with a good yielder.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
i used to run 4 seperate 7 gallon DWC's under seperate CFL fixtures where i pulled one DWC every 2 weeks and i pulled about 3.5 - 4 zips per DWC.

...then i had to move and so i lost the space for that setup so i bought me a couple Vapor Tights, 150HPS fixtures for inside refrigerators and freezers and such, ...some here will remember a time when you could get one of these babies for $20.00 USD.

anyway, here's a shot shows both the old setup and one of the new Vapor Tights, ...i couldn't resist wiring it up so i could check it out, man that feels like a long time ago, lol.
picture.php

like i said, i bought two so here's a shot of the cooltube i DIYed from 2 hurricane glass' i got at the craft store, and a rubber coupling from the plumbing dept. at Lowes.
picture.php

...and a couple of my ghetto reflector.
picture.php

picture.php

...and a crappy shot of the almost complete cab i modified to replace that closet i lost.
picture.php

bozo

well here's where things stand. The plants are doing wonderful. We are in day 4 of flower now. Switched to the flower formula for the technaflora nutes. The girls are a beautiful deep green color. They Look healthier than Kim K's rear end!! I got the city to come do a water test today results will be in in few weeks. But my tap water is around 8.0-8.3. Thats what it is coming out of the treatment plant i was told as well. watered with straight water and the runoff was about 7.0. Temps have been ranging from 65-75.

Now it seems like a deal has fallen upon me that i just cant resist. My pal has some lights he selling and he needs money now for his beach trip this weekend. Im gettin a 250w Hps Industrial style light. He said its like the ones they use in parking lots, streets, etc. So i am assuming its not a home security light. Dude is an electrician and he's gonna go ahead and wire a cord to ballast so i can plug it in. I saw the DIY but i am by no means an electrician or mess with voltage. Im gettin this from him for $35!!! a steal i hear. He wanted sell me a 400 HPS for 55 but i dont need that much wattage. So the 250 Im gettin tomorrow in tandem with the 150 makes 400 Booming watts to Bud these precious girls out. Hell yea! Prob gonna have to add a fan right at light level to keep them cool. I hope the fan i have is powerful enough to cool 2 lights! we'll see. Im like a gitty little school girl all antsy inside. It's awesome man. Heres some shots of the girls.SSH and White widow first

Bagseed i call MountainGirl

And the clones at 6 days. lookin swell.

Stretchin

Post some pics of my new light when i get it set up manana!! adios amigos.

someotherguy

Veteran
mornin' matt, i'd suggest you also buy that 400 if you have the dough, $55.00 is a heck of a price and while you may not have a need for it NOW, i'd be willing to bet there will come a time down the road when you'll wish you'd bought it.

peace, SOG

btw, the cuts are lookin' nice and healthy and green so i'd expect you'll see roots within the next 4 days, ...God willing and the creek don't rise.

...and don't respond to the b00b on the other site, he is the WORST troll over there, ...he actually might be the ONLY troll over there, just using multiple names.

mornin' matt, i'd suggest you also buy that 400 if you have the dough, $55.00 is a heck of a price and while you may not have a need for it NOW, i'd be willing to bet there will come a time down the road when you'll wish you'd bought it.

peace, SOG

btw, the cuts are lookin' nice and healthy and green so i'd expect you'll see roots within the next 4 days, ...God willing and the creek don't rise.

...and don't respond to the b00b on the other site, he is the WORST troll over there, ...he actually might be the ONLY troll over there, just using multiple names.

Dude im not talking to anybody whose not legitimatlly helping me grow some dank bud. The childish games are old. Anyways yea Im sure one day im gonna need that 400. He's not leaving town or running out of them anytime soon. the price just might fluctuate. Heres what i picked up my 250w hps. $35. Can anybody tell me wether or not this needs to be grounded. Guy who sold it to me said the whole thing was grounded so i didnt need to. By grounded i mean the cord i plug in wall he cut ground off. Heres the wiring diagram and the guts. Help please!!
picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes a ground is need for safteys sake . ground the fixture but if you remove everything to make a remote ballast , ground all metal pieces like the transformer . good score on the lights dude :)

do i need to create a ground or can u see one from the diagram or pics that already exists? how do i go about creating a ground if i must. Well i just put both hoods in for test run and temps got up to 88 . Looks like im gonna have to drop one of them. Well I look at i like this i can have 400 but i can have 250 and thats 100w more than i had yesterday!!!

new 250w HPS....$35

new 250w HPS....$35

Okay i got th 250 in there by herself and she is running great. How far should i have it from the plant tops. i know it differs from 150HPS. Mine are at about 13-15" away right now. If this is not right please correct me!
picture.php