What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well old stoners, how long have you been smoking and what got you started?

G

I am rollin on 37 and I think I was 13 or so when I first smoked and bought my first QP from a freinds older brother at 14, man we thought we were real "kingpins". We would ride around on our mopeds smokin pinners with two papers wrapped around it.lol

Smokin ever since, well except for a 92 day stay at rehab in the 90's.(coke was a real bitch for me back then)

Tex

G

The summer of 1971 in Houston with my best buddy on some mexiweed that was 10.00 for a lid.we were gonna wait till it was legalized before we smoked.I'm still waiting,and smoking.34 great years,
'Buz

F

Father Time

Hay,
Since "76" was 17 and my girlfriends big bro gave me a few hits on a joint of some Bush he was smokein,and the rest is hazy history..
Kind Regards,Father Time.

G

heck i was only born in 76'but i been smoking a while and i feel old does that count? :biglaugh:

I started smokin'when i was about 10 or so on and off, It started out by finding my uncles stash in his truck, i was bored and decided to try it out...he is still mad at me for stealing his stash and thats 20 years ago now ahaha

sttb

28 years here ran outa pot once 1991 good year for dea bad year for pothed, girlfriend got me started smokin pot, so i kept the pot and quit her ben high on life ever since and enjoy every minute of it. peace stoners

G

My brother came home from the army in 79' and turned me on to a joint. I'm 41 now so it's been about 25 years :yoinks:

G

I'm old enough, been toking since I was 18, and I tried it out of curiosity. Liked it (obviously :biglaugh:).

Did my first grow in the mid-70's. Quit for a few years when I married an active-duty soldier. Started smoking again when I was back in the U.S. after divorcing him.

Started growing again in '96, stopped for a while when I had a good source for good weed that was a VERY good price (a friend went to Mexico every few months & brought back lots - he mostly supplied dealers but sold to me direct at about 1/3 of street price). When the friend retired (literally!), I decided to start growing again and here I am....

Just put 4 Bogglegum, 4 Lifesavers, & 3 of Gypsy's Magical Mystery beans in to sprout today. :dance:

Last edited:
G

heck i was only born in 76'but i been smoking a while and i feel old does that count?

Hahahhaa, finally I don't feel like the only one who didn't start smoking before the summer of 69 hehehe. All of a sudden I feel like a youngster. (briefly warding off the midlife crisis onset)

I also began puffing young at about 13 or so (maybe not so young compared to the 8 yr old stoner ;) My older friends used MJ but I was afraid of the side effects. One day a friend gave me some seeds and one grew into a small 1 gallon/ct. plant. I hid it behind the house and went on vacation. When I returned all that was there was a dried up plant with some nugs at the tips. I was bored on a Sunday afternoon and decided to make some smoke. I had tried my aunts cigarettes a few times (got high off tobacco) so I knew how to inhale it. I smoked the whole dang joint and 5 minutes later I was laughing nonstop for like 2 hours. It was the best high ever. Discovering the sweat leaf. It's been about 17 years since, and it's an everyday cerimony. i wake up with her and go to bed with her...she's part of my religion and my medicine..God's gift to mankind.

farmerin84

started in1971 at college in iowa. quit in 1991 when i could be drug tested at random. continued to grow the whole time but hard to resist da harvest during those years. had a stroke that affected my emotional response part. right frontal lobe burned withou spending any money. tried last years harvest and my brain started to remember happiness love and solutions to complex questions like old friends names. "times of smoke will get ya through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no smoke" furry freak brothers or da doo dah man, cant remember which. maybe a bong hit of somethin good will help me remember!! ill have to check my old issues of those comics. stay tuned in dont give up or give out. thanks to this website im learnin dis new technology called a computer

JL Hookah

Started in '69--junior year in high school. A friend turned a few of us on. I'll never forget that first smell of weed.
Cannabis has been a good pal all these years. I have no plans of ever giving up this sweet herb.
Roll another one, just like the other one...

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ever since I was 13. I remember my uncle bringing a roach he had stolen from one of his brothers (family of 16 on my moms side) anyway we smoked it and by the time we got to school my world was about to change,i went to home room and some how made it through roll. I can remember to the very day the look on that poor lady's face when she picked me up off of the home room floor and helped me to the nurse. There I laid in agony my very first time was a highly Angel Dusted Kentucky Skunk little bitty roach and it KICKED MY ASS. The only thing that made it all worth while was as I finally rolled over and there across the room in the other bed was my stoned dusty ass uncle who was responsible for the whole thing sleeping like a baby. Once again I say Damn My Luck.

Mr.Wags

G

I was 12, in 1972 when I started going home to a buddie's house for lunch, and he showed me how he pinched his mom's stash. Jr. High afternooons definately were after that. This guy's mom had the major hookup, I used to pinch a film tube from her myself every couple of days and never heard shit about it. By the time that I was a freshman, me and my buddy were selling oz's and hits of Red Dragon. Then, when I was 15, and my mom busted me 3 times in a week, she sent me to live with my dad in Iran to "get me away from that stuff" ......but, that's a different story.

Xtbudda

Started in 78.
I was never good at giving presentations in school. For once, instead of giving a topic to give an oral speech, the teacher said, pick your own topic and research it.
As I grew up in a totally foked up dysfunctional alcoholic family, my first instinct was to research alcohol as I had vowed never to become one.

I found this very boring and not educational at all, as I had first hand experience and it just sickened reading it. I flipped to another chapter in the book I had and started reading on marijuania, what I read I liked. Years before, I was at an open house for the R*C*M*P and they had a controlled burn of hash, so people could smell it, and I loved that smell.

I then coerced my cousin, into getting me blasted, as I was doing a book report and it was for educational purposes....heheh.
When I gave the speech, at lunch, myself and a few friends got baked out of our skulls. I presented the speech, explained the sympthoms, while displaying them, laughing at precise times and scored a foken 90. In the past, I rarely was able to obtain a mark higher than 70.

Basically, I have been smoking since then.
It saved this kid, who had a low self esteem and gave me back my fighting spirit, after having it beaten down both mentally and physically as a kid.

It might eventually kill me (ie:lung cancer,etc) but all I can say, I have had the best ride since starting, I recaptured my youthful spirit, that was stolen from me at an early age and since then, both in bad times and good times, I always have my inner self and my bud and NO ONE will ever take that from me.

Ask my first wife, she learned that very early in our relationship as she discovered, she had expectations that she could take the bud from me.

Xtbudda...

Hmmm, I'm thinking it must have been '77 and I was 16. My sisters boyfriend at the time would leave a little at her place and i had found it while babysitting my nephew. Emptied some of the tobacco out of a cigarette and repacked with pot to smoke it. I got nice and toasty and deemed it good.

PMZ

G

I was 16, I think and that would have been 1975. At a Steppenwolf concert.

I took 10 years off to birth and nurse my babies.....but I came back.........

G

It was 1969 & I was 15. My buddy's older brother was a pilot & was bringing in loads of Jamaican Ganj [as we used to call it].
1 day his brother gave us a '4-finger lid' [anyone remember those?] & we had nothing to smoke it out of, so my friend took about 4 cigs from his mom's pack. We carefully were rolling the cigs back & forth to get all the tobacco out, while leaving the paper & filter intact. Then we just started reaming the weed into the cig until it was nice & tight, then sliced most of the filter off, leaving a tiny bit, so the weed wouldn't fall out.
We walked to the park, fired that baby up & :yoinks: WOW!!! Did we get fuckin ripped!! Very potent weed, that Jamaican was, & we just walked around Chicago [actually felt like we were 'floating'] & laughing our balls off over nothing!!
I knew from then on what my life was intended for -- WEED!!! :joint: