What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well old stoners, how long have you been smoking and what got you started?

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
What a nice thread!!! Whoaaa! Me 40 now! Actually 40+1month. Started smoking in 1983 and smoked.... - well - it didn't resemble marijuana much except for the leaf style! It must have been hemp with absolutely no THC content in it, but boy did I get really stoned on it.

After some years I managed to develop some ruderalis strains, which made me quite famous in my city, though I've never dealt,only spread the bud among my friends. Got to know indoor only just last year.

Now, I don't smoke much anymore. Just a 1-2 tokes on my pipe once in a couple of days. These modern indicas are soo darn strong.

Roscoe

The year was '73. I was a Junior in high school. We smoked in the woods, and I missed my bus. I hitchiked home and while walking, the whirr of the 17 year cicadas freaked me out. I then got a ride by the girl who was our church's organist. She was only a couple of years older and knew I was stoned but didn't say anything about it. I still wonder if she would have smoked with me if I offered.
When I got home I raided the cupboards. Ahh, good times...

G

About 40yrs. Had my first hit sitting on Brighton Beach 1964/5 aged 16 and haven't looked back. First grow 1978 outdoors for 2 yrs, knew nothing, got killer bud . Started indoors 5yrs ago.
Wishing everyone the best growing season ever...

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Well, Im only 24, but since ive been at it more thn half of my life...that counts as me being an old stoner, lol.
My 1st toke, I was 11, i had heard about some stuff to smoke called "Draw" at school and found out u gould get a lump of some herby thing....the 1st time I tried a toke was with the chef , I grew up living above a pub which my folks ran....the chef was astoner, i smelled it, he was in the beer cellar on a breakl having a toke, I asked him for some, he obliged, it was a little skinny single sheeter, no baccy, he said it was his homegrown! i had 1 tike, and within a few seconds I felt really light and floaty and generally wierd..had a nother and had to sit down for a minute...then i went and raided the pub kitchen...I even remember the Ice cream i ate, it was a gourmet one, called "Tin roof", it was toffe, and peanuts and all kinds of lovliness...then i started having the occasoonal smoke wheni could find some1..the 1st time i tried to score, I was sold liqourice...the 2nd, it was oregano(still only 11) but the 3rd time as they say was the charm, lol, and i was pleased. bot into it regularly, like all wekend, and a bit through the week, and was at it every day by the time I was 13. was getting into some bad shit too thru the pople i was meetung, and got a bit fucked up o acid before i was even 15.
so, now im growing, prob=viding for myself, and loving it.

BudZad7

52 yrs young & still smokin !

52 yrs young & still smokin !

:smile: My very 1st tyme was good Mex from the kid that everyone knew had the BEST WEED at that tyme,and of course he got it from his college age big
brother, anyway everyone was gettin high but me,and my buddies were buggin
me to try it....but I just said NO!!! ALOT!!! Well, after months of badgering from my buddies, I gave in, but I had to walk our BIG DOG every night before I
went to bed, so earlier in the week I asked the kid if he could get me HIGH my
1st time this coming weekend, but I want it to be the BEST he could get,cause my dad always said " If your gonna pollute your body do it with the BEST pollutants...." :friends: :canabis: :joint: :yummy: LOL! Hey makes sense 2
me!!! :wink: So back to my story...I told him to meet me by a ditch next to a fence that had a full view of a Perfect Full Moon....so it's him & I and my 120lb Big Ass Dog
on a leash...we settle in and spark that 1st joint, ohhhh that smell of Mex back
in the dayzzzzzz!!!!!! :canabis: Geez ! that taste I'll never forget, anyway we
smoked 6 joints and the kid was smashed, and I'm still wondering when something is going to happen ? :confused: So the kid says lets stand up and
walk, just as I stood up my 120lb dog took off after this cat, and I still have his leash in my hand,boy I'll tell you that dog bout ripped my arm out of its socket, he was gone like that and me flyin done the street with him, I guess
that all that runnin got that weed going in my veins then BAMM! It was the BEST FEELING EVER, I thought that I was on a cloud a foot off the ground like that hover board in Back to the Future, and I was Space Walking my Big Ass Dawg!!!!! :smile: LOL!!! This all happened when I was 17 the Summer Of '69

Damn Good Memories...........us old farts r very Lucky to have lived and survived those Incredible Dayz!!!!! Party on Garth!!!!1 PEACE! :wave:

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
20+ years

20+ years

I'm in my mid thirties(or so :rolleyes: ) and I've been smoking for at least 20 years, probably a few more. Not positive of the very first time I smoked.... I know I was in 6th grade and was offered a hit from some older neighborhood kids I knew, but passed.I remember thinking "mmm that smells nice though" but wasn't ready to try it. I seem to remember smoking later that same year with the same guy. My very first hit MAY have been from my older sister who smoked. Again, not positive. Like many others, I have no plan too quit any time soon. In fact, now that I''m growing, I hope to INCREASE my consumption :biglaugh: I MAY begin vaporizing more than I smoke, but I just had a chest xray that says I got fairly healthy lungs(surprise to me) so I'm not TOO worried about it.
I've tried many a substance in my day, but none can compare with my beloved Mary Jane.
cook- cooked right now!

My first experience with the weed is still foggy.... Went to a friends' friend place in 1967, just around 13 yrs, of age.....there was a huge ass party there ...I did'nt Know shit yet...so someone gave me a qualude and somebody else gave me a cube(LSD)....Go ask Alice was on and The tune white rabbit was playing...I tripped my brains out..even with the lude!!!I know I smoked the weed then but I can't say if I got off on it or not....But I've smoked many years....eight years behind bars and still smoked some good shit in there!! Wil continue the odessey(sp.) the rest of Days!!

Sleepy

Veteran
23 years for me...parents went away for the weekend. brother threw a party all the 'cool' kids came!

hash knife hits, bongs, and joints. what a way to start!!

til this day, the folks think I got Him started! :biglaugh: :rolleyes:

sttb

28 years and can still run a mile in 8 minutes
and i'm not like ff, i'm no lier no tobacco either can't stand it yuk,puke, nasty

sttb

first time i smoked out of power hitter man was i fuked up went home ate the refridgerater and went to bed

G

My 1st time was with some hash.. in the 5th grade.. I am 35.
I didnt keep on smoking after the, But i did start back up between 6 & 7th grade. Been going since.. Didnt know shite about the sticky icky, Just that it got me all high.
Lots of body highs i remember. I would say the best weed i smoked was thai.. Also my brother was the 1st to get me high... peace..

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

dbsky

First hoot 1967...
still on the toad...

"turn on, tune in, drop out..."
in a brotherhood of eternal love

mIu4ea

1968--a beach party in Delray Beach in Florida, and the hippies gave me this baggie---my first stone was a lung-burner---but I rememberrrr---I think?? Just started again after too many straight years--WOOOOHOOOO

Barn Owl

74 or 5. I was 13 and continued for 4 years. We got Columbian Red and Gold in Florida. That was outstanding weed. I than put it down until 1999. I tried the cannabis again for depression. I dumped all of the perscription meds and have not looked back since. The sacred cannabis.

~gg~

many years

many years

My first smoke was also "pinched" from bag found in parents dresser...... 12 years old, summer of 66...... those were incredible days.... Laguna Beach CA.

G

:joint: 11 yrs old a friends older bro and his friend were smokin a j , well 2 b cool i had 2 take a toke :yummy: Ya know it realy helped me :yoinks: I was a VERY hyper kid and they didnt have drugs 4 it then, but I found that I could consintrate i felt less agetated it realy changed my like :woohoo: Now at 40 I use it medicaly for my may problems, but I thank god 4 that day for I may have never discoevered the wonderful secerets of the magical herb! :joint:

G

guest123

wow , i t hought i started early , but 14 seems to be average if not late around here .. lol ... that was 23 yrs ago now ...
first stoning was a thai stick ,, took 2 joints , but man when it hit , i knew id found what id been lookin for .. lol ... i began to grow straight away , havent looked back really , met some great stoner folk , you guys being no exception ...

fuaryone

I think...

I think...

:chin: ... I started about '72 at the summer between grades 8 and 9... I must of been -12-13, born in '59, regardless... it was the 10.00 lid and .50 cent joints full of seeds peeps sold at high school, I was cruising Whittier blvd with my friends at the time... or around that time... it seems eons ago... 30+ years... The 1st joint I actually smoked we went out to the "BIG" tree, at the local grade school, where we used to play tag football... it was regular Mexican commercial... they should have legalized it in '72 in California... and elsewhere... it was on the ballot... slowrolling... F1. :joint: